• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Death Run - Future Minigame Idea

Should this minigame be added to MCGamer?

• Yes

Votes: 6 100.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Thapple_

Diamond
Reaction score
- I have no idea which category to place this is, feel free to move it if you feel this isn't a proper place for this thread -

Deathrun is a gamemodes about running a booby trapped obstacle course and using reflexes, timing and psychology in order to avoid death.

One team plays the role of the “runners.” Their goal is to survive until the end of the map. They must avoid traps and hazards as well as be lucky in order to win. A big part of playing a runner is remembering the layout of traps and having patience.

One team plays the role of the “activator.” This team usually consists of only one player on the server. Players are selected to be the activators based off of a point queue. Playing rounds on a server increases every player’s point total, eventually everyone gets their chance to be the activator. The activator plays just outside of the play-space of the runners. They view the play-space through one-way walls. The goal of the activator is to click on buttons at the most opportune moment to trigger traps and kill runners. If they manage to kill everyone they win the round.
Source- http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=204444051

Here is a video of someone playing deathrun in Minecraft
(This video may contain foul language)

To my knowledge, no other server has deathrun as a minigame. So this could be a new original gamemode that could be exclusive to MCGamer. Deathrun could easily be added to MCGamer, because it shouldn't be too difficult to develop, and it wouldn't take that much building skills because the maps are so small. So, to my knowledge, it would be very easy to add. Deathrun is most popular in the game Gary's Mod, but parkour is so difficult in that game that many players complain about how difficult it is to land jumps and what not. So if this was made in a game where parkour is easier and more simpler, I can assure you many of the longtime Deathrun fans would convert from Gary's Mod to Mcgamer.

I just feel this would so much fun to play in Minecraft, and no other servers offer this minigame. So this could be a good opportunity for MCGamer.

I want to thank Angelsquad for coming up with this wonderful idea.

Edit: I noticed that I would change from saying "deathrun" and "death run" please just ignore that, I made this when I was half awake.​

Last edited:

Jockstah

Diamond
Reaction score
Sounds good. Also by the looks of things, this could be a community population booster c: .

bbLLERMC

District 13
Reaction score
Sounds cool but the only thing is I want this server to mainly stay survival games i feel like having more games will lead to not as many updates and less attention to the survival games.

Thapple_

Diamond
Reaction score
Sounds cool but the only thing is I want this server to mainly stay survival games i feel like having more games will lead to not as many updates and less attention to the survival games.
Oh, well MCSG has other mini games already, I thought this one would be a fun one to add. :3

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci