• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Staff Equalitee's Summer Holiday, Five Month Anniversary, Nineteenth Birthday, College and Surprises

Equalitee

Platinum
Reaction score
Hello everyone! <3

So it has been ages since I have posted something in the Community Corner. Today, however, I grace you all with probably one of the longest, public threads I have ever written.

As some of you may know already, I went to VidCon 2014 last summer. It was an amazing experience. I met some of my online friends, I met some cool YouTubers, I met many strangers and through my time there, I even found the courage to come out to the rest of my friends and family, but most importantly, the world.

On my first day back from California, I knew I wanted to go again. So for the next year, I planned, and planned, and planned for another adventurous summer. I bought my VidCon 2015 ticket, I reserved my hotel, I bought my transportation ticket to the Pearson International Airport here in Toronto, Canada, I bought my plane ticket and I saved, and saved, and saved for all of the little things I wanted to buy while I would be in California.

On July 13th, I packed everything I would need while I would be in California.

On July 14th, I woke up at 5:00 AM. I woke my mother up. I picked out what I would want to wear. I showered. I brushed my teeth. I did my hair. I did my makeup. My mother then drove me into the city were I would be waiting for my transportation to the Pearson International Airport. My transportation picked me up and we then went on a 4 hour drive to the airport. Once arrived, I had to wait approximately 2 hours for my flight to arrive. Once I arrived at the John Wayne Airport in Orange County, California, my uncle David was there waiting to pick me up.

From July 14th to July 21st, I spent time with my uncle David, my aunt Beverly, my cousins Ryan and Shannon, and Shannon's husband, David. We saw the Diamond Valley Lake and the Diamond Valley Lake Museum. We went shopping in Ontario, California. We went to Universal Studios Hollywood. We went go kart racing. Hell, we even planned my aunt and uncle's end-of-life services. We had boat loads of fun, to say the least.

Here are a couple of stories I would love to share with all of you:

Story 1:
So we were on our way to my cousin's house, Shannon and her husband David's house, and my uncle David went to pull a right-hand turn. Well, my aunt Beverly forgot to put on her seatbelt, and my uncle David saw her falling to the left side of the car in his rearview mirror screaming, "WHOAAA!", and laughing her face off. Once my uncle David and I noticed, we laughed, and laughed, and laughed.

If some of you do not know, my aunt Beverly has memory issues. I say memory because they have not yet diagnosed her with anything specific as her symptoms are all over the place, but anyways...Having her on a day where she is in a good mood or with some sort of lucidity, this being one of them, is pretty rare. That being said, this is one of my most memorable moments with the two of them.

Story 2:
While planning my aunt Beverly and uncle David's end-of-life services, they found out what it would cost them. My witty aunt then asks, "well, where do the people with no families and no money go?" They told her, "there is a separate section from the main cemetery for those who find themselves in that type of situation." My aunt then said, "well, why cannot we go there?" We all started laughing. Again, for the same reason I stated above. This, as well as the other one, will be one of my most memorable moments with not only my aunt and uncle, but the rest of the family as well.

The following week, from July 21st to July 28th, I spent time with my online friends and with strangers I have never met before. We had a group of at least 20 people. Possibly more. No, definitely more. We would wake up every morning, get ready and eat breakfast together. We would then roam around California talking to each other and meeting new people.

Story 3:
This one night, we were all sitting and taking, and this random girl just found her way in front of me. She was crying her face off. All I could do was help her. So I did. I asked her, "are you okay? Do you need anything? What happened?" She told me, "I have a younger sister that was going to VidCon and me being 10 years older than her, I decided to go to the bar and hangout with my friends. On my way home, however, I fell and broke my glasses. I cannot see. Would you happen to have a phone that I could use to call my mother?" Of course I did! Who would not bring a phone to a social event like this? So I asked her what the number was, I dialled it for her and gave her the phone. In the end, she asked me, "do you know where the Double Tree Hotel is?" I told her, "of course I do! I have a friend staying there! I could walk you over!"

So we walked her over to her hotel, but before I got in the elevator, I told her that we should wait until my friends caught up. I admit, it was a bit sketchy. She fell, but did not have any cuts or scrapes. Not that I could see anyways. Then my friends caught up and joined us in the elevator. While in the elevator, she was flailing her arms and I could then see the cuts and scrapes on her arms. I knew then she was telling the truth, but that is not what mattered. What mattered was getting this girl to her room, safe and sound. The elevator doors opened and we walked her to her room. She had friends there waiting for her and they were really happy to see her.

What got me the most that night was that on my walk back to my hotel, I received a text message from an unknown number. Well...It was the girl's mother. She asked me, "is she at the hotel? How is she? And I thank you very much for bringing her back to her room for me." I answered with, "Yes, we just brought her back and she is fine now. She is safely with her friends. No problem and thank you!"

Story 4:
On the first day of VidCon, I met some cool dudes that go by the name of Mr_Gears and Serverr. They introduced me to a boy they just met named Zach by the main fountain. Right then and there, I had my eyes on a beautiful guy. He was cute. Softly spoken. God, his smile was perfect. Everything just seemed right.

Throughout the week, we talked, and talked, and talked. Then came the night before VidCon Prom. I wanted to ask him, but I was scared. I have never really had anything with a guy before. At least not something like this. Something with substance. My friend, Dammitdeanne, was talking to him about it and he seemed excited about it too. I knew then that everything would be alright and that he was waiting for me to ask. So I did and he said yes! Phew! What a weight lifted off of my shoulders!

The night of VidCon Prom, we went together, but a lot of friends were with us too. It was not the experience I wanted, but I mean, VidCon only happens once a year and we should be celebrating with all of our friends. So we all danced, sang and had boat loads of fun together.

Then it was time for Zach to go back to his hotel as he had to leave the next morning. We all said our goodbyes and I decided that I would walk him to his hotel. Walking to his hotel, I wanted to kiss him, but we were so caught up into talking about the following year and crying, that it just did not happen then.

We got to his hotel and said our goodbyes. It seemed like the right moment, right? Just before he walked away? Kiss him? Yeah? Yeah?! YEAH?! But sadly, it did not happen. I chickened out. I have no idea why, but it is something that I regret to this day.

As you all know by now, in between all of that, from July 23rd to July 25th, there was VidCon! VidCon was so much fun! We attended the opening ceremony. I got to meet THE Gigi Gorgeous and a bunch of other strangers. We attended so many little events within VidCon itself. We even attended the Sexual Orientation panel. This was something I truly enjoyed last year, so I made it a mission to go to it again. And as you know already, we went to VidCon Prom! So without a doubt, we had so much fun and we created so many life-long memories.

On July 26th, it was then Disney Day! We went to California Adventure and had a blast with what friends we had left from our original group.

On July 27th, I had to leave as my flight was at 6:00 PM.

On July 28th, I finally, but sadly, got home at 7:00 PM.

Although VidCon was probably one of the biggest parts of my summer holidays this year, I celebrated many other things as well.

On August 22nd, I hit my fifth month as a Moderator here at MCGamer! Wow! I never thought this would have been something I would celebrate. I mean, it had always been a goal of mine to reach one year as a Member of Staff, but celebrating each and every month until I get there is an achievement itself.

On August 25th, it was my nineteenth birthday! Woot woot! As some of you may not know, nineteen is the legal age here where I live in Ontario, Canada, to drink alcohol! Yas! The day has come! Just kidding. I, for many personal reasons, refuse to drink alcohol other than at family celebrations or during holidays. So during my birthday, I decided to drink the good ol' water.

It was not only my birthday that day either. On that same day, at 12:31 PM, my sister brought her second baby boy, my second nephew, into this world at 6 pounds, 12 ounces, just over 3 kilograms for you Americans. :p His name, Acen. This is probably the best birthday gift I could have ever asked for, besides getting Ariana Grande's My Everything album last summer of course. But still! A baby nephew, on the same day as my birthday?! That is just rad!

As the month of August comes to a close, we finally reach the month of September.

On September 8th, I will finally be off to college to do my nursing program. College is something I have been waiting over a year for, and with it fastly approaching, I feel like my life is finally going to be productive. So that is good news!

During the month of September, I will also be recording my audition to apply for Big Brother Canada! As some of you may know already, I am a huge Big Brother fan. From the American Big Brother to the Canadian Big Brother, I love it all! And to actually, and hopefully, become a part of it, is a huge dream of mine. So be ready!

Also during the month of September, I will have more news on my, hopefully, future events and groups, MCGamer Movie Night and MCGamer Human Relationships and Support Group. I also have another event in my mind that will include build teams, but more on that will come later!

Anyways, I would like to thank you all for reading, but most importantly, for being part of one of my most memorable summers ever. I love each and every one of you, and if you ever need me, I am always a Direct Message away! Do not ever forget that! <3

With that being said, I ask you to share with me your summer stories as I would love to read them! :)

Thank you all so very much! <3

Regards,

Equalitee | Christopher.

Here are a couple photos I would love to share with all of you:

The giant minion bottle I got at the Universal Studios Hollywood.

The Universal Studios Hollywood sign.

The stolen Gigi Gorgeous sign from the LGBT panel at VidCon last year. This year, I got her to sign it. Thank you so much Gigi! You are such an inspiration! <3

The first picture JacksonReaction, Dammitdeanne and I took together. VidCon roommates for life! <3

The one stranger that I met that is not a complete stranger anymore. This girl, Tate, is probably one of my best and closest friends that I have met while I was in California. I love and adore her with all my heart. Our bond...It just seemed like we knew each other all of our lives. Love you, girl! <3

This is when I met THE Gigi Gorgeous. Love you, Gigi! <3 Ew, my face! ._.

The view from our hotel, the Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort.

This is when we said our goodbyes to Zach. You cannot see him, but I promise you, he is there. Love you, Zach! <3

This is a group photo containing the majority of our group. I love and miss you all! <3

Dzbs

Iron
Reaction score
It's great to see that you had such a wonderful time at Vidcon!

Kinda makes me super jealous that I didn't buy tickets for it tbh. xD

Jazza

Experienced
Reaction score
Aaaand then there's just me in a Teamspeak channel talking to online friends..

Glad you had fun though!

MultiBigTime

Experienced
Reaction score
Hello everyone! <3

So it has been ages since I have posted something in the Community Corner. Today, however, I grace you all with probably one of the longest, public threads I have ever written.

As some of you may know already, I went to VidCon 2014 last summer. It was an amazing experience. I met some of my online friends, I met some cool YouTubers, I met many strangers and through my time there, I even found the courage to come out to the rest of my friends and family, but most importantly, the world.

On my first day back from California, I knew I wanted to go again. So for the next year, I planned, and planned, and planned for another adventurous summer. I bought my VidCon 2015 ticket, I reserved my hotel, I bought my transportation ticket to the Pearson International Airport here in Toronto, Canada, I bought my plane ticket and I saved, and saved, and saved for all of the little things I wanted to buy while I would be in California.

On July 13th, I packed everything I would need while I would be in California.

On July 14th, I woke up at 5:00 AM. I woke my mother up. I picked out what I would want to wear. I showered. I brushed my teeth. I did my hair. I did my makeup. My mother then drove me into the city were I would be waiting for my transportation to the Pearson International Airport. My transportation picked me up and we then went on a 4 hour drive to the airport. Once arrived, I had to wait approximately 2 hours for my flight to arrive. Once I arrived at the John Wayne Airport in Orange County, California, my uncle David was there waiting to pick me up.

From July 14th to July 21st, I spent time with my uncle David, my aunt Beverly, my cousins Ryan and Shannon, and Shannon's husband, David. We saw the Diamond Valley Lake and the Diamond Valley Lake Museum. We went shopping in Ontario, California. We went to Universal Studios Hollywood. We went go kart racing. Hell, we even planned my aunt and uncle's end-of-life services. We had boat loads of fun, to say the least.

Story 1:
So we were on our way to my cousin's house, Shannon and her husband David's house, and my uncle David went to pull a right-hand turn. Well, my aunt Beverly forgot to put on her seatbelt, and my uncle David saw her falling to the left side of the car in his rearview mirror screaming, "WHOAAA!", and laughing her face off. Once my uncle David and I noticed, we laughed, and laughed, and laughed.

If some of you do not know, my aunt Beverly has memory issues. I say memory because they have not yet diagnosed her with anything specific as her symptoms are all over the place, but anyways...Having her on a day where she is in a good mood or with some sort of lucidity, this being one of them, is pretty rare. That being said, this is one of my most memorable moments with the two of them.

Story 2:
While planning my aunt Beverly and uncle David's end-of-life services, they found out what it would cost them. My witty aunt then asks, "well, where do the people with no families and no money go?" They told her, "there is a separate section from the main cemetery for those who find themselves in that type of situation." My aunt then said, "well, why cannot we go there?" We all started laughing. Again, for the same reason I stated above. This, as well as the other one, will be one of my most memorable moments with not only my aunt and uncle, but the rest of the family as well.

The following week, from July 21st to July 28th, I spent time with my online friends and with strangers I have never met before. We had a group of at least 20 people. Possibly more. No, definitely more. We would wake up every morning, get ready and eat breakfast together. We would then roam around California talking to each other and meeting new people.

Story 3:
This one night, we were all sitting and taking, and this random girl just found her way in front of me. She was crying her face off. All I could do was help her. So I did. I asked her, "are you okay? Do you need anything? What happened?" She told me, "I have a younger sister that was going to VidCon and me being 10 years older than her, I decided to go to the bar and hangout with my friends. On my way home, however, I fell and broke my glasses. I cannot see. Would you happen to have a phone that I could use to call my mother?" Of course I did! Who would not bring a phone to a social event like this? So I asked her what the number was, I dialled it for her and gave her the phone. In the end, she asked me, "do you know where the Double Tree Hotel is?" I told her, "of course I do! I have a friend staying there! I could walk you over!"

So we walked her over to her hotel, but before I got in the elevator, I told her that we should wait until my friends caught up. I admit, it was a bit sketchy. She fell, but did not have any cuts or scrapes. Not that I could see anyways. Then my friends caught up and joined us in the elevator. While in the elevator, she was flailing her arms and I could then see the cuts and scrapes on her arms. I knew then she was telling the truth, but that is not what mattered. What mattered was getting this girl to her room, safe and sound. The elevator doors opened and we walked her to her room. She had friends there waiting for her and they were really happy to see her.

What got me the most that night was that on my walk back to my hotel, I received a text message from an unknown number. Well...It was the girl's mother. She asked me, "is she at the hotel? How is she? And I thank you very much for bringing her back to her room for me." I answered with, "Yes, we just brought her back and she is fine now. She is safely with her friends. No problem and thank you!"

Story 4:
On the first day of VidCon, I met some cool dudes that go by the name of Mr_Gears and Serverr. They introduced me to a boy they just met named Zach by the main fountain. Right then and there, I had my eyes on a beautiful guy. He was cute. Softly spoken. God, his smile was perfect. Everything just seemed right.

Throughout the week, we talked, and talked, and talked. Then came the night before VidCon Prom. I wanted to ask him, but I was scared. I have never really had anything with a guy before. At least not something like this. Something with substance. My friend, Dammitdeanne, was talking to him about it and he seemed excited about it too. I knew then that everything would be alright and that he was waiting for me to ask. So I did and he said yes! Phew! What a weight lifted off of my shoulders!

The night of VidCon Prom, we went together, but a lot of friends were with us too. It was not the experience I wanted, but I mean, VidCon only happens once a year and we should be celebrating with all of our friends. So we all danced, sang and had boat loads of fun together.

Then it was time for Zach to go back to his hotel as he had to leave the next morning. We all said our goodbyes and I decided that I would walk him to his hotel. Walking to his hotel, I wanted to kiss him, but we were so caught up into talking about the following year and crying, that it just did not happen then.

We got to his hotel and said our goodbyes. It seemed like the right moment, right? Just before he walked away? Kiss him? Yeah? Yeah?! YEAH?! But sadly, it did not happen. I chickened out. I have no idea why, but it is something that I regret to this day.

As you all know by now, in between all of that, from July 23rd to July 25th, there was VidCon! VidCon was so much fun! We attended the opening ceremony. I got to meet THE Gigi Gorgeous and a bunch of other strangers. We attended so many little events within VidCon itself. We even attended the Sexual Orientation panel. This was something I truly enjoyed last year, so I made it a mission to go to it again. And as you know already, we went to VidCon Prom! So without a doubt, we had so much fun and we created so many life-long memories.

On July 26th, it was then Disney Day! We went to California Adventure and had a blast with what friends we had left from our original group.

On July 27th, I had to leave as my flight was at 6:00 PM.

On July 28th, I finally, but sadly, got home at 7:00 PM.

Although VidCon was probably one of the biggest parts of my summer holidays this year, I celebrated many other things as well.

On August 22nd, I hit my fifth month as a Moderator here at MCGamer! Wow! I never thought this would have been something I would celebrate. I mean, it had always been a goal of mine to reach one year as a Member of Staff, but celebrating each and every month until I get there is an achievement itself.

On August 25th, it was my nineteenth birthday! Woot woot! As some of you may not know, nineteen is the legal age here where I live in Ontario, Canada, to drink alcohol! Yas! The day has come! Just kidding. I, for many personal reasons, refuse to drink alcohol other than at family celebrations or during holidays. So during my birthday, I decided to drink the good ol' water.

It was not only my birthday that day either. On that same day, at 12:31 PM, my sister brought her second baby boy, my second nephew, into this world at 6 pounds, 12 ounces, just over 3 kilograms for you Americans. :p His name, Acen. This is probably the best birthday gift I could have ever asked for, besides getting Ariana Grande's My Everything album last summer of course. But still! A baby nephew, on the same day as my birthday?! That is just rad!

As the month of August comes to a close, we finally reach the month of September.

On September 8th, I will finally be off to college to do my nursing program. College is something I have been waiting over a year for, and with it fastly approaching, I feel like my life is finally going to be productive. So that is good news!

During the month of September, I will also be recording my audition to apply for Big Brother Canada! As some of you may know already, I am a huge Big Brother fan. From the American Big Brother to the Canadian Big Brother, I love it all! And to actually, and hopefully, become a part of it, is a huge dream of mine. So be ready!

Also during the month of September, I will have more news on my, hopefully, future events and groups, MCGamer Movie Night and MCGamer Human Relationships and Support Group. I also have another event in my mind that will include build teams, but more on that will come later!

Anyways, I would like to thank you all for reading, but most importantly, for being part of one of my most memorable summers ever. I love each and every one of you, and if you ever need me, I am always a Direct Message away! Do not ever forget that! <3

With that being said, I ask you to share with me your summer stories as I would love to read them! :)

Thank you all so very much! <3

Regards,

Equalitee | Christopher.

Here are a couple photos I would love to share with all of you:

The giant minion bottle I got at the Universal Studios Hollywood.

The Universal Studios Hollywood sign.

The stolen Gigi Gorgeous sign from the LGBT panel at VidCon last year. This year, I got her to sign it. Thank you so much Gigi! You are such an inspiration! <3

The first picture JacksonReaction, Dammitdeanne and I took together. VidCon roommates for life! <3

The one stranger that I met that is not a complete stranger anymore. This girl, Tate, is probably one of my best and closest friends that I have met while I was in California. I love and adore her with all my heart. Our bond...It just seemed like we knew each other all of our lives. Love you, girl! <3
This is when I met THE Gigi Gorgeous. Love you, Gigi! <3 Ew, my face! ._.

The view from our hotel, the Clarion Hotel Anaheim Resort.

This is when we said our goodbyes to Zach. You cannot see him, but I promise you, he is there. Love you, Zach! <3

This is a group photo containing the majority of our group. I love and miss you all! <3
Every "good" event is in America, not in Australia.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
As some of you may not know, nineteen is the legal age here
Told you Canada is weird.

Congrats on 5 whole months as a mod, Chris! I so wish I could have gone to VidCon, experiences like that are what are truly remembered and as I watch people making so many memories like this I wish one day I could make my own c:

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
Aaaand then there's just me in a Teamspeak channel talking to online friends..

Glad you had fun though!
IKR ;-; I need to go to vidcon next year when im 18 but then theres my social skills xD. I also don't know if any of my friends could make it

Equalitee

Platinum
Reaction score
It's great to see that you had such a wonderful time at Vidcon!

Kinda makes me super jealous that I didn't buy tickets for it tbh. xD
I am so upset that you could not go! It would have been so cool to have met you in real life! ;-;
wait are you trans, i thought you were gay. CONFUSE SOMEONE FILL ME UP
I am not trans, but it is definitely something I have been considering for a long, long time now.
Told you Canada is weird.

Congrats on 5 whole months as a mod, Chris! I so wish I could have gone to VidCon, experiences like that are what are truly remembered and as I watch people making so many memories like this I wish one day I could make my own c:
IKR ;-; I need to go to vidcon next year when im 18 but then theres my social skills xD. I also don't know if any of my friends could make it
It truly is an amazing experience and if you are ever offered an opportunity to attend an event like VidCon, you should definitely go.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci