• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Different (better i think) Sponsoring system

Is this a good idea?

• Yes, this is a good idea.

Votes: 7 30.4%
  • No, this is a bad idea.

Votes: 6 26.1%
  • I don't care.

Votes: 2 8.7%
  • Good, but needs some work.

Votes: 8 34.8%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Okay sorry, I didn't read it all the way through before posting, but really, that system is too complicated and confusing.
All plugins and things are confusing. I don't find this that confusing, it's just you get the prize of sponsorship for winning.

carlotta4th

Spectator
Reaction score
I find two problems with this:

1) On some servers the winner very rarely dies (due to being so good at the game and all). So if they won the first round and got the apples next time they become a spectator... who's to say when they will actually be a spectator next?

2) Allowing only one individual to choose who to sponsor will bias the server to helping their friends. I don't think that's a good thing, as teams already have great advantages over solo players.

I would prefer a more randomized version of this. Every round, perhaps first person to become spectator gets some items to distribute out, as well as [nth] tribute to join after that.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I find two problems with this:

1) On some servers the winner very rarely dies (due to being so good at the game and all). So if they won the first round and got the apples next time they become a spectator... who's to say when they will actually be a spectator next?

2) Allowing only one individual to choose who to sponsor will bias the server to helping their friends. I don't think that's a good thing, as teams already have great advantages over solo players.

I would prefer a more randomized version of this. Every round, perhaps first person to become spectator gets some items to distribute out, as well as [nth] tribute to join after that.
The point is that they are good, so they deserve to help other people become good. I win quite often, and I become a spectator quite often. I rarely find someone who wins EVERY game.

One individual chooses who THEY sponsor, not who EVERYONE sponsors.

If the first spectator got it, it would probably someone who doesn't have the right idea of who to give it to. I know lots of people who win don't either, but I think it's just more fair like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci