• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Demon's Breeze: Revamp or Remove.

iRocki

Career
Reaction score
I don't feel the need to buy a better PC just to play a block game, especially since other games run fine. Besides, I know many players who have more lag than me, and Demon's Breeze just becomes a pain.

I have to agree with what SuperxAndrew has said. The map can be fun to chokepoint on, but with the horrible deathmatch, uninteresting builds, and annoying holes, I just don't find myself having a good time on this map.

This is so true, and it could be said about SG 1, 2, 3, and countless others that nobody likes and yet they are still here.
Report it to the map builder then.

2mccookie2

Tribute
Reaction score
I think it's fine, well my FPS is at least; I get about 60 frames on the map.

Mirko

Quantum
Reaction score
To be honest, I love this map; how it's build and how much it's good for the PvP (you can easily kill a team knocking them into the lava).
To win in this map you have to be intelligent, using different parts of the map in your favor to kill the other players easier.

N0va

Survivor
Reaction score
if you don't want to play it, then just quit pre-game; nobody's stopping you.

it reached it's prime back in the day, and people still enjoy the map today. it won't leave anytime soon (unless the revamp replaces it)

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
if you don't want to play it, then just quit pre-game; nobody's stopping you.

it reached it's prime back in the day, and people still enjoy the map today. it won't leave anytime soon (unless the revamp replaces it)
I know. That's obvious. But if no one ever said anything about issues, this server wouldn't even be half of what it is today.

ArcenimTF

Tribute
Reaction score
So recently I have been playing Demon's Breeze because donators control the voting system, and I had some problems.

First, the framerate is horrendous, and I'm using a 2014 laptop that can run Minecraft at 60fps on normal maps. But on this one, there's nothing but lag. Even on the lowest settings, the spawn on the map gives me about 2 frames per second, and in deathmatch lighting, the game is completely unplayable.

Secondly, there's very little PvP action. Most players are just going to be hit off the bridge, so fights have practically no skill involved. Every weapon in the map is practically broken. Sword? Forget it, just punch them into lava! Rod? Well now you've killed another by doing nothing but right-clicking. Bow? Same thing. FnS? Heheheh, well good luck finding water when you're stuck at 1 frame per second.

Third, there's just not much fun to be had. The bridges have holes that do nothing but tick players off, there's too much lava, and not nearly enough structures. Even the spawn is basic and boring, and the lag makes it impossible to be good for any player with a mediocre PC.

Remove it or revamp it.
If you get 60 fps normally then there's no reason you shouldn't get it on Demon's Breeze. The map has a lot of lava, yes, but that doesn't cause your frames to drop as much as you're saying. The problem is something in your settings. Are you sure all your animations are turned off? I've never had any problem with this map and I don't have a high performance computer.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The problem is something in your settings. Are you sure all your animations are turned off? I've never had any problem with this map and I don't have a high performance computer.
After battling lag for over a year, I finally got a new laptop in July 2014. It works great.

But on DB, there's so much lava that it's crazy, and each and every one of those has to be animated. Even with animations off, the lighting engine hogs up all the resources.

ShaiPR7

Sr Moderator | Ban Disputes Team
Reaction score
I like Demons Breeze the only thing that needs is to re-tier some chests

ArcenimTF

Tribute
Reaction score
After battling lag for over a year, I finally got a new laptop in July 2014. It works great.

But on DB, there's so much lava that it's crazy, and each and every one of those has to be animated. Even with animations off, the lighting engine hogs up all the resources.
Hm, that's weird. I've never heard of anyone having that kind of fps lag on DB, and you use Optifine and everything?

Niall

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I run quite soothly on the map and quite enjoy it as well considering how different it is from the other maps. It gives a gameplay aspect that other maps do not and therefore I believe it is beneficial to remain on the network.

BedIntruder

Experienced
Reaction score
lag is no problem for me lol.

the map is fine, just it needs some re-tiering, and for the stone tower to be removed (let's be honest no one goes there)

MaestroZeN

Platinum
Reaction score
I Guess Revamped since it needs some fix , it will be good to see that map revamped.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci