• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Extreme Server Lag/Delay

Have you noticed any lag/delay today/yesterday?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

djdevilmonkey

Spectator
Reaction score
Me, and many others, have noticed loads of lag today. This type of lag is mainly delay in everything. For example, every server me and my friends have joined (we separated throughout the country, so i know its not just me) have noticed loads of lag. After the map voting was done, and it took us to the actual map, with the 30 second map start timer, everyone was frozen, until there were about 5-8 seconds left on the clock (it ranged between there for everyone). Also, everyone running around, was freezing in air, then teleporting to where they were moving (on their screen it looks normal, but not to everyone else). What really makes me mad, is in the last 2 games i have played, this became a big issue because i have ended up dead. The first one was at the beginning of a match, everyone was teleporting to the center, and someone with a wooden sword 1 hit me and killed me. On my screen they were frozen, and i was running around, so i had no idea where he really was, and when everything caught up and people teleported to where they really were, it ended up that he had hit me over 5 times because, on his screen, i wasnt moving either. In the next game, it was me vs someone else towards the end. He had a stone sword with leather armor, i had a diamond sword with iron armor. We both staggered to the center, and kept hitting each other. I hit him atleast 10 times, and it only said that i hit him once (according to how much hearts he had left). On my screen he was dancing around hitting mid air far from me, yet i was being damaged from far away. I ended up losing, and people were sitting there saying how i should have won and stuff, and i should have hit him, and he didnt hit me, yada yada.
Anyways, all in all, i lost over 100 points today due to lag, which really, really upsets me. And if anyway, i could be repayed for those, i would greatly appreciate it.
A lot of people jumped to conclusions and blamed it on bad computer/internet. I have a 2tb hard drive (only about 300 gigs used), 2 Nvidia 780's, a quad core processor (3.8 ghz), and 8gb ram. My internet is about 110 Mbps download, and 30 upload. So with this information, and my friends also lagging, i know its not just me.
Anyways, just trying to let you guys know, so you can fix it :)

Note to staff/admins: I didn't know where to put this, so im sorry if it is in the correct place. Please do not delete this, im not trying to flame/rage. Also, please don't talk about my current (temp) ban, it will only make me more angry.
I also apologize for my behavior, and disrespect towards staff.

EditingXBL

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I have a 120mb internet broadband and I've not had this problem all day, I've been on solid 5 bars today and yesterday... I do play on the EU servers too.

4non

Platinum
Reaction score
I've had insane amounts of lag recently, I thought it was just my internet...
I join lobbies, type "/v", and the voting menu shows up like 7 seconds later.
I'm chasing a guy, he suddenly stops so I stop to start hitting him... he then teleports 120498 blocks away.
I try and join a server my friends are in, but nooooope. It's already full, because it took 9 seconds for it to process the command.

My internet normally does WAY better than that.

djdevilmonkey

Spectator
Reaction score
2 things 4non.
1. Thank you for your support, but according to the speedtest.net in your signature, you should be having these problems all the time lol.

2. The second thing is just "lol". Because... lol:
he then teleports 120498 blocks away.

EditingXBL

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'm chasing a guy, he suddenly stops so I stop to start hitting him... he then teleports 120498 blocks away.
I try and join a server my friends are in, but nooooope. It's already full, because it took 9 seconds for it to process the command.

457 ping o.o

_MK_

Career
Reaction score
I read something about international internet cables being broken...not sure but I am experiencing a bit lag, more than usual anyways.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score

I second that

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
This has actually been answered in another thread made my forarian. This lag is due to mcsg being able to use 1.6 and 1.7 at the same time. Don't ask me how, but it was stated by forarian earlier today

djdevilmonkey

Spectator
Reaction score
This has actually been answered in another thread made my forarian. This lag is due to mcsg being able to use 1.6 and 1.7 at the same time. Don't ask me how, but it was stated by forarian earlier today
im gunna go test that theory....

Edit: ... its.... its true... but... but how?
mind=blown

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci