• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

EU Cleansweep Week 4 Results!

Have you seen a reduced number of hackers on the EU network?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Hello Tributes,
Week 4 has been another successful week for the Cleansweep! Sadly, Frazzli (the original overseer) has stepped down from her staff position at MCGamer; therefore, some of the current participants (including AlpakaWhacker , Nephilim and I) will be taking over running cleansweeps temporarily. Be sure to thanks Frazzli185 for all her work as an overseer of the Cleansweep! Her presence in the team will be greatly missed. Also, be sure to thank Nephilim and ViolentKitten for taking the initiative to run some Cleansweep sessions!

Please don’t forget that, due to scheduling issues and time management, each sweep is organized for a span of two hours. As such, knowing when to schedule a time when the most hackers will be on is essential to our efforts. The times of our current sessions may change to suit where the community needs us most. If you have any suggestions as to when you have been noticing a higher amount of hackers, please let us know either via Private Message or with a comment here. We will take these suggestions into account, experiment with time zones, and organize sweeps during the times when hackers are most prevalent.

This Week’s Stats

37 participants.
15 hours of sweeps.
1,300 servers moderated.

125 hackers banned.
39 of those were permanent.

15 of those bans were found and recorded by members of the community.

All Time Stats

70+ participants
54+ hours of sweeps.
10,000+ servers moderated.

780 hackers banned.
233 of those were permanent.
On our most successful day, over 70 hackers were banned in only 2 hours.

40+ of those bans were found and recorded by members of the community.

*Please note that even though we released the all time stats, the Cleansweep is not over. All time stats will only be released every 4 weeks.

Session Days and Times
(All times are in BST):
Monday - 7pm - 9pm
Wednesday - 8pm - 10pm
Friday - 6pm - 8pm
2 sessions on Weekends - 3pm - 5pm and 8pm - 10pm (7pm-9pm for meeting day.)

Daily Results

On 03/11/14, 18 bans were issued, and 9 of those were permanent.
On 05/11/14, 8 bans were issued, and 5 of those were permanent.
On 07/11/14, 14 bans were issued, and 4 of those were permanent.
On 08/11/14, 48 bans were issued, and 12 of those were permanent.
On 09/11/14, 37 bans were issued, and 11 of those were permanent.

What can you do?

Also, as said before, we’ve already had a lot of community members coming in and helping out! Everyone is welcome to join, and we encourage everyone to get involved in help fighting back against hackers. I’d personally love to meet some of you and I’m sure the mods involved would too, its a great way to be more connected!

If you want to get involved with any Cleansweep, you can do so by logging onto our TeamSpeak (ts.mcgamer.net) and asking a staff member to join the Cleansweep channel (see times above). Upon doing so, you will be designated an amount of servers in which you can spectate for hackers. Once you have found one, either record them and upload them yourself or notify a staff member in the channel. Do note that you will be expected to record hackers in a timely manner and behave appropriately for the duration of the crackdown. We encourage everyone get involved if you have the time! (Thanks to Frazzli185 to writing the original threads, and part of this thread.)

Thank you to all staff and community members that participated in these sweeps!

Special thanks to the following people for taking time out of their day to help out the staff and community: JLioner, troy145 , skypig99, McNooch , jdennis2000 , pirre_, xboyxander, PhreakDubz , Mooclan , JennoKoala, Fancypants6000 [Waiting], MattGlowstone [Waiting], SuperSoldier911, and Sucker Puncher.

Previous results:
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/cleansweep-eu-our-first-results.144029/
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/cleansweep-week-two-results.145224/
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/eu-cleansweep-week-3-results.146697/

Original thread:
http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/operation-clean-sweep.141890/

Last edited:
M

MattGlowstone

Loved tonight's Cleansweep although I was there for the short time, I can't wait till the next one, unfortunatly I cannot attend tomorrow's Cleansweep, as I have tests on Tuesday, but hopefully I will be able to attend Wednesday, once again thank you for allowing me to join!

J

Jojo

Great! Thank you for keeping the cleansweeps alive!!! :) It's not only helpful to get rid of the hackers but also great fun and the possibility to get to know some of the awesome mcsg stuff :)

MrConHD

Tribute
Reaction score
I have not played on the EU servers, however this looks like a huge impact to the community on the EU servers. Good work, and good luck continuing this cleansweep :)

bob_brickman99

Survivor
Reaction score
Great job again, hackers needed to be banned and this is doing the trick.
Maybe I should play on EU more often...with 400 ping or so.
Please do AU NEXT!!!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci