• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Do you like map 2? (poll)

Do you like it? (multiple choice)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

nate252

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
What do you guys think of the new map? map 2

Here are my thoughts so far:

-I have heard more people complaining about lag on it...

-It is much harder to find people. Unlike in the first map there have many places to hide vertically.
This means you not only have to search horizontally but virtically.

-It is a maze! Some areas have building that look identical and its super thick inside the buildings and in some forests. Which makes it frustrating to navigate and easy to get lost.

-Chests? I have seen a few obvious chests, but for the most part.. where the #@$% are they? lol. First off I couldnt even find a chest at spawn, it was annoying to have to break the leaves and all the people who knew exactly where they are could break the leaves and get them right away. And then because of the maze/clausterphobic nature of most of the map it seems extra difficult to find chests.
First time I have ever died of hunger...

So overall I do not like it. At all actually. I think it looks amazing. Great job with building and detail. But for 24 players it is no fun. Maybe they cleared up some areas/made it a tad less claustrophobic, and edited it for a 48 player map, it would be good. More people means more killing even in a maze map like this.

Your thoughts?

edit: after playing on it a bit more it is just a little better. 1 the spawn chests are actually easy to find, just didnt know where to look lol. But I still stand by that this is a well made map, but not food for hung... I mean survival games

Ecoteam

Tribute
Reaction score
I agree, I don't like it at all. It looks really good but playing on it awful.

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Like Ddogclaw said, it's a beauty at the eye, but it's a living pain in the butt to find the final people. The buildings are freaking huge, they literally touch the sky, and you can expect just about every game to hit the time limit. I honestly prefer the original map and think that this creation is nice, but just falls out.

AverageLoz

Tribute
Reaction score
I haven't had chance to play SG on it but I've just downloaded it to look around and it looked very confusing in terms of navigation and it lagged quite a bit, but like I said I haven't played it properly yet!

The Arena Master

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I haven't had chance to play SG on it but I've just downloaded it to look around and it looked very confusing in terms of navigation and it lagged quite a bit, but like I said I haven't played it properly yet!
Same. Mine has lagged quite a bit, and too be honest it's just too big.

aDRC35

Spectator
Reaction score
I agree, it looks AMAZING but it just lost that Survival (Hunger) Games feel. Its also way too complicated.

Brilliantos

Survivor
Reaction score
I do love the old map this one will take some getting used to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci