• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Deathmatch...

Status
Not open for further replies.

RogueHaven

Tribute
Reaction score
I understand the purpose it has, but it needs improvement.

[Yay, thank you!] Firstly, I like long games. I like getting immersed and making allies and evading death and fasioning my best equipment. I want to play the map - enjoy it. I'm not there to simply try my luck at winning the match. I want to survive! [ : ) ]

Also, I like the classic way of sending tributes to the middle of the map they were playing on. It doesn't take you out of the world. But those went on for too long, hence the change.

So put a time limit on the deathmatch on the map and THEN send us to the arena, where, by the way

Spectators should be made invisible and allowed to fly! It's very hard to get in the mood when I have to fight my way out of the spawning room, run around and jump over that fence so I can get a clear view of the remaining specks in the distance, fighting it out.

Again, I understand it's necessity, but it's a very jarring switch at the end of the game and could be implemented more intelligently.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
true the old deathmatch was more enjoyable but the older games did go on a tad too long especially when noobs camp. I like 40 mins for a 24 slot personally as it gives you 2 nights to prepare

RogueHaven

Tribute
Reaction score
Yes, but beyond game length, how should it end? Should the arena come out only when the final deathmetch runs too long, or should it be the default ending to every game?

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
i think they should slowly bring in the lightning barrier so that anyone in that area is struk by lightning. the only true way to be safe is stay in the middle but 2 people in the middle together = conflict.
Plz like if you think this would be a good idea so i have an idea.

James.D

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I prefer shorter games giving more people a chance to play, because if all servers lasted say the full 1 hour, but all the servers started and finished at the same time, you would have to wait an hour to play in a new game, then you would also have to wait another hour if you die within the first 5 minutes.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
yes very true... i would like to see a 40 min games wiv the classic DM but like the new arena instead of the sand falling the lightning moves inwards

James.D

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Lightning movign in would probably create lag. I like what they have at the moment, because if you have a fishing rod you have a use for it :p and a higher chance of pushes someoen to their death.

Kezzer

District 13
Reaction score
remember the old setup where if u went out so far the lighting hit u... well what i mean is that area grows nwards so it wont really matter that much til about 1 min into the DM and then people will hav to move closer together

RogueHaven

Tribute
Reaction score
I prefer shorter games giving more people a chance to play, because if all servers lasted say the full 1 hour, but all the servers started and finished at the same time, you would have to wait an hour to play in a new game, then you would also have to wait another hour if you die within the first 5 minutes.
Before the new arena, we didn't have every server lasting the full hour, did we?

I value the time I get on the map,. It's the meat and the adventure of the experience and it needs more time to be savored.

James.D

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Before the new arena, we didn't have every server lasting the full hour, did we?

I value the time I get on the map,. It's the meat and the adventure of the experience and it needs more time to be savored.
Everygame I was in lasted 1 hour. (Sometimes) :D

RogueHaven

Tribute
Reaction score
'Every' and 'sometimes' directly contradict. Anyway, they don't start and end at the same nor are all a full hour, so I'm confused what the problem is with what I'm suggesting.

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
I like some aspects of your idea and some others i dont :p
I agree specs should be able to fly in the arena too, without getting inside it of course
Im not sure aobut your other ideas tohugh :p But i will add i would also like that specs could see each other all the time and not only in the arena :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci