• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Do players treat you a certain way based on the sound of your voice?

Are you a squeaker?

• Total voters

CrappySalami

Platinum
Reaction score
To answer the question, yes. You can and will get treated a certain way due to your voice, especially if it's a higher-pitched voice.
I really wish it would change, though. I've been used to it most of my life.

Deceqsed

Survivor
Reaction score
Don't let those people put you down. That is my advice to give to you my friend!
;-)
P.S: You are actually not that squeaker for a 14 I guess. Haha, I don't really know.

Have a nice day man!

Mooclan

Forum God
Reaction score
12 years old
chillin on mcsg
went on skype
heard "geez dude how old are you???"
said "12..."
"WTF YOU SOUND 17 BRO"

and that was how i started to pick up chicks with my voice.
seriously.
girls on the mcgamer teamspeak have.. uh... gotten off... on my voice. just as i was talking. seriously.

so yeah, people do treat you differently based on your voice if its either good or bad - if its average, tho, then people don't really notice it and it wont make a difference

i have a lotta stories about this, in case you can't tell.

CrappySalami

Platinum
Reaction score
12 years old
chillin on mcsg
went on skype
said "12..."
"WTF YOU SOUND 17 BRO"

seriously.
girls on the mcgamer teamspeak have.. uh... gotten off... on my voice. just as i was talking. seriously.

so yeah, people do treat you differently based on your voice if its either good or bad - if its average, tho, then people don't really notice it and it wont make a difference

lol I bet you have.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think younger YouTubers get a lot of dislikes because people believe they are too young to be making videos, and they wouldn't necessarily be as conscious about what personal information they revealed, or about the quality of the video itself.

Sliabh

Career
Reaction score
That's exactly how my voice was like when I was 14 LOL
good old youtube days
what you could do is to just ignore those people who criticize you for your voice
or you can tell them to bunnies off
they both work
o no stealth

Preston417

Career
Reaction score
If they're going to judge you based on their voice, then they are not worthy of playing with you. Discrimination is one of the worst things to exist in the world; why try and get involved with people who are purposely discriminating you based on such a small thing, such as a voice?

CrappySalami

Platinum
Reaction score
I think younger YouTubers get a lot of dislikes because people believe they are too young to be making videos, and they wouldn't necessarily be as conscious about what personal information they revealed, or about the quality of the video itself.
True. But you can't really be too young to make videos (exceptions being 1-4-year-olds) But when you're not that young to make videos, but you just sound like you're like really young, it gets hard to take them seriously. So I do understand what you're saying. I also personally think my videos have some good quality to them, but hey, that's my opinion. If you don't believe me check out my vids ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Verelle

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm a girl. I either get that I sound like I'm a 5 year old boy or a 16 year old girl. I also get called a little girl quite often. I'm 14. All in all I tend to be taken less seriously on here because I'm a girl.

Yobs

Platinum
Reaction score
12 years old
chillin on mcsg
went on skype
said "12..."
"WTF YOU SOUND 17 BRO"

seriously.

Same here lmao. 14 but I sound 17 ish.

Anyway, I don't see a point in judging people by their voice. We were all squeakers at one point, and eventually you'll grow out of it.

Last edited:

Redwash11

Platinum
Reaction score
I'm think refusing to take someone seriously because their voice is a few ticks higher than yours is just some people's control issues. (Subtle megalomania?)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci