• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

DM Arena

Darlo2k4

Career
Reaction score
Personally, i think the Deathmatch arena should be brought back, but without the laginess. It was a good idea that should be brought back into the mix.

Thoughts?

Qualia

Diamond
Reaction score
...I got like 10 fps on that infused with lag spikes that took me down to 1 fps...no?

Darlo2k4

Career
Reaction score
Thats why i think it should be improved. The problem was 1. The lava, and 2. The falling sand. Change it so that there is no lava, and the sand doesn't fall, it just disappears. That should solve the problem. And maybe, create a 10 or 20 second pause, to allow any chunks to render for players with bad ping

cadbane4321

District 13
Reaction score
I thought the old dm arena was AWESOME. I was very sad when they took it away. I would suggest instead of lava there should be the void and instead of falling sand there could only be the stone bricks that disappear. Another reason why I liked the old one is because spectators couldn't block arrows .

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Many threads have been raised on the subject and I believe the result was: There was almost unanimous support for the idea, but the lag was caused by something harder to fix the just falling sand and lava. Teleporting to the DM arena in the first world was what lagged the game, as it required the server to run a multi world, and handle all the updated rules in that region. If that cold be fixed or streamlined somehow, I would be in great support of this.

cadbane4321

District 13
Reaction score
Many threads have been raised on the subject and I believe the result was: There was almost unanimous support for the idea, but the lag was caused by something harder to fix the just falling sand and lava. Teleporting to the DM arena in the first world was what lagged the game, as it required the server to run a multi world, and handle all the updated rules in that region. If that cold be fixed or streamlined somehow, I would be in great support of this.
Can't they copy and paste a dm arena into every map? For instance, the dm arena could be in the same world as the main arena, but a few thousand blocks away. This might get rid of lag as the server would not have to change the world. It sounds kind of dumb but it'll still work.

static_nightmare

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Can't they copy and paste a dm arena into every map? For instance, the dm arena could be in the same world as the main arena, but a few thousand blocks away. This might get rid of lag as the server would not have to change the world. It sounds kind of dumb but it'll still work.
Maybe, as an extension of the maps, we could build deathmatch arenas for every map themed in the appropriate style of the map. They would still have to be very simple and have the same concepts (blocks dissappearing) and be as lag free as possible, but it would add to the games a lot. Like, a stoney-grass one for sg1, jungle-y for sg3 etc.

Grcinder

Spectator
Reaction score
you are right i saw it ones when i was on the server for the first time it was awesome and i had no fps problems
It was removed because there was a plugin bug in 1.3 but the never returned arena and it was great because some times deathmatches can be long

toby22

District 13
Reaction score
It should be where e sand would disappear but instead of lava people would fall to there death.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci