• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Des's Fun Guide of Not Getting Murdered

Will you use these tips in the games?

• Total voters

Desdomena

Experienced
Reaction score
Okay these are just tips I've picked up from other players or just playing on my own. No guarantee they will work. This is mostly for non teamers, though some tips are applicable to both.

*Disclaimer*
*Des is not responsible for any death or dismemberment you may experience during the games by following these rules.*

General Rules:
1. Do not make enemies in lobby, if you cheese off someone and they are constantly trying to murder you it will impact your ability to get chest and prepare. On the other hand if you're nice to everyone they have more of a chance that they'll let you go and you can murder them later ^_^
2. Have more than one chest route, preferably memorize as many chests as you can. If a person with a weapon runs in the direction of your route and you have a snowball's chance in hell of killing them then you need a backup route.
3. Don't leave anything useful in chests, nothing, at all, it could save your life. Dump stuff in lava or in the ocean where it's unlikely anyone will find it.
4. Know your traps, take some time to get to know all the traps on the map, it can save your life.
5. Do not stop in the middle of a waterfight to type insults at the other player, it only makes us want to kill you more(Bit of a personal peeve there).
6. Get good at water fighting, a lot of the maps have large bodies of water and it's easier to kill a team in water in my opinion, because you can separate them.
7. If you are alone against a team do not keep switching targets. Destroy one then either run to heal or take out the other. It's much easier to run away from one person than two.
8. Do not brag in chat, it paints a big fat bullseye on your back, instead try to seem nubbish or unsure then attack like a ninja with your skills.
9. Try to always keep your health and hunger bar full, never know when someone will attack, and always try to grab mushrooms you pass, a bowl can be a lifesaver if you stock up on shrooms ahead of time.
10. GET CORN. Yes I know you can win without it but it will give you a huge advantage, but be cautious as well scope the surrounding area out first.
11. Be paranoid, every sound could be another tribute every crunch of grass an enemy. Empty corn quickly but take a moment between each chest to look up and scope the scene. Use your other view perspectives to your advantage. So get a good case of paranoia and it could save your life.

Map Specific Tips:
Vareide's Maps:
Map 1
1.Unless you get a sword at corn, do not go to boat, it is a bloodbath waiting to happen. The boat is not worth it anymore really either, there are other tier two chests at less well known locations.
2. Keep an eye on the time, you want to get back to corn before nightfall, and if you're out on the islands at 30 minutes you'll never reach it.
3. Know crafting locations, going to corn to craft a weapon is often another form of suicide.
4. Get a dog if you have bones, never throw bones away. A dog can save your life distracting your opponent and giving you the upper hand.
5. Approach corn from the tree, keep an eye out for ambushes from the trees around corn, and if you're lucky enough to get everything, book it out of there and to boat or whatever your route is keep others from getting good gear.
6. When running the water is your friend, especially if you have a boat, but more on boats in a minute.
7. If corn is out of the question get the boat, if you have nothing to fight whoever is camping corn at refill boat is usually your best bet. Or if you know other tier 2s camp by those.
Map 2
1. Don't use the up and over tactic at corn, the outside chests are just as good and you won't get trapped.
2. Get out of corn ASAP and go to your route. take the road less traveled and avoid pink house. There are enough tier 2s for everyone.
3. Craft a good sword, as soon as you can, know crafting locations.
4. If you are on one of the servers with mobs, do not go in dark buildings without a weapon.
5. Never relax on this map even if you get corn, it's possible to get full iron and a diamond sword while never going near corn. A good strategy is to camp on top after destroying the leaves. Get some vines if you have shears and destroy the vines on the side so know one can ambush you, though you should go get as many tier twos after refill first, before camping or hunting. Every diamond you get is one your enemy doesn't have.
6. Leave the person trapped in pink house, they can hit you coming up the ladder much easier than you can hit them. I prefer to let them stew down there and come by to comment every so often, it's great fun.
7. If you don't get corn don't despair there are enough tier 2s around if you know where they are to get good armor and a diamond sword or greater.
Map 3
1. Have a good but fast chest route, getting back to corn to craft an iron or diamond sword first can be the difference between life and death.
2. Again the water allows for a good way to escape, use it.
3. Watch your fall damage, with the upped damage this map can kill you easily.
4. If there is a large group at corn, climb to the top of the mountain and craft there, as it is the only other crafting table, though going up there means missing out on refill, and probably most of the chests below.
5. If you are on a mob server, the corn is death after nightfall, don't go there, it's a very very bad place. *Update* It's not as bad but still be careful fighting mobs leaves you open.
6. If you have time stock some exp for enchanting, certain enchantments can be the difference between life and death.
Map 4
1. Get out of corn fast, it's easy to become trapped down there if someone gets a sword and starts murdering everyone.
2. Know your route and traps along it, there are many traps on 4 so constantly be on the watch.
3. Scope out corn from the upper levels, it's easier to get down quickly then up quickly, always try for the higher lookout point.
4. Do not avoid trap areas just be smart around them they have good chests but be wary.
5. Running away is sometimes the best idea on this map use the fences to your advantage to shake off pursuers.
6. Remember the sewers are good to hide in but there is more than 1 way in.
7. Get arrows you can fire them at those in corn, though have an escape route handy.
8. Know where the buttons for the gravel trap are there are two of them check them first.
9. If you are being chased and have flint and steel head for the gravel trap and get on the other side. Then feel free to frustrate them until they give up chasing you in a circle or try to get over the gravel and you activate it. Or if you have no chance of winning you can lure them in and sacrifice yourself activating it while you are both standing on it.

Desdomena

Experienced
Reaction score
Community Maps:
Breeze Island
1. Know your chest locations, everything besides corn is tier 1 go for quantity on this map.
2. If you get a boat keep it, it will be your best friend on this map.
3. Know the water tactics, I won't go into specifics but ask around.
4. Once you get a stone sword start focusing on taking others out, getting the tier 2 items from the corn that others grabbed is a good strategy.
5. Do not get drawn out to the edge of the map before nightfall, you need enough time to grab corn,it is nearly essential on this map.
6. Use the water to decimate teams if you have as good as or better stuff as their strongest member. You can take them out one at a time easily this way. However watch out for arrows, though I find most people who team tend to focus more on fishing the strongest member at you. If you have a fishing rod even better use it to keep them off you while you heal.

Overgrown
1. Know corn coordinates, you have to know where corn is, I have not managed to locate any other crafting tables. *Edit* Found one but it's far out of the way and not many people will know where.
2. If you get a sword at start kill as many people as you can and collect their gear. I spent an entire game picking off the people who came to corn to craft and won. Since the strongest they'll be coming in with is a stone sword you can take them if you have better armor.
3. If you do not get a sword, have a good route and as soon as you have something to craft get to corn(if it's a weapon) then you can pick off those who came to craft afterwards.
4. If someone is there, either go for the sneak attack or wait till refill then ambush them. It is very hard to win on this map if you can't craft.

Kharmunrah
From my limited Experience
1. Know the traps, they will save your life or end it, I've killed and been killed by several traps.
2. If a gate keeps closing when you open it, someone is standing behind you and closing it to mess with you before they kill you. *Personal Experience*
3. Don't trust any sand it is all deadly in some way.
4. Hugging cacti is not recommended.
5. Do not jump on the stairs, it will damage and possibly kill you.
6. Learn the secrets, follow other players as a spec or ask around, personally I learned from one of the creators.

Water Tactics
1. Get under the opposing player, you hit them they can't hit you this is a big one.
2. When running do not look at them and swim backward, this slows you down and will get you killed.
3. If you have a fishing pole don't spam it only use it when the opponent gets close.
4. If you can drop a useless item and when they go to retrieve it if they think it's valuable book it out of there.

*I have little knowledge of the other maps*

As you can see most of my tips are simply common sense, but as I needed to kill an hour I figured I would let you pick my brain.

And Now the special fun section, boat lovers read on...
Special Section:
Boat Trolling for Map 1 and Breeze Island.
1. If you get a boat on either 1 or Breeze Island, and a strong team or player is chasing you get in the water. A lot of times this will discourage them,but if they are one of those that keeps chasing you, you can have a bit of fun. Keep swimming until you almost reach the wall then take out you boat. If you need to get them to back off a bit a fishing pole should be handy. Now hold out the boat and look at them as you set it into the water and zoom back to the middle leaving them out by the glass. Maybe type a nice, "I'm on a boat" as you zoom away.
2. Another favorite of mine is if I get something valuable, armor/diamond at corn and a boat I feel like I can't pass up a trolling opportunity. Get near the shore(Caution: You will most likely never win the game with this method it's just funny), now either hold out the good item or wear the armor and wait for a strong player to come by. Now most likely they will attack you for the item, at this point you get into the water and zoom off on your boat leaving them in the dust. *Evil Laughter is optional*

ryry636

Experienced
Reaction score
Ah, boat trolling, America's past time.

Desdomena

Experienced
Reaction score
Only played it like twice if I ever play it I'll add some nice tips

Vaangel

District 13
Reaction score
Epic tips! But why can't I hug the cacti :(