• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Discussion About Permanent IP Bans

Status
Not open for further replies.

TempestPlays

Tribute
Reaction score
This is a complain about the dramatic difference between the teamspeak bans and the in game bans.
If you avoid a ban in game your IP gets permanently banned which is quite pathetic and a bit over the top. Whilst on teamspeak the ban length or avoiding a ban is only set at 5 days. This is very infuriating and I'm sure many other members feel my rage. I do not believe that the ban on the minecraft server is right. I understand that an IP ban will be issued but permanently, really? It is not necessary what so ever. If the length could be reduced down to 1-6 months it would be much more convenient. If this does happen, I'm sure more of the community will come back and make it more enjoyable. It's really difficult to dispute bans also considering no real evidence is supported by the moderators. Also, the moderators are very strict and not any fun. If you could all loosen up a bit I'm sure the community would be a much better place.

J

Jojo

If you got banned permanently - for hacking for example, that means you are not allowed to play on the servers anymore. Of course your Alt account will get banned too, if you use it to bypass that punishment - naturally permanently as well.
In addition to that: Ban Disputes are taken very seriously and the punishment will be looked into. However if the evidence is sufficient your ban will be upheld. Also if you hacked you do not get a second chance since February, I believe. As im on my phone rn I cannot get you the link but there's a thread by an Admin in the announcements where they gave the reasons for that. Basically all hackers did not stop hacking after their first offense ban.

Last edited by a moderator:

TempestPlays

Tribute
Reaction score
If you got banned permanently - for hacking for example, that means you are not allowed to play on the servers anymore. Of course your Alt account will get banned too, if you use it to bypass that punishment - naturally permanently as well.
Yea but for example; a player has been banned for abuse or what not for a period of time but, they love the server so much that they go on their alt and a mod finds out and their IP gets banned permanently.

KellieBreanne

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
If you break the rules, you will be banned. If you break the rules enough times it will result in a permanent ban. Simple as that.
Also, ban times aren't meant to be "convenient" they are meant to punish.

Lebron12

Quantum
Reaction score
IP bans are never issued, as it has caused conflict in the past. However if they match an IP to a banned alt. f they have evidence that person owns it then the get banned for that. Also if ban lengths were shortened, it would just result in more rule breaking.

Nephilim

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Alrighty

First of all, MCGamer does not issue IP bans, besides on the Teamspeak server. If you are found breaking the rules in-game, your account will be banned, but not your IP. This is for the simple reason that the person who broke the rules might have siblings playing on the network, and it would be unfair to issue an IP ban and punish them as well for the actions of their brother or sister.

On the Teamspeak server however, we do issue an IP ban as well, besides banning the client. The main reason for this is because it is a default TS setting we cannot do much about. As such, it is unfortunate that their siblings would not be able to connect anymore, but that is something beyond our powers.

Secondly, the duration of the ban does not depend on which platform you were banned from. You can perfectly be banned permanently from the Teamspeak, and only 5 days in-game for example. It honestly all depends on which specific rule you broke.

When we're talking about ban evading, there are some limitations yes depending on the platform. All in-game punishments are tracked all the time, and if we found someone evading a ban, we can easily look up their previous punishment and ban the alternate account accordingly. If you are not aware yet of our Bypassing a Ban Policy, it goes like this: Account A was banned for first offense Abuse, which is a 3 day ban. If that person immediately starts to bypass that ban and uses another account to go on the servers again, Account B will be banned for the next offense from the moment we find out that person is bypassing. So account B will now be banned for 5 days. In addition, the current ban on Account A will be pardoned, and the account will be re-banned for the same offense, so also 5 days. If they would bypass both of these bans with yet another account, all 3 of them will be permanently banned, as this is the 3rd offense for Abuse.

However, Teamspeak has its limitations. While we can look up current bans on Teamspeak on the Ban list, it does not keep track of any previous bans, that were either pardoned or that have expired already. Because of that, we do not know which specific offense they broke in the past, and they will be banned for the amount of time that the staff member deems sufficient for that certain situation.

As it is physically impossible for someone to connect to the Teamspeak with the same IP, after their first client was banned using that IP, we cannot search by that IP to see if someone would be bypassing. They would either be using a VPN or have reset their router and in case of the latter their IP as well. Because of that, moderators can't possibly know for how long the first client has been banned, and as a precaution, they ban the second client for the highest ban they can file on the TS, which is 5 days, unless they know for how long the user was banned previously. So your first client might have been banned for 3 days, it is very well possible that your second client may be banned for 5 days. You should not be bypassing that ban in the first place and if you get yourself in bigger trouble while doing so, and getting banned for even longer, than that is fully your responsibility.

Lastly, permanent teamspeak bans are very rare as those can only be filed by an administrator or developer. From the moment we need to get one of them involved, the situation is pretty major already and there will be a very good reason to remove that certain rule breaker permanently from the Teamspeak.

As this basically explains the whole issue you brought up,

Thread Locked

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci