• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Enchantments ruined Minecraft?

Zimzam97

Tribute
Reaction score
I like enchanting, but I think potions aren't really that necessary and i hope Minecraft doesn't become to complicated e.g magic would NOT suit Minecraft what so ever I don't think.

BHLxLiam

Survivor
Reaction score
i really like the ideas but it is becoming more easyier for the player

PanuterNut

Experienced
Reaction score
I personally like all the new changes that are being added. But again I think they should be focusing on making the API as best as they can make it

Nistune

Tribute
Reaction score
I love the enchantments of tools, but not when it comes to pvp. I feel its impossible to win on a pvp server if the person your fighting has a mob grinder. This is especially true for the prison server I used to play on. Free people used to be on even grounds with the people in the prison, but now they can all have protection V and fire aspect swords, where its just impossible to kill them.

I dont think it has made PVP more fun, if you have a fire aspect and sharpness sword and the other player doesnt your going to win, end of. There is no skill involved anymore. Whereas here on the hg servers, if your put up against someone who has the same armour as you and the same weapon its who does best that wins, even people with the iron armour and diamond swords can be beat if you have someone who is good at pvp - And crying omg I was lagging is just being a sore loser im afraid ;P

I have always been a more creative player, so im always glad when they add more different blocks in, I havent really disliked much else. Im just not a fan of the pvp benifits that enchantments bring.

Demanter

Career
Reaction score
Yea its partly Jeb, and partly the new Bukkit team. I can tell that they got all excited about actually being able to change Minecraft, and started adding features they always wanted. They need to focus on the Mod API, nothing is more important. I don't care about cocoa bean plants that look like zits growing on the Jungle Trees.
Bukkit is good.
I have lost count of how many glitches/bugs they have fixed up.
They deserve no hate.

The whole enchanting thing is bull---- (PG).
They need to add skill to pvp, not just a "SEE WHO CAN SPAM LEFT-CLICK BUTTON THE FASTEST CONTEST".

plonize

Survivor
Reaction score
I enjoy axe/shovel/pick enchantments that allow you to break blocks faster and more effectively, but I do dislike some of the weapon enchantments that give players a massive advantage over those without them.

Thankfully enchanting should be getting a nerf in the next update, or at least the one after that. Recently Jeb was asking for feedback on the enchanting system on Reddit. Some of the ideas included lowering the maximum enchantment for power/sharpness/protection down to 3 or 2. Personally I think this would defiantly help out on PvP servers, although I can't see it making much of a difference on MCSG.

Heaven Net

Spectator
Reaction score
full power diamond sword ruins PVP, while Enchanting tries to balance that.
i really like the update, and i'am an alpha buyer.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci