• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Events/ Tournaments

NomNomOctopus

Survivor
Reaction score
A special night on TS in which the people of MCSG come together to show off their talents

Pork

Diamond
Reaction score
I think a tournament of SG sounds fun. That and the map-making contest are the ones I feel will be most popular.

Col_StaR

District 13
Staff member
Reaction score
I'm keeping track of the top-requested events; only votes in which the poster explicitly states that they want to see something have been tallied in order to prevent ambiguity.

The top 5 events are as follows:
- SG Game Tournament: 11 votes
- Creative Build Contest/Map Making Contest: 11 votes
- UHC Tournament: 6 votes
- MCSG/Generic Trivia Games: 5 votes
- 1v1 Tournaments: 5 Votes

In my personal opinion, the easiest (based on the manpower, resources, and skills necessary to operate) and most worthwhile events to actually organize would be the following:
- Creative Build Contest
- MCSG/Generic Trivia Games
- CS:GO Tournament
- MC-related/Generic Debates
- Speech Nights
- VIP Q&As

I'll see if I can organize some of these for next week or sometime in April. The TeamSpeak ones shouldn't be so hard, but the game-related ones will be the most difficult. Any gametype that requires a custom plug-in, such as UHC, will obviously require some more time and effort to organize.

Any staff who's interested in helping organize or moderate these events, please contact me. Email is preferred.

A note on Clan Wars/1v1 Tourneys:
While they are very popular with the community, those events are inherently risky due to their competitive nature. We're willing to do them, but in order to prevent drama and lessen the likelihood of outcry and accusation of hacks, a lot of manpower is required for such events. As such, we would choose to take our time making the necessary preparations for events such as those, rather than jump right into them akin to how many player-run clan-vs-clan games operate. But don't forget that such clan interaction has always been something we've wanted to pursue.

Jack_Miller

Spectator
Reaction score
We should have a HG tournament, btw, when Mockingjay comes out (hunger games movie #3) will you get rid of QQ because I really love that gamemode!

Jack_Miller

Spectator
Reaction score
UHC also sounds really fun, I haven't played one seriously and would love to try!

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I don' t like the idea of clans or clans in general.
I'm in the same boat as you, but a majority of the MCSG (specifically forum) community likes clans, hence why there are so many of them and why they have their own dedicated section of the forums. I think with so many participants, they deserve to get a clan war if they want to.

ItsRecitify

Tribute
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you, but a majority of the MCSG (specifically forum) community likes clans, hence why there are so many of them and why they have their own dedicated section of the forums. I think with so many participants, they deserve to get a clan war if they want to.
I respect that, but clans - in my eyes - kind of just pollute the servers. Back in the days of MCSG V1 up through July 2013 MCSG was a much more fun place to play. There were no teams of 5 in a clan throwing up their clan name with a hashtag like its a gang sign. To me I just miss the old days and that is why I don't like clans. They really changed MCSG (in a negative way for me) and I miss the golden days of MCSG when Holiday, Demons, and Valleyside were new or when only maps were the Team Vareide maps. I don't know, that's just me.

Reaction score
The top 5 events are as follows:
- SG Game Tournament: 11 votes
- Creative Build Contest/Map Making Contest: 11 votes
- UHC Tournament: 6 votes
- MCSG/Generic Trivia Games: 5 votes
- 1v1 Tournaments: 5 Votes
You forgot to put to the poll the CS:GO tourney, LoL tourney and TF2 tourney :3

I prefer not to join a clan as sometimes it can be stressful because of various reasons, as if you are inactive and you may get kicked.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci