• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Donor Kicking

Is this better?

• Yes, this would be much better!

Votes: 4 26.7%
  • No, it's fine how it is.

Votes: 10 66.7%
  • The donor's should kick any random person.

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
You might think that this post is for making donors unable to kick. However, it's not. That's a fair rule for donating. Really, it's about who they kick.

I think that donors shouldn't kick the most recent person to have joined, because it's unfair that they get kicked before they even get to play normally. It should kick the person that joined earliest, before all of the other people online instead (unless they are a tribute, then it comes to the earliest spectator to have joined).
It's better than what we have now, because the earliest person to have joined has probably played a couple games on the server. The earliest person to have joined probably hasn't played yet, so they deserve a chance to do it.

RULE DOES NOT APPLY WHEN THERE ARE EXTRA SPACES ON SERVER (ofcourse)

Firedog150

Career
Reaction score
I am not agreeing nor disagreeing with the content, but what about when a server just restarts?

You are like the seventh person to join and then you get kicked by a donor because you joined earlier than other people?

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I am aware that that's a problem, but I just think it's worse when you always just joined and then get kicked so a donor could play. Just today, my friend got kicked 3 times for a donor, another friend got kicked 3 times, another friend got kicked once and I got kicked twice too. All right after we joined the server. (We're having a MC party btw :p)

Writr

Tribute
Reaction score
No matter what, people are going to be unhappy when a donor boots them off a server. The system they have isn't horrible, and if they change they'll just get a big ball of hate thrown at them again. They should just leave it as-is.

NeatNit

Tribute
Reaction score
Yeah, FIFO (First In First Out) isn't gonna work here. It makes most sense to kick the spectator who joined last. The only other fair choice is at random. But the logic is that the spectator who joined last has been waiting the least amount of time, and therefore has wasted the least amount of time if he does get kicked.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
No matter what, people are going to be unhappy when a donor boots them off a server. The system they have isn't horrible, and if they change they'll just get a big ball of hate thrown at them again. They should just leave it as-is.
People are already unhappy when people boot them off servers. This way it activates other peoples ideas of people not being allowed to play too many games, because they will probably get kicked off before they manage to play 2-3 games. That just seems fairer. Today I was trying to join US27 and I managed to get, then I got kicked by a donor. Then I made it back on then got kicked by another donor! By the time I made it back, the game was already a couple minutes started (when i tried to get on it was in lobby).

Yeah, FIFO (First In First Out) isn't gonna work here. It makes most sense to kick the spectator who joined last. The only other fair choice is at random. But the logic is that the spectator who joined last has been waiting the least amount of time, and therefore has wasted the least amount of time if he does get kicked.
How is it in any way fair to kick the spectator that joined last? That would mean that the person gets on, after a couple minutes of searching for servers, just to get kicked again. Then they restart the whole process. If it's the person that joined first then they have been playing for a while and deserve to go look for another server maybe. I would prefer it even kicked someone completely random rather then LIFO (Last In First Out I guess...).

BottleGnomes

Tribute
Reaction score
I think it should be the person ranked least, or random (which is the easiest solution)

NeatNit

Tribute
Reaction score
How is it in any way fair to kick the spectator that joined last? That would mean that the person gets on, after a couple minutes of searching for servers, just to get kicked again. Then they restart the whole process. If it's the person that joined first then they have been playing for a while and deserve to go look for another server maybe. I would prefer it even kicked someone completely random rather then LIFO (Last In First Out I guess...).
I already explained in the post you quoted why it made sense. Since you have no interest in acknowledging other people's opinions I have no interest in restating mine. It just makes most sense to kick the last spec who joined.

Or random, which is the only thing we can agree on. Then again, think how pissed you'd be if you were kicked randomly...

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I already explained in the post you quoted why it made sense. Since you have no interest in acknowledging other people's opinions I have no interest in restating mine. It just makes most sense to kick the last spec who joined.

Or random, which is the only thing we can agree on. Then again, think how pissed you'd be if you were kicked randomly...
I disagree with your explanation, but I agree it makes sense.
And if I was kicked randomly, I would be still slightly less pissed then I would if I just joined then I'm kicked.

Writr

Tribute
Reaction score
I disagree with your explanation, but I agree it makes sense.
And if I was kicked randomly, I would be still slightly less pissed then I would if I just joined then I'm kicked.
No, you'd be more pissed, more like. Imagine you had just recently died, was watching the game and it was near the end of the round. Some bloke who just joined manages to stay in, but you who've been waiting patiently get booted because it randomly chose you?

Again, no matter what people are going to be mad, even if you just leave it. But leaving it as-is is still the best option for them, so it's staying that way.

RansomHD

Survivor
Reaction score
My suggestion would be to pick the most recent person who joined combined with the person who has the lowest rank, so if 2 people join within the same minute, the one with the lower rank gets kicked.

before the hate on this, think about it. The low rank guy will most likely die early or hide for the whole game and die anyway,not trying to be mean but it happens way too much.

in the choosing I also think the people who die and become spectators should not be kickable at all, because they may want to watch the game, and only people who join and spectate while a game is in progress or in the lobby should be eligible.

the rank thing also means that the games will be more competitive and wont be easy wins for high ranking guys who always team...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci