• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Duyts' Multi-Biome Map Updates

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duyts

Tribute
Reaction score
So this is where I'll post pics and updates on my map I'm making. As before, feel free to post all the criticisms, praises, and ideas you may have. I want them all!

First things first, HERE is a link to my original thread where I introduced the seed I'm using to make it and the ideas that originally came to me.

NOTES:
  • This is a 24 player map.
  • I have actually yet to set up the boundaries of the arena, but I plan for it to have a diameter of 500 blocks or so. It may be expanded if there is some good terrain just outside of/near the boundaries that I want to build on.
  • If I say something is a "rough build," it means that I plan on coming back to the project later, and that whatever is there is more of a frame for a build or a sort of bookmark so I'll remember where I want to build something.
UPDATE 4/30/12 @ 2:49 AM

So I can't sleep, so i decided to get some actual work done on the map. Here's a few things that I built/started to build in the mountain biome...

Rough build of a ruined, mountaintop home that was inspired by my favorite location on the original Survival Games map with some prizes in the basement. You can't tell from the angle of the picture, but this house overlooks spawn from a ways away (it comes up on the very edge of your render distance on normal):

Mountains are home to so many caves, I couldn't very well just fill them all in. Several of them have chests hidden in them. Others, however, have not-so-friendly surprises waiting for you:

So I found a place that naturally had a bit of a crater-looking shape to it. So, with the help of some world edit commands, I made it into a real asteroid crater. Not sure if I'm keeping it, though...:

Again, please post ALL comments. I want your feedback! Notes, comments, ideas, criticisms, etc. I assure you that I can take negative notes, but please at least try to be gentle with your criticisms?

Duyts

Tribute
Reaction score
I realy am beginning to like the look of the map, can i help?
Thanks for the offer, but, as of now, I plan on working on it alone with the occasional hand from my brother, who's rather good with redstone. If/when I decide to release it for testing, though, I'll be sure to let you know

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci