• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Dis-connectors Fix

I'll make this simple "Yes" to the idea or "No" and/or needs balance or change...

• Yes

Votes: 5 55.6%
  • No / Needs reworking or chance

Votes: 4 44.4%

• Total voters

BlazeFort

Survivor
Reaction score
Have you ever been in that situation where you are running up to kill someone. They see you from far away and just leave the game to keep their points?
Or Have you ever disconnected from a server when you thought you had a chance to win?
Or maybe you are one of those guys who gets stuck at spawn or disconnects at spawn.
Well here is my fix: What if you added an NPC that stayed for 20-30 seconds after someone lost connection with the servers. For instance I think I lost connection with the server, but it says I'm still in the game. (this actually happens to me a lot). So I have 3 choices. Stay and wait for someone to kill me. Stay and hope i get connection back. Or I can leave and hope i didn't lose points. In each case I end up losing points. This annoys me. However, if I were to disconnect and rejoin in a 20-30 second time span then I'd be fine. As a matter of fact I would be fine if I could d/c then reconnect, but it doesn't work because I become a spectator.
So here is the actual thing being added:
  • NPC's that take a tribute's place after they disconnect from the server.
  • This NPC stays for a short amount of time. If the NPC is killed during that time it counts the player as dead. If the person joins another MCSG server it counts the player as dead. If the time limit is reached it counts the player as dead. If the player does return then they are allowed to continue playing that game.
  • The NPC should take the player's place and should avoid starting DM.
  • Each player can use it 1 time per game(or other increment of time). If feels necessary then maybe 2 times.
  • There should be a notification stating that there is an NPC.
Please give me your thoughts on this idea. Maybe even add onto it I really want a way to quickly disconnect and reconnect to a server so that I don't have to lose points. And I'm sure most people want the people who disconnect to avoid death gone as well.

Nolam

Experienced
Reaction score
NPC's are veeeery thread-costy and can cause a severe performance loss.

That being said, the idea is noble. What would have to be monitored is whether or not the disconnect was voluntary which could be tricky.

-Nol

Hystericallify

District 13
Reaction score
Killing zombies grants you 10 points (hey, at least you got some points). But this should be removed when Mobs are turned on and it should instead be Zombie Pigmen by then.

teovald

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
i think you should shorten the combat time, now i loose points when i die from fall damage, to a guy who i killed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci