• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Depression [My story/point of view]

NotTheRatio

Survivor
Reaction score
Hello people on the MCSG community, I have recently seen couple of cases of depression going around on here so I thought about giving my own personal experience in the situation as I have been into one. I will explain my story and how it all developed.

So back in 2013 I went to the USA to do an exchange year, nothing out of the regular line. I made friends as is not hard for me to be chill but I didnt get to be as friends, I dont know if I am explaining myself correctly, lets say the kind of friends that you laugh around and do stuff during school but not outside. So nobody called me during the weekends or barely. So the situation was I had a lot of spare time and what did I decide to choose? I decided to play MCSG because I absolutely loved it. Was it a bad choice or a good choice?Let me get into detail with this.

Yes, it was a good decision because I met really good people and I had a lot fun which is pretty much the point of this, and which people usually forget nowadays. So I did enjoy it. At that time soccer season just ended so I had even more spare time to play MCSG which was completely fine with me because of corse MCSG was fun. This lead into me playing 4-5 hours every day in school days and during weekends.

Yes, it was a bad choice because I got completely adicted to it and forgot about life, pretty much on a regular basis I would go to school go home, eat and then play MCSG until I went to bed and the same over and over. this lasted from around December 2013-June 2014 trough that time I met a lot of cool people online which made my days better as they were people I could talk to due to me not having anybody in real life to talk to. But I kept gaining weight due to me only playing MCSG and not going out or barely going out.

So we are now on June 2014 and of corse my VISA expired and I had to go back to Spain so I did. The situation did not improve there due to me not havking any friends, when I mean no friends I mean no friends. This was derivated from a problem that I had on 2012-2013 at my school where stuff happened. So what did I do trough the whole summer? Stay in my room palying MCSG of corse. But what was really going on is that I was fat af, ugly, 0 self steem, no friends and not really a reason/desire to go outside. And I think this is the situation in which one realises he has nothing to live for really and falls into a depression. Of corse I kept eating and eating because that was the only thing that made me feel better.

Around August 2014 my mom decided to take part on this and take me to a phsycologist which was really well played by her and I will thank her the rest of my life. After the first session the doctor decided to take away pretty much everything: My computer, my phone, tablet, tv..everything, so I was forced to go outside and do stuff.

Eventually school started and I met some old guys and established some of the old relationships so everything was going kinda forward. As I went to attend more and more these sessions my attitude was imrpoving and so did everything. Also something that really motivated me is that there was this girl that I liked but I did not have the self steem to talk to her so what I decided is to get in shape, work out, loose weight and all of that. So I started running because it is a good way to do it. And around january 2015 I was randomly talking to a guy in class and the running topic came on so we decided to set up a group to go out and stuff and that honestly changed my life. I met my best friends there, we were literally squad and as I am writting this I cant help but smile.

During the period from January 2015-June2015 I worked out as hard as I could and never quiting so the results kinda showed off. I lost 3 sizes of jeans which means around 12 kg ish and I was able to run 1 track in 35 minutes when at the time I started running it my time was 1:15h. Unfortunatelly the girl didnt work out but oh well couldnt careless.

Thanks to this I was able to focus more on my studies and able to get a schoolarship to go to College in the UK so Im pretty proud about that.

The whole point of this thread is to tell everybody out there who is depressed that there is a way out and that it starts getting off the internet and doing stuff outside. This way you will meet people and eventually have things to do with them, share moments laugh and such, that helps hell of a lot. REMEMBER YOU HAVE TO MAKE AN EFFORT. I know internet is an exit from your life, it gives you an excuse for the situation you are living, but you cant be living like that. The key thing for me in life is to always love yourself anfd be happy with yourself. If you dont like something just change it. If I did it so can you. The point of this thread is not to show off myself but just tell you guys my point of view on this whole situation. Hope it helped, feel free to PM me if you need anything.

As hax said music can help out a lot too I have some if you need some c:
The troll I am I decided to edit all of your spelling/punctuations/grammar mistakes.
In words in brackets are your mistakes that I've fixed.

New

Hello people on the MCSG community, I have recently seen couple of cases of depression going around on here so I thought about giving my own personal experience in the situation as I have been into one. I will explain my story and how it all developed.

So back in 2013 I went to the USA to do an exchange year, nothing out of the regular line. I made friends as is not hard for me to be chill but I (didn’t) get to be as friends, I (don’t) know if I am explaining myself correctly, (let’s) say the kind of friends that you laugh around and do stuff during school but not outside. So nobody called me during the weekends or barely. So the situation was I had a lot of spare time and what did I decide to choose? I decided to play MCSG because I absolutely loved it. Was it a bad choice or a good (choice? Let) me get into detail with this.

Yes, it was a good decision because I met really good people and I had a lot fun which is pretty much the point of this, and which people usually forget nowadays. So I did enjoy it. At that time soccer season just ended so I had even more spare time to play MCSG which was completely fine with me because of (course) MCSG was fun. This lead into me playing 4-5 hours every day in school days and during weekends.

(Yes, it was bad choices because I got completely (addicted) to it and forgot about life, pretty much on a regular basis I would go to school go) home, eat and then play MCSG until I went to bed and the same over and over. this lasted from around December 2013-June 2014 (through) that time I met a lot of cool people online which made my days better as they were people I could talk to due to me not having anybody in real life to talk to. But I kept gaining weight due to me only playing MCSG and not going out or barely going out.

So we are now on June 2014 and of (course) my VISA expired and I had to go back to Spain so I did. The situation did not improve (their) due to me not (having) any friends, when I mean no friends I mean no friends. This was (derivate) from a problem that I had on 2012-2013 at my school where stuff happened. So what did I do (through) the whole summer? Stay in my room (playing) MCSG of (course). But what was really going on is that I was fat af, ugly, 0 (self-esteem), no friends and not really a reason/desire to go outside. And I think this is the situation in which one realises he has nothing to live for really and falls into a depression. Of (course) I kept eating and eating because that was the only thing that made me feel better.

Around August 2014 my mom decided to take part on this and take me to a (phycologist) which was really well played by her and I will thank (her for the rest) of my life. After the first session the doctor decided to take away pretty much everything: My computer, my phone, tablet, tv..everything, so I was forced to go outside and do stuff.

Eventually school started and I met some old guys and established some of the old relationships so everything was going (kind of) forward. As I went to attend more and more these sessions my attitude was (improving) and so did everything. Also something that really motivated me is that there was this girl that I liked but I did not have the (self-esteem) to talk to her so what I decided is to get in shape, work out, (lose) weight and all of that. So I started running because it is a good way to do it. And around (January) 2015 I was randomly talking to a guy in class and the running topic came on so we decided to set up a group to go out and stuff and that honestly changed my life. I met my best friends there, we were literally squad and as I am (writing) this I (can’t) help but smile. During the period from January 2015-June2015 I worked out as hard as I could and never (quit)(,) so the results (kind of ) showed off. I lost 3 sizes of jeans which means around 12 kg ish and I was able to run 1 track in 35 minutes when at the time I started running it my time was 1:15h. (Unfortunately) the girl (didn’t) work out but oh well (couldn’t) careless.

Thanks to this I was able to focus more on my studies and able to get a (scholarship) to go to College in the UK so (I’m) pretty proud about that.

The whole point of this thread is to tell everybody out there who is depressed that there is a way out and that it starts getting off the internet and doing stuff outside. This way you will meet people and eventually have things to do with them, share moments laugh and (such that) helps hell of a lot. REMEMBER YOU HAVE TO MAKE AN EFFORT. I know internet is an exit from your life, it gives you an excuse for the situation you are living, but you (can’t) be living like that. The key thing for me in life is to always love yourself (and) be happy with yourself. If you (don’t) like something just change it. If I did it so can you. The point of this thread is not to show off myself but just tell you guys my point of view on this whole situation. Hope it helped, feel free to PM me if you need anything.

And you're trying to tell us you're going to college?

Just kidding. Good luck with your future.

William

District 13
Reaction score
Good job man. I've also had problems with depression, seing a phsycologist next week, hopefully that can help the situation out. Like everyone says it will get better later, but sometimes its hard when you're going through it. but ye good luck in life man <3

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Work ethic, that's what changes things. Not pity. Some people are unfortunately dealt a bad hand, and almost all of us run into struggles, while we can ask people to help us through some of it, a lot of it lies in our own hands to stand up and work through our adversities to better ourselves

that sounded fancy

Zable

Diamond
Reaction score
Dont cry because its over. Smile becaue it happend
I am no crying about Im tryna help!
I hope this act of strength by making your story public helps a lot of others out there who are struggling with the same issue find help <3 This was very brave of you <3
Thanks man I appreciate it <3 That is the main purpose of it, encourage people who are going trough right now to get up and do stuff, and work for a better life
Honestly one of the most inspiring threads that i've personally seen in quite a while.

You have a lot of courage posting this in the first place and I'm extremely glad you're happy with life as of now.

+1 *claps*
Thanks man I appreciate the good feedback, I wont consider myself as a brave person just to post this because we dont have to be ashamed of what happens to us, those are just ages, psycles that make us the way we are, we are just a lot of experiences put together,
The troll I am I decided to edit all of your spelling/punctuations/grammar mistakes.
In words in brackets are your mistakes that I've fixed.

New

So back in 2013 I went to the USA to do an exchange year, nothing out of the regular line. I made friends as is not hard for me to be chill but I (didn’t) get to be as friends, I (don’t) know if I am explaining myself correctly, (let’s) say the kind of friends that you laugh around and do stuff during school but not outside. So nobody called me during the weekends or barely. So the situation was I had a lot of spare time and what did I decide to choose? I decided to play MCSG because I absolutely loved it. Was it a bad choice or a good (choice? Let) me get into detail with this.

Yes, it was a good decision because I met really good people and I had a lot fun which is pretty much the point of this, and which people usually forget nowadays. So I did enjoy it. At that time soccer season just ended so I had even more spare time to play MCSG which was completely fine with me because of (course) MCSG was fun. This lead into me playing 4-5 hours every day in school days and during weekends.

(Yes, it was bad choices because I got completely (addicted) to it and forgot about life, pretty much on a regular basis I would go to school go) home, eat and then play MCSG until I went to bed and the same over and over. this lasted from around December 2013-June 2014 (through) that time I met a lot of cool people online which made my days better as they were people I could talk to due to me not having anybody in real life to talk to. But I kept gaining weight due to me only playing MCSG and not going out or barely going out.

So we are now on June 2014 and of (course) my VISA expired and I had to go back to Spain so I did. The situation did not improve (their) due to me not (having) any friends, when I mean no friends I mean no friends. This was (derivate) from a problem that I had on 2012-2013 at my school where stuff happened. So what did I do (through) the whole summer? Stay in my room (playing) MCSG of (course). But what was really going on is that I was fat af, ugly, 0 (self-esteem), no friends and not really a reason/desire to go outside. And I think this is the situation in which one realises he has nothing to live for really and falls into a depression. Of (course) I kept eating and eating because that was the only thing that made me feel better.

Around August 2014 my mom decided to take part on this and take me to a (phycologist) which was really well played by her and I will thank (her for the rest) of my life. After the first session the doctor decided to take away pretty much everything: My computer, my phone, tablet, tv..everything, so I was forced to go outside and do stuff.

Eventually school started and I met some old guys and established some of the old relationships so everything was going (kind of) forward. As I went to attend more and more these sessions my attitude was (improving) and so did everything. Also something that really motivated me is that there was this girl that I liked but I did not have the (self-esteem) to talk to her so what I decided is to get in shape, work out, (lose) weight and all of that. So I started running because it is a good way to do it. And around (January) 2015 I was randomly talking to a guy in class and the running topic came on so we decided to set up a group to go out and stuff and that honestly changed my life. I met my best friends there, we were literally squad and as I am (writing) this I (can’t) help but smile. During the period from January 2015-June2015 I worked out as hard as I could and never (quit)(,) so the results (kind of ) showed off. I lost 3 sizes of jeans which means around 12 kg ish and I was able to run 1 track in 35 minutes when at the time I started running it my time was 1:15h. (Unfortunately) the girl (didn’t) work out but oh well (couldn’t) careless.

Thanks to this I was able to focus more on my studies and able to get a (scholarship) to go to College in the UK so (I’m) pretty proud about that.

The whole point of this thread is to tell everybody out there who is depressed that there is a way out and that it starts getting off the internet and doing stuff outside. This way you will meet people and eventually have things to do with them, share moments laugh and (such that) helps hell of a lot. REMEMBER YOU HAVE TO MAKE AN EFFORT. I know internet is an exit from your life, it gives you an excuse for the situation you are living, but you (can’t) be living like that. The key thing for me in life is to always love yourself (and) be happy with yourself. If you (don’t) like something just change it. If I did it so can you. The point of this thread is not to show off myself but just tell you guys my point of view on this whole situation. Hope it helped, feel free to PM me if you need anything.

And you're trying to tell us you're going to college?

Just kidding. Good luck with your future.
It was 3 am ;_,-, but Thanks man, right now is going straight c:
Good job man. I've also had problems with depression, seing a phsycologist next week, hopefully that can help the situation out. Like everyone says it will get better later, but sometimes its hard when you're going through it. but ye good luck in life man <3
It always gets better but you cant wait for it to get better you have to do it yourself, you want something? Go for it. You want it? Then do it. Once you pass this psycle you will find life a lot more enjoyable. Good luck brother <3
Work ethic, that's what changes things. Not pity. Some people are unfortunately dealt a bad hand, and almost all of us run into struggles, while we can ask people to help us through some of it, a lot of it lies in our own hands to stand up and work through our adversities to better ourselves

that sounded fancy
Deep stuff Ceroria, Deep stuff. But still right c:

Last edited:

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
Very inspiring thread, about 2 1/2 years ago, my mum was diagnosed with breast cancer. It was pretty severe and I was the first person she told, it hurt me a lot at times and at times I would cry at the thought of the unknown future. It was a pretty hard time for me. Two years on and I am fine and so is my mum. I admire you sir. :)

Zable

Diamond
Reaction score
Very inspiring thread, about 2 1/2 years ago, my mum was diagnosed with breast cancer. It was pretty severe and I was the first person she told, it hurt me a lot at times and at times I would cry at the thought of the unknown future. It was a pretty hard time for me. Two years on and I am fine and so is my mum. I admire you sir. :)
Same to you, you pulled through and life got better c; I admire you too, cancer is something really serious, my grandma went trough 2 but she passed away during the 3rd :c.

OhFancy

District 13
Reaction score
Same to you, you pulled through and life got better c; I admire you too, cancer is something really serious, my grandma went trough 2 but she passed away during the 3rd :c.
That really sucks man, I am always here if you need someone to talk to. c:

Zable

Diamond
Reaction score
That really sucks man, I am always here if you need someone to talk to. c:
Much thanks c:, It was kind of 2 years ago, now I dont feel sad but it gives me strength to do things, always try to look at the positive side of things c: There is no excuse to not to!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci