• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Do it your way

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score
Well hello there, it's been a while.

Behind every player, there is a person. A person that has their own unique story of their time since their first game and how they got from there, to who they are today. Take your best friend you've made from MCSG and think of his story and realise how different or maybe even similar their story is to yours, and let that sink in. Now think of a popular player, maybe even a fellow forumer, and compare their story and how you would have done it differently. Would it have been for the better?

My story is quite interesting and to be perfectly I've been all over the place. I've had a few regrets here and there, but when I look back I was happy with all my decisions, the risks I took, the opportunities. I've realised that I've become more successful on a minecraft server then I could ever imagine, way more successful than I could even be in real life. On the internet most of the time I am quite outgoing but in real life that is something completely different. I was incredibly shy, afraid to take opportunities and lacked confidence and persistence to do the things I loved. Because of that I was never really truly happy with my life, I had too many regrets.

But then there's this place here, the MCGamer network my personality completely contradicts the personality that I thought was my own in real life. When it came to the internet I was more comfortable to be myself than even in-front of my best friends. I finally had the confidence to do stuff I wanted to do, to take opportunities, and it made me happy, beyond belief. That's why this place was so hard to leave back when I quit back in 2014. No matter how hard I tried I'd find myself playing on the servers or browsing the forums, again and again. The place changed me, for the better, and it's only until now I've realised how much it has changed me for the better.

On the 1st February 2016, I went to a funeral. At the start of the service they played a song called "My Way" by Frank Sinatra, and the song spoke to me. Suddenly I began comparing my story on the internet to my story in the real world, and realised how different they were. I finally got an epiphany that the answer to all my problems is bringing what I learnt from spending non-stop time on a minecraft server to real life. The person before MCSG wasn't me, the changes after MCSG is truly me, because in real life I didn't really do things my way. I kinda just got pushed around and listened to others walking by the side of life, giving up opportunities and not taking risks, I didn't do it my way, but what I did on MCGamer, I did it my way.

So now back to my earlier post, now that you've compared your story to others, compare it to your real life story. No matter what you do on this server, whether you're a staff member, pro player, a person that loves to throw shade around the forums, a person patiently waiting to get unbanned, MCGamer has effected your life in some shape or form, because realistically, those you are still in school, uni, college etc, the closest thing you get to the real world is believe it or not, this server.

You can berate me all you want, I don't care, but if there is one thing that I want people to take out of this is this. Take anything positive that you've gained from MCSG, whether it be a quality in character or maybe even a lesson, use it in real life, You won't regret it. Make sure you do what you do here in MCGamer you would do in real life. Do it, your way.

Gule

District 13
Reaction score
≤Behind every player, there is a player.> -Cameron2k16
Nice brush i really liked that sentence.

Reactions:

Jimmer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Uh well, gg I guess? Sorry dude I'm just kind of confused as to what you meant by this thread. Can you clarify please?

AppleCiider

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
The only problem u made was ranking yourself 5 in AU and not mentioning all the gods in Fade.

O, and muting me for no reason.

Still, no hard feelings.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci