• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Does anybody else think enderpearls should be found in chests?

waddledude

Spectator
Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone agrees with this, but i think enderpearls should be rare, maybe tier three, chest find. they would be useful, and you can get them from sponsors, so why not rare in chests? maybe rare tier 2 or tier 3.

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
This has been suggested before, but sadly it won't happen because ender pearls would ruin fights and would make the game even less realistic.

DarthAwesome01

Spectator
Reaction score
I think that they should, only because its in the sponsor menu. If its removed from the sponsor menu, then I dont think it should be in chests. Everything in the sponsor menu should be available in chests.

waddledude

Spectator
Reaction score
well if someone gets sponsored it it still does that, but thanks for the feedback if you dont want it!

Jon | Lqzer

Platinum
Reaction score
well if someone gets sponsored it it still does that, but thanks for the feedback if you dont want it!
With the sponsor menu, only 1 pearl is available to everyone. It wouldn't be the same if everyone had one.

SliceofBread123

Experienced
Reaction score
No, it would be really annoying if you were chasing a rival, or a guy with really good gear, and he looked into a chest, found an enderpearl and threw it up onto a high ledge or something. I don't personally like it in the sponsor menu, forget in chests.

EvermoreHD

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
No. Enderpearls will make getting to Tier 2's too easy, reach unaccessable places, and overall make PvP annoying and not fun.

Math_Magician

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Honestly, ender pearls aren't even very useful (Unless you are in the water). When you are low and you throw it, you will most likely die. I usually only use an ender pearl when I'm stuck in a hole.

Bredinabox

Experienced
Reaction score
No, i don't think they should be added because, it makes the games a bit unfair and it would make them a bit boring as well (and it's unrealistic if people are just teleporting everywhere). For example, if you are chasing someone for 5 minutes, and suddenly they Ender Pearl far away, they will be very hard to keep up with :p. Therefore I don't think they should be added. :)

waddledude

Spectator
Reaction score
No, i don't think they should be added because, it makes the games a bit unfair and it would make them a bit boring as well (and it's unrealistic if people are just teleporting everywhere). For example, if you are chasing someone for 5 minutes, and suddenly they Ender Pearl far away, they will be very hard to keep up with :p. Therefore I don't think they should be added. :)
i see what you're saying, but you could have an enderpearl to chase them with, and it could be rare in chests so people arent
teleporting everywhere

Sarchikani

Platinum
Reaction score
Well let me start by giving my answer, no. If you want my explanation keep reading.

The first problem with this is the fact that it would encourage running. If someone is down to 3 hearts, they can easily throw it, take the fall damage and continue running. Also, the distance they gain would allow the person to eat food or a golden apple and basically make it so the fight never happened. Imagine you fighting someone and you use up your flint and steel, your arrows, and maybe golden apples, and the guy just teleports away. And it would be even worse on maps like Breeze Island, where throwing it would basically make you impossible to catch without fishing rod boosts, or a boat. It is bad enough having people run on Breeze, but if they added Enderpearls, the matches could very well go the full 30 minutes. Although I do admit it would be funny to see someone enderpearl and get stuck at the bottom of the ocean and drown. And it would also be funny on Demons Breeze. Apart from that, it encourages running and boring matches that would take a long time.

I touched upon this subject in the previous paragraph, but the PvP would be ruined if the pearls were added. It could potentially add a new element but could be abused by players, such as using them to teleport around and cause problems in fights. Also the thing I hate the most is killing someone only to have some random guy come in and kill me while I was weak. Now imagine that but with some guy who is far away teleporting in to kill you while you are healing.

The worst part would be using them to hide and stall matches. The things I can think of are using it on Solar Frost to get on the Dragon in spawn and wait out Deathmatch to potentially win. Also, you can easily find a non accessible spot on the map and tele up to it and shift to get to Deathmatch. Maybe even use it to leave a map. This would cause so many problems that it would require many changes to almost every map.

And last but not least, this would be extremely unfair. If someone were to get a pearl in spawn at the start, they could simply use it to get a giant head start towards the best chest route. Making this a rare item would mean that anyone who gets it would be overpowered, but making it a common item would cause every problem I mentioned. If anything, it should remain a sponsor item since not many people would be willing to sponsor it. It is very rare, but that is what makes it special. Everytime I get a pearl, I use it well, I don't want to see everyone using it as if it is nothing.

I understand what you are saying and you do present an interesting idea, but I feel it should not happen since the risks outweigh the benefits.

-sarchikani

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci