• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Eric's Final- Wait, what?! He's back?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricParazak

Tommy Wiseau
Reaction score
Hi, my name is EricParazak, if you didn't know that already. I am a v1 player that joined back in July of 2012, and this is it. My journey ends here.

So, after being a member here for over 2 years, I am finally leaving, for good. I knew this day would come sooner or later, but I didn't think it would come so soon. This was not an easy decision for me to make. I have made so many memories here from me being terrible at the game to meeting all of my friends, not to mention being a part of #Royals last summer. But, to be honest, I don't think it's best to stay here. I do realize that no one here likes goodbye threads especially now when there's a lot of them being posted as of late, but I didn't want to pull a Huahwi and just disappear without a trace, so I am leaving everyone here with this. Now, for my reasons on why I am leaving:

1) The community has changed. Yes, the community has changed in my eyes, and not for the better. Back when I joined MCSG, the community was small, not too many servers, not too many staff members, legendary players, etc. The community was (mostly) great! However, I feel like that all took a dramatic turn for the worst when the "gg10", "ez", and "rekt" people come in around December. After that, for me at least, the community didn't feel the same compared to what it did throughout the summer of 2013. It felt like a whole new community. The fact that the staff aren't doing a thing about these people doesn't help with this situation. (I'm not blaming them for this, but they should do something about it.)

2) I feel like (almost) all of my friends here have moved on or stopped talking to me. Yes, I feel like I don't really have many friends from the community who are still here and/or talk to me anymore. This makes me feel lonely around here and it makes me feel like I am not recognized much here anymore. I've felt that ever since I returned, I don't feel like I'm recognized anymore and that makes me feel sad. I used to be pretty well known around here and I was just so used to it that I realized that sometimes popularity dies down, and after I left, I feel like that's what happened to me. As Thinknoodles said: "Friendship is more important than a game or an event."

3) I'm not as enthusiastic about helping out the community or playing. Yeah, I , alone with many others, don't feel like I'm enjoying their time here as much anymore. I have recently given up on the in-game community, and I feel like my time on the forums has died out. Being on the forums nowadays is a bit stale for me. I was extremely active last year, but ever since 2014 came up, I've lost my motivation to post. I've also lost my motivation to play because, not only have I given up competitively, but I just get frustrated when I die, and that has got to stop, because of that, I left the in-game community.

...and there you have it. Those are my reasons on why I am leaving. Before I end this off, there are many people that I'd like to thank for making my time here so special:
Yured Probably one of my oldest friends from the community, I still remember when you teamed with me back when I had a terrible computer. You were a reliable partner and a great clanmate from when #Royals was a thing, I also remember when The_Great_Tito died in our game of SG Classic with 4non.

YourFavoriteTreecko Thanks for making #Royals a lot of fun for us! I still remember the days when we just fooled around as a group. That one time where we accused of each other of having DS hands was the best!

Lemonz87 Another one of my oldest friends here. I did not expect for you to have a rich history in the community out of everyone in the EU22 group, from being a moderator, to being Huahwi's friend/YouTuber, and I guess now I'm joining you in leaving. Good luck in your future.

KRaidium You've always been someone I've been able to look up to, and we finally met outside of MCGamer. Thanks you for your hard work around here, and I'm glad you were accepted as a staff member here.

Mooclan An extremely active forumer that has really influenced me around me. You have taught me that a rank on the forums and/or how many forum posts doesn't matter as long as you're having a good time on the forums. I also felt honored that you recognized me during one of your streams.

Thapple Thank you for getting me back into the community, I'm also very glad that you're a moderator here and best of luck to you in the future here.

Other people I'd like to thanks for being friends with me here:
Blamph
HyP3rKi113r
furretfan137
Carz
purple_unicorn98
Hoodrix__
pepsizPower
LizzyBethyMC
KiraBerry
SumBoDeee
Silver
soggypickle
Luke Lucas
BlueBeetleHD
billyguy1
Beyoncé

To finally end this off, I'd like to total up my final statistics:
Amount of games played: 2,144
Amount of wins: 122
Amount of kills: 2,415
Joined here: Late July 2012 (Don't remember the date.)
Amount of messages: 821 (I was hoping to get 1,000 before leaving, oh well. :c)
Amount of likes: 1,295
Followers: 64 (1 stack of followers.)​

Welp, this is where it all ends here. I don't see myself returning. I am leaving everything related to MCGamer, forums, in-game and Teamspeak. If anyone wants to stay in contact with me, PM me for my Skype so I can add you, other than that, I'm out.

My last wish here is that I wish MCGamer the best of luck in its future for when they merge with the AntVenom Network. When that happens, I'll be in-game from time to time.

Sincerely and goodbye,
EricParazak

soggypickle

District 13
Reaction score
Well, I had massive amounts of respect for you, and you were a great community member. You've definitely left a positive impact here. -insert other generic crap here- xD

EricParazak, 2012-2014, "Earth? I thought you were from the Land of Pickles."

Blamph

District 13
Reaction score
Sad to see another goodbye thread from an old timer. Out of a lot of names and people who I've met on here throughout the years, you're one of the memorable ones, Eric. With that, I wish you the best with your future, and whichever other communities you move onto next!

BlueBeetleHD

Platinum
Reaction score
Eric, sad to see you go! Hopefully you're not leaving the other community we speak more on. I wish you the best of luck in the future :).

EricParazak

Tommy Wiseau
Reaction score
Eric, sad to see you go! Hopefully you're not leaving the other community we speak more on. I wish you the best of luck in the future :).
Don't worry Blue, I won't be leaving that community anytime soon. :)

Yured

Diamond
Reaction score
Hi, my name is EricParazak, if you didn't know that already. I am a v1 player that joined back in July of 2012, and this is it. My journey ends here.

So, after being a member here for over 2 years, I am finally leaving, for good. I knew this day would come sooner or later, but I didn't think it would come so soon. This was not an easy decision for me to make. I have made so many memories here from me being terrible at the game to meeting all of my friends, not to mention being a part of #Royals last summer. But, to be honest, I don't think it's best to stay here. I do realize that no one here likes goodbye threads especially now when there's a lot of them being posted as of late, but I didn't want to pull a Huahwi and just disappear without a trace, so I am leaving everyone here with this. Now, for my reasons on why I am leaving:

1) The community has changed. Yes, the community has changed in my eyes, and not for the better. Back when I joined MCSG, the community was small, not too many servers, not too many staff members, legendary players, etc. The community was (mostly) great! However, I feel like that all took a dramatic turn for the worst when the "gg10", "ez", and "rekt" people come in around December. After that, for me at least, the community didn't feel the same compared to what it did throughout the summer of 2013. It felt like a whole new community. The fact that the staff aren't doing a thing about these people doesn't help with this situation. (I'm not blaming them for this, but they should do something about it.)

2) I feel like (almost) all of my friends here have moved on or stopped talking to me. Yes, I feel like I don't really have many friends from the community who are still here and/or talk to me anymore. This makes me feel lonely around here and it makes me feel like I am not recognized much here anymore. I've felt that ever since I returned, I don't feel like I'm recognized anymore and that makes me feel sad. I used to be pretty well known around here and I was just so used to it that I realized that sometimes popularity dies down, and after I left, I feel like that's what happened to me. As Thinknoodles said: "Friendship is more important than a game or an event."

3) I'm not as enthusiastic about helping out the community or playing. Yeah, I , alone with many others, don't feel like I'm enjoying their time here as much anymore. I have recently given up on the in-game community, and I feel like my time on the forums has died out. Being on the forums nowadays is a bit stale for me. I was extremely active last year, but ever since 2014 came up, I've lost my motivation to post. I've also lost my motivation to play because, not only have I given up competitively, but I just get frustrated when I die, and that has got to stop, because of that, I left the in-game community.

...and there you have it. Those are my reasons on why I am leaving. Before I end this off, there are many people that I'd like to thank for making my time here so special:
Yured Probably one of my oldest friends from the community, I still remember when you teamed with me back when I had a terrible computer. You were a reliable partner and a great clanmate from when #Royals was a thing, I also remember when The_Great_Tito died in our game of SG Classic with 4non.

YourFavoriteTreecko Thanks for making #Royals a lot of fun for us! I still remember the days when we just fooled around as a group. That one time where we accused of each other of having DS hands was the best!

Lemonz87 Another one of my oldest friends here. I did not expect for you to have a rich history in the community out of everyone in the EU22 group, from being a moderator, to being Huahwi's friend/YouTuber, and I guess now I'm joining you in leaving. Good luck in your future.

KRaidium You've always been someone I've been able to look up to, and we finally met outside of MCGamer. Thanks you for your hard work around here, and I'm glad you were accepted as a staff member here.

Mooclan An extremely active forumer that has really influenced me around me. You have taught me that a rank on the forums and/or how many forum posts doesn't matter as long as you're having a good time on the forums. I also felt honored that you recognized me during one of your streams.

Thapple Thank you for getting me back into the community, I'm also very glad that you're a moderator here and best of luck to you in the future here.

Other people I'd like to thanks for being friends with me here:
Blamph
HyP3rKi113r
furretfan137
Carz
purple_unicorn98
Hoodrix__
pepsizPower
LizzyBethyMC
KiraBerry
SumBoDeee
Silver
soggypickle
Luke Lucas
BlueBeetleHD
billyguy1
Beyoncé

To finally end this off, I'd like to total up my final statistics:
Amount of games played: 2,144
Amount of wins: 122
Amount of kills: 2,415
Joined here: Late July 2012 (Don't remember the date.)
Amount of messages: 821 (I was hoping to get 1,000 before leaving, oh well. :c)
Amount of likes: 1,295
Followers: 64 (1 stack of followers.)​

Welp, this is where it all ends here. I don't see myself returning. I am leaving everything related to MCGamer, forums, in-game and Teamspeak. If anyone wants to stay in contact with me, PM me for my Skype so I can add you, other than that, I'm out.

My last wish here is that I wish MCGamer the best of luck in its future for when they merge with the AntVenom Network. When that happens, I'll be in-game from time to time.

Sincerely and goodbye,
EricParazak

Bye Eric, I hope to see you play once again ;(

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Life has endless changes. It's hard to make an impact that will be remembered forever. As you, I, and others are definitely struggling with some similar disappointments, but its a cycle; life is a cycle, in every aspect that describes it and in every aspect we live it. Everything comes to an end eventually. I think that, we should get the most of it as long as we can.

I"ve felt the same as you have, but think of your friends as stars; you don't always seem them, but they're there. It's sad, hard and overwhelming, but life is full of changes —and some changes are better than other, sometimes.

Games, its just a thing that people get over it, but friendship is a link into the game. I feel attached to this game because I've met, I've talked and still do this even when I barely play MCSG. Theres relevance between a game and friendship, always. Not only I can say, I've learn to appreciate my friends more thanks to this game, but I've also become more shy, made me lose self-esteem and changed mentally —matured. In school, I never related to someone or talked to someone as much as I have to some friends of mine online and its hard to lose a friend —may I be relevant, but I feel irrelevant sometimes, with some real life friends. regardless, I appreciate the few friendships I have in real life, wouldn't change them.

As far as the game quality, it has always been the same! However, the people behind it always change. People easily get carried away, with whats 'trending' and are most likely to say or be like the 'next big thing'. I think people say 'gg' or 'rekt' because get carried away —isn't that what they all say? Yeah, right. Heck, I'm sure a lot of people say them to fit in. It's a hard reality, and I only wish people would stop being what is not them. This even includes staff too. I'm sure some staff got carried away and barely try to make a good use of their position, because of other staff that didn't care either.

In the end, just keep being you. Keep doing what you like, what you're passionate for, and leave behind what you're no longer relevant to. Whether you made something important, whether you accomplished one of your goals in this community, be proud of what you made, and forget what you didn't. Moreover, there will always be someone to remember you, and that will miss you —and you will too.

c:

Yin

Discord: prettyyinpink
Reaction score
Aw, we didn't talk much, but I always thought you were a great guy.

Sad to see you go, best of luck in life.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci