• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Discrimination in the community.

LilBub

Platinum
Reaction score
Hello guys!

It has been a while since I've made a thread addressing some serious topics in the community so I thought now would be a good time to make a new one.

This thread is going to be addressing Discrimination in the community.
For a long time these things have been an issue and I felt as though I needed to break the ice on this topic and open it up to you guys so you are aware.
I will also state any facts in this thread are purely based off my Australian knowledge so they may be untrue for other countries!

Now before I start I want to say please do not leave nasty comments on this thread, I'm not here to cause any flame or
issues this is purely an awareness thread. Any derogatory/rude comments will be removed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Our society is developing and continuously improving. That is what we hear all the time from TV screens and front pages of the newspapers. Undoubtedly, there are problems, but we are becoming more socially oriented and culturally diverse. There is less discrimination and more understanding. And we are on the way to our ideal future. It all sounds very enthusiastic, but the truth is that discrimination will never be eliminated.

Discrimination is as old as human society itself and even though there are laws against discrimination, it doesn't stop it from happening in our community and our schools and work places.
As someone who has been in this community for around 3 years now I have witnessed and experienced a lot of stereotyping and discrimination.
This day and age discrimination is no longer just racial, sexual, or religious, people can discriminate against your choice of music, clothes, lifestyle and political views.. Discrimination is the most natural way to direct aggression and negativity, a lot of people in society feel the need to attack someone who is different because in this case they feel fewer more scruples about being negative.

Although this is a natural thing it is a huge negative in today's society, discrimination is one of the top reasons for depression and anxiety in teens and young people.
As a community we are expected to support one another and help each other, we are a culturally diverse network that aims to provide fun and entertaining game modes that meet everyone's standards.
We do not stand for discrimination at all in this community and although this thread can not change everyone's thought processes I hope it makes an impact on even 1 person.
Treat people the way you expect to be treated.
The choice is yours to either fight against this issue or conform, but I will say conformity is not tolerated when it comes to bullying.

You may see it as a harmless joke or fun with your friends, but for the person being bullied it can ruin their lives.
Take a moment to think about how it feels to be in the bullied persons shoes.
Think before you act.

I want everyone to take a look at this video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=3&v=MvTyI41PvTk

It's time to take a stand
Stop. Think. Respect.

Narq

Survivor
Reaction score
LilBub In my opinion, you have done so much for this community and I thank you for it. You always post these thread's about staying positive, and keeping your head up and I appreciate that. Much love to you :)

jtmboy

Diamond
Reaction score
I full respect for you, after seeing the realistic threads you make to open the eyes of the community it makes me inspired to do more just like you. c:

FjRI || Catty

Career
Reaction score
I agree with this but you haven't given specific examples as to how it affects the mcgamer community? Another thing is that I feel that talk is cheap and nobody will listen to this.
However, it's important to feel safe and acknowledge that everyone has rights, and by minimising discrimination- this should be achieved.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
There are so many simple things that can be done on a personal level to decrease things like extreme disrespect. It's in things like our pop-culture. Celebrities and artists- especially rappers, say so many disrespectful and truly disgusting things that people begin to think that stuff like this is okay, and here we have an increase of racist, sexist, and derogatory terms.

LilBub

Platinum
Reaction score
I agree with this but you haven't given specific examples as to how it affects the mcgamer community? Another thing is that I feel that talk is cheap and nobody will listen to this.
However, it's important to feel safe and acknowledge that everyone has rights, and by minimising discrimination- this should be achieved.
Giving specific examples of it happening in the community would open this thread up for flame and I'm not about that. It's not about me showing you where it's happening in the community rather than me giving you an awareness that it does happen and that we can all take a moment to think before we speak/act. I'm not going to be giving specific examples because we all know it happens whether I give them or not.

FjRI || Catty

Career
Reaction score
Giving specific examples of it happening in the community would open this thread up for flame and I'm not about that. It's not about me showing you where it's happening in the community rather than me giving you an awareness that it does happen and that we can all take a moment to think before we speak/act. I'm not going to be giving specific examples because we all know it happens whether I give them or not.
Fair enough :) personally I've distanced myself from people in the community that I dislike and it has helped me cope better. I definitely respect the moderators like you who care about the community :)

NagolGames

ᴍᴏᴅᴇʀᴀᴛᴏʀ / ʀᴇɢɪꜱᴛᴇʀᴇᴅ ɴᴜʀꜱᴇ
Reaction score
Good luck with that. -.-
Sure, some people in the MCGamer community may be toxic and some of those people may so happen to be your friends. If you see them being so-called "salty" or going at something in an abusive nature, go the extra mile and stop them from doing it. Even though it may not show all that many results all that quickly, one or two every so often is better than none. :]

You picking up what I am putting down? :p

FjRI || Catty

Career
Reaction score
I think it's important to recognise the fact that everyone in mcgamer community (mods, admins even, etc) have probably in some way done something rude or offensive that has upset someone.
Honestly, I would generalise and say that toxicity is in all of us. In trying to make it better, hopefully it will improve but some people never change as you have implied here bowzer.
Good luck with that. -.-
Unfortunately, this may be a longstanding issue, but I can see an improvement possible. If we are all apart of this community, we are all responsible in some way.

Edit:
Sure, some people in the MCGamer community may be toxic and some of those people may so happen to be your friends. If you see them being so-called "salty" or going at something in an abusive nature, go the extra mile and stop them from doing it. Even though it may not show all that many results all that quickly, one or two every so often is better than none. :]

You picking up what I am putting down? :p
So many people in au have said things like "karma" when they kill someone and I have zero tolerance for this. I will leave games when I see one of my friends say it- it's so toxic and disrespectful.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci