• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Down With Jitter Clicking? Minecraft Snapshot 15w34a

Status
Not open for further replies.

FeanityMinecraft

Platinum
Reaction score
Well I was always busy with the command blocks anyway, so it's an awesome update!

It's bad

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Guys.
It's a snapshot.

This sort of stuff makes me miss the days when snapshots weren't a thing - much less complaining about things that might not even make it into the final release.

Electrix

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Guys.
It's a snapshot.

This sort of stuff makes me miss the days when snapshots weren't a thing - much less complaining about things that might not even make it into the final release.
One day it's a test, the next it's official...
We just need to speak out against this before 1.9 PvP becomes better for Mineplex than for us.

I wrote a post on Reddit about how PvP needs options so that old players can mold it into 1.6 or 1.7 while servers that prefer 1.9's take on it can offer something new. I hope it helps, because the future is currently pretty bleak.

wronsiski

Career
Reaction score
I think it's quite cool, adds a new dynamic to PvP, need to knock someone backwards off a building? Spam click away. Want to go for a hit and run tactic? Go ahead.

Glade_OS

Experienced
Reaction score
And now, I wait for the uproar of people wanting a way to disable this feature :D

Girls

Platinum
Reaction score
It'll at least add something new to PvP that people have to master and learn to work around / work with to get better.

And if it turns out to be the worst thing ever, who's to say mcsg cant stay on 1.7 / 1.8?

mikag35

Gold
Reaction score
There's a lot of hate on this thread. But people don't realize that this update will actually make the game better. The re-charging thing and the shields being added both add more skill into the game. When 1.9 comes out, it won't be so based on your internet speed and spam-clicking to get lucky combos. Instead people will have to figure out strategies to time their hits correctly all while implementing old strategies (such as using the fishing rod) along with the new ones. I think that while people who were good in 1.7/1.8 because PvP didn't take as much skill as it did in the past will dislike this update because obviously it will be a bit harder for them to adapt to. But while I don't think I completely suck at PvP yet, I still am really excited for this update to see if this game finally starts actually getting fun again.

Lis

Career
Reaction score
ya, remember when 1.7 was the fall of PVP? ;^)

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
I don't know if I'd like it myself but I do know what I'll like. Watching all of you come here to complain.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci