• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Guide Downgrading tutorial

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
Hello,

since loads of people are finding it hard to downgrade, here is a tutorial for PC, Mac and Linux/Ubuntu.

PC Tutorial:
  1. Download the 1.4.5 minecraft.jar, link: http://assets.minecraft.net/1_4_5/minecraft.jar
  2. If you are on Chrome, accept the download and wait until its finished. If you are using any other browser, accept it and wait.
  3. Once downloaded, go into your Downloads folder: C:\Users\Ben\Downloads replace Ben with your PC user name and find the minecraft.jar. Once found, right-click on it and click "copy", the reason you should copy and not cut, is so that you have a backup of 1.4.5 in case you mess up the first one.
  4. Now type in the bar at the top: %appdata% and hit Enter. Then go in .minecraft and then in bin.
  5. Now you are in .minecraft/bin there is already a minecraft.jar in there, so you can either delete it, or move it elsewhere, if you do move it, don't forget to rename it minecraft-1.4.6! Once moved/deleted, right click anywhere in .minecraft/bin and click paste. minecraft.jar should now be in .minecraft/bin.
  6. Open up minecraft and log in.
  7. ?????
  8. Enjoy once again MCSG.
Mac and Linux Tutorial:
  1. Download: http://assets.minecraft.net/1_4_5/minecraft.jar
  2. Accept and wait.
  3. Find where it downloaded it and copy the .jar.
  4. Open your minecraft and log in. Once logged in and you see the main menu, press Texture Packs and then Open Texture Pack Folder. This will open a new window in .minecraft/texturepacks. Close minecraft and leave the folder open.
  5. Go into .minecraft/bin and follow steps 5-8.
If you want a video tutorial, I will gladly do one.
I will update this thread every time a new update comes out :)
- MiCr2

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
By the time people read this, Chad would've finished updating xD

hwracer

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
You mean Bukkit....
No..
He upgraded US1 to 1.4.6, and got the plugin to work. Him and subversion were fixing the plugin and NCP, so everything should be happy when SG5 comes out :p

MiCr2

District 13
Reaction score
No..
He upgraded US1 to 1.4.6, and got the plugin to work. Him and subversion were fixing the plugin and NCP, so everything should be happy when SG5 comes out :p
I wasn't aware of it, until after I had posted this thread. But anyways, it'll be useful for when 1.5 comes out and other updates to come.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci