• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Different Ways To End A Map.

TotallyIsSimo

Diamond
Reaction score
Hailo! >:3

As you may have noticed, when a map is finished, there is a glass dome to finish off the map. (Well, most of them, I have seen one where there is just the void. Forgot what it is called. xD)

First of all, I found this on Tomahawk's channel, when they were discussing this with Devon, I am interested in this simply because me & my Friend are creating a map at the moment.

Some of their suggestions, is to maybe have lightning in the same use as in Death-Match, when you go too far out, you get struck. Maybe we couldn't have the lightning as strong, because some people might not know about this at the start.

Maybe just mountains over the glass dome, as glass dome does sorta look ugly. Yet this may not suit the map.

I know they couldn't fix this for the maps that are already on the Server's, but maybe map creators should consider this. (I am xD)

Please leave your opinions, please no Flame Wars though. c:

-Simo

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
hey :3 on our maps we try to vary it, such as on moonbase 9 there is no glass dome, we ended the edge with a sheer crater wall so people couldnt get out, usually instead of a dome we just do a glass wall straight up as personally I think its less of an eyesore than a dome, in a perfect world I would love to not have to have a dome but its just guaranteeing that people dont get out to where they arent supposed to

TotallyIsSimo

Diamond
Reaction score
hey :3 on our maps we try to vary it, such as on moonbase 9 there is no glass dome, we ended the edge with a sheer crater wall so people couldnt get out, usually instead of a dome we just do a glass wall straight up as personally I think its less of an eyesore than a dome, in a perfect world I would love to not have to have a dome but its just guaranteeing that people dont get out to where they arent supposed to
Yes, it is not easy to avoid it. c:

Anway, great job with Moonbase9.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci