• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Discuss: Dutch Girl Arrested for Tweeting Terrorism Joke

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score
I think it's a good lesson for people as there are a lot of people think they can get away with is kinda of stuff with their invisible internet shield. People will threaten to kill you or take you offline and they act all tough and mighty, until there caught which believe me, majority do. Then you hear them crying in court saying they didn't mean it and I wasn't thinking but after that I don't know all the charges but I know that after they've been caught d'dosing, they can no longer have a job involved with computers. Tough price to pay eh?

I think you should think before you act and now this is a hard lesson for her, but she didn't think. Her fault.

KorStonesword

Diamond
Reaction score
A similar event happened with a boy in Texas.
http://dailycaller.com/2013/06/27/t...-joke-during-video-game-is-jailed-for-months/
Personally I think it's downright idiotic. Yes I know that people should be respectful and that they shouldn't say stupid things, but who here hasn't said something stupid in a private conversation with a friend? I really feel like you're punishing them wrongly.

I bear the same stance of banning people for 'admitting' to hacks, if you saw my post. Though I take this differently.

I think that rather than being arrested, they should get a simple warning and a temporary/permanent ban from the social media network they were using. Add it to the Terms of Service when you sign up. ('I agree not to refer to or talk about committing serious terrorist offenses, even in a joking matter.')

The main reason I feel this deserves a punishment and the 'admitting to hacks' does not is because what they are saying they did/will do is actually a very rude, immature, and possible hurtful comment. I'm never against diffusing a situation with humor, but it should be done in a real life setting. It's like saying to a friend "I so am gonna rob the chocolate store lol!" (<-non-Feminine Hygene Product) versus "I'm going to kill children and piss on their graves, lol!" (<- total-Feminine Hygene Product)

I think it's a good lesson for people as there are a lot of people think they can get away with is kinda of stuff with their invisible internet shield. People will threaten to kill you or take you offline and they act all tough and mighty, until there caught which believe me, majority do. Then you hear them crying in court saying they didn't mean it and I wasn't thinking but after that I don't know all the charges but I know that after they've been caught d'dosing, they can no longer have a job involved with computers. Tough price to pay eh?

I think you should think before you act and now this is a hard lesson for her, but she didn't think. Her fault.
There's a difference, D'DoSing results in a loss of income, and technically could be called theft. While I don't agree it shouldn't go unpunished, do you really think months in jail is fair for saying something distasteful? If people went to jail for every stupid/offensive thing they've said, there wouldn't be a free man in the world.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci