• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Do players treat you a certain way based on the sound of your voice?

Are you a squeaker?

• Total voters

Giggums

District 13
Reaction score
why hide it?
Like I said, I was made fun of for it a lot. While that doesn't happen anymore and I'd probably be unbothered if it did, I don't like it too much myself. It's fine on others, but I'd rather not have it. I used to have an issues pronouncing my R's as well and a thick country accent added onto it a bit. I didn't realize until after I hid it, though.

Evile

Survivor
Reaction score
Yo my voice was high when I was 11-13. Now if anyone says my voice is high I don't care cause it's not. Like don't sweat the small -snip- ignore them or not play with those ppl

Last edited by a moderator:

CrappySalami

Platinum
Reaction score
Like I said, I was made fun of for it a lot. While that doesn't happen anymore and I'd probably be unbothered if it did, I don't like it too much myself. It's fine on others, but I'd rather not have it. I used to have an issues pronouncing my R's as well and a thick country accent added onto it a bit. I didn't realize until after I hid it, though.
That's really sad. I know a few people with speech impediment and they get made fun of a lot. Best thing to do it to ignore those idiots. I learned that from this thread.

Giggums

District 13
Reaction score
That's really sad. I know a few people with speech impediment and they get made fun of a lot. Best thing to do it to ignore those idiots. I learned that from this thread.
That's very sweet of you. Don't worry, though! I'm completely all past that now :)

LittleKisses

Quantum
Reaction score
So one day I was on the MCSG teamspeak and I was looking to find some people to play some SG with, and I overheard other people asking to play some SG. So I asked some older guys, about 15-17 years old, and they told me, "Sorry we're busy" and other stuff like that and other people asked to team and they accepted, which pissed me off. I also realised that the other kids asking were younger than me. That's when I realised.

I'm 14 years old and I get mistaken for a 9-year-old (I get treated like one too.) I'm 4 foot 7 and sound like a squeaker. (This is what I sound like.
)

But find any other 13-year-old that does MCSG and their voices sound like Morgan Freeman compared to me. Also, when you watch a video with an 8-year-old kid commentating, people always (and I mean ALWAYS) dislike the video more than likes. Why do people judge other people based on their voices? I've been used to this for a long time and I've had it. I just hate it. If anybody has had any experience with something like this, let me know. I wanna know I'm not alone.
Your voice sounds completely adorable! people shouldn't be so quick to judge on something so minor, it's all about personality and maturity preferences, you sound like a great guy so it's their loss not yours. I've talked to some 15-18 yr olds that act 9 around a girl, I'd rather talk to a mature 14 yr old no matter what their voice sounds like, any day.
Credit to you too for posting this as I'm sure many people are going through the same thing as you, I bet this thread makes so many people feel better about themselves c:

CrappySalami

Platinum
Reaction score
Your voice sounds completely adorable! people shouldn't be so quick to judge on something so minor, it's all about personality and maturity preferences, you sound like a great guy so it's their loss not yours. I've talked to some 15-18 yr olds that act 9 around a girl, I'd rather talk to a mature 14 yr old no matter what their voice sounds like, any day.
Credit to you too for posting this as I'm sure many people are going through the same thing as you, I bet this thread makes so many people feel better about themselves c:
Thank you so much for that!

Sebbbb

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey! I totally understand where you are coming from. I still hate my voice but I don't think it is as bad as before. Anyways, yes I know it's hard but you shouldn't be discouraged from doing something you like because a few people are rude. Keep doing what you love and don't care what anyone thinks.

Cheers,

Seb

CrappySalami

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey! I totally understand where you are coming from. I still hate my voice but I don't think it is as bad as before. Anyways, yes I know it's hard but you shouldn't be discouraged from doing something you like because a few people are rude. Keep doing what you love and don't care what anyone thinks.

Cheers,

Seb
Thank you!

NeverDiePvP

Experienced
Reaction score
Imma be brutally honest. When I was younger I had a higher pitched voice and I was really annoying. Like looking back on past videos I can see how annoying my voice was, not to mention my attitude. I don't discriminate against people with younger voices, but at the same time I will always choose someone who is more mature and has a deeper voice than anyone who doesn't.

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
Okay, here's a master plan for anyone with an unrepresentative voice even though there should be no such thing but apparently vocal cords decide whether you're mature or not.

To do this, you need to prove that you are someone intelligent and intelligible. Start talking to them something other than the game, or heck, talk to them about how your own voice shouldn't decide how mature you are. Have some civil and productive discussion on a topic they choose.

Braden

District 13
Reaction score
To answer the question, yes. You can and will get treated a certain way due to your voice, especially if it's a higher-pitched voice.

CrappySalami

Platinum
Reaction score
Imma be brutally honest. When I was younger I had a higher pitched voice and I was really annoying. Like looking back on past videos I can see how annoying my voice was, not to mention my attitude. I don't discriminate against people with younger voices, but at the same time I will always choose someone who is more mature and has a deeper voice than anyone who doesn't.
I totally understand what you mean. People would rather listen to a more mature voice than some random squeaker. It makes sense. But some people I guess automatically mute the non-adult voices. That's where the haters come from.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci