• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Drop 1.6? Who Agrees?

ProPlays

Tribute
Reaction score
Kind of stupid even though optifine is out. Optifine is not the only mod. I use shaders, and do not care for using "BSM" So I use 1.6.4 and even when I did switch I still double tapped. If it it "Necessary" for a map then yeah do it but not for no reason at all.

superfastskater

Survivor
Reaction score
Kind of stupid even though optifine is out. Optifine is not the only mod. I use shaders, and do not care for using "BSM" So I use 1.6.4 and even when I did switch I still double tapped. If it it "Necessary" for a map then yeah do it but not for no reason at all.
The reason that they will not switch to 1.7 is because a chunk of people still use 1.6. MCSG is a wonderful server, who obviously cares about ALL players.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
Once 1.7.2 OptiFine is to a stable, non-beta stage, we'll be dropping 1.6 support soon after so we can focus on the future of our servers, as is with our original plans. Unfortunately, considering a statistic taken a while ago showed that only 3.2% of players still use 1.6 (and that will be even lower once OptiFine 1.7.2 is stable), we cannot continue supporting an outdated version of the game, as we will not be able to move forward.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Optifine didn't help a lot, as of right now. Optifine is still not complete, yet, the developers released a preview of it.

superfastskater

Survivor
Reaction score
Once 1.7.2 OptiFine is to a stable, non-beta stage, we'll be dropping 1.6 support soon after so we can focus on the future of our servers, as is with our original plans. Unfortunately, considering a statistic taken a while ago showed that only 3.2% of players still use 1.6 (and that will be even lower once OptiFine 1.7.2 is stable), we cannot continue supporting an outdated version of the game, as we will not be able to move forward.
hm, so what you're saying is that a certain amount of time is left before you drop 1.6?

ProHighJacker

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Even the Optifine preview is laggy for some users. I'm personally staying down because I need Optifine 1.6. So if we drop it, I will cry.

ejegun

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
A mod that only staff can use that makes moderating chat easier.
There are easy programs that do the same thing and you can map anything to basically any key.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
The OptiFine preview is just what the name implies - a preview. Quoting the author:
Preview OptiFine HD A6 Ultra for Minecraft 1.7.2 (some things may not work, connected textures have a glitch, crashes are possible, seems to work with Forge #982)
Once the full, non-preview release of OptiFine is out, we're dropping 1.6 support shortly after, as we need to move forward. It's been nearly 70 days since 1.7 came out, and we aren't able to utilize a lot of its features (new blocks in maps, 1.7-only servers such as Survival on the hub, 1.7 NCP, etc.) without dropping 1.6 support.

Even if we weren't to drop 1.6, we aren't doing a triple protocol patch when 1.8 comes out for 1.6/1.7/1.8, as 1.6 would be overstaying its stay at that point...

K

KingTrevor_

The only glitch I see [Rarely] is a slight block glitch. Some blocks will disappear for about five seconds every once and a while.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci