• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Do you like map 2? (poll)

Do you like it? (multiple choice)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

majorhewitt

Spectator
Reaction score
It is a stunning map, no one can question that, but it's far far too big, in every direction. My computer just can't handle it and the lag is the worst i've ever had, even with everything off or to minimal using optifine. I had no problems on the old map. I think it should they should be put on different servers, at least until they can implement some of the suggestion people have given. That way people who can handle the new map can play it without lagging opponents, and the others can enjoy the old map. But no question, beautifully crafted world.

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
the map was designed for 48 players, not 24 (hence the size) and us21.mcsg.in and us22.mcsg.in have the 48 player version running atm

unenergizer

Tribute
Reaction score
I like the new map for the 48 player slot size, but I don't really like it that much on the 24 player games. Thats my opinion.

However, just rating the map alone, on a quality level, its a 10! Looks like a lot of effort went into it and I think thats pretty cool.

B

bigmike4life

I personally really love the look its awesome but, i cant even connect.

B

bigmike4life

The lagg is a straight up killer. Honestly, it not that the sever doesn't have enough ram, but that most computers can't handle it.
The buildings are quite amazing, and to think one person set this up is unreal, but they didnt have to make it so incredibly confusing, and complicated.
I walked into a building, and there was so much stuff in it that i got lost. I like the map, but a little less insane would be appreciated ;)
Great work map creator though
LOL

OMGjustin

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Round 1: Died of hunger with a set of iron/chain armor on the second night.

Round 2: Just barely survived hunger until the chests refilled, sprinted to spawn with my iron sword and wiped out 2 iron/diamond scavengers while they weren't paying attention. 3 players left in the world and I'm sitting on the crafting table like this...

B

bigmike4life

Round 1: Died of hunger with a set of iron/chain armor on the second night.

Round 2: Just barely survived hunger until the chests refilled, sprinted to spawn with my iron sword and wiped out 2 iron/diamond scavengers while they weren't paying attention. 3 players left in the world and I'm sitting on the crafting table like this...
Hahahaha I know i was the same way, i won 2 games in a row with 2 diamond swords and all iron armor with some to spare...

Aeonic

Survivor
Reaction score
I've played about 10 games on the new map and these are my thoughts:

Lag isn't an issue if you change your render distance

People say there are more places to hide, but I've noticed that games tend to last about just as long as the games on map 1, this is because people simply don't climb up the really tall buildings as there is no point.

Chests aren't a huge problem, but they seem to be dispersed a bit unevenly. Like there are way to many chests in the red roof housing area.

Overall I acutally like this map about the same as the first ones. I just hope they add puzzles and minecarts to the sewer system.

B

bigmike4life

Yes i agree but i put a forum up recently about what you get in spawn chests. I won 2 games in a row with full iron armor and 2 diamond swords....

Wholesomeflame

Spectator
Reaction score
No lag for me. Thunderhawk11 and I know where quite a few chests are. I just won like three games in a row? There's lots of easy traps. There's two very large holes at the gates around the spawn park. I've easily tricked people into them and made someone rage quit.

Really lots of obvious chests. Check the houses, check every building.

T. Hawk and I have also found two puzzles, one in the capital building, and one in a house.

NinjaKai

Spectator
Reaction score
It's definitely different, and quite difficult to get used to, but I'm sure that with time I and everyone else will get used to it.

Benefits really come out in the buildings, we now have to think in three dimensions now, people could be anywhere, and I've always been a fan of urban warfare.

So I support the map and the developments of good strategy.

Evolta

Diamond
Reaction score
The map has awesome design and is nice and all.. but i'm pretty disappointed to say that the old map is more fun.. To be crude, the new map sucks and i really really hate it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci