• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

FAQ: How does the new point system work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nossr50

Survivor
Reaction score
The point system has been changed again to make things a bit more interesting, now how many points you get depends entirely on the person you kill. Note that you are still awarded 25 points for winning, and we may be changing this.

We've cleared everyones stats so that you will have fair playing grounds under the new points system, this only applies to NA right now and we will be doing the same to EU later.

So here's basically how it works, you steal a percentage of your opponents points based on the difference in points between you, note that you can never steal more than 25 points at a time no matter how big the difference. If the opponent you kill has less than 100% of your points (for example, you have 200 and he has 100) you will earn a static rate of points from kills. However, if in turn he is within 100% of your score or higher, then you will earn a percentage of his points based on the difference between you.

All values are top secret for now as they will be changing again soon, go ahead and try and figure it out :p

TL;DR: Killing people with big points = big rewards, killing people with much lower scores = nearly no reward.

And remember, this is still a WIP and the points system will be undergoing big changes again soon, but this is pretty much what you can expect from future revisions.

SirMystic

Spectator
Reaction score
What if you're killed by a trap or mob? Nothing happens with your points, I suppose?

Thejoker1177

Tribute
Reaction score
I do not know why but I didn't gain any points. I had 3 kills with a total of 12 points. Loosing 5 points in the end gave me a total of 7 added points. For some reason I still have 100 points.

nossr50

Survivor
Reaction score
I do not know why but I didn't gain any points. I had 3 kills with a total of 12 points. Loosing 5 points in the end gave me a total of 7 added points. For some reason I still have 100 points.
Sounds like there might be some bugs.

What if you're killed by a trap or mob? Nothing happens with your points, I suppose?
Didn't think about that, for now it means you don't lose anything. I'll correct that.

boyboyyo5678

Spectator
Reaction score
same and it happened to my friend i had killed 6 people with a total or 27 then died in final and lost 5 my points stayed the same no new no less fix please :p

Blabagas

Spectator
Reaction score
I would like to see something added for the time you stay alive/placing you get.
I'm one of those people who stay out of everyone's way and get to the top 4 or so, So my points normally just go down because I don't kill many people. Also its kind of annoying because the people who stay in big groups are going to get lots of points. "Surivial" games, Its about surviving so people should get points for doing so.

Jinkara56

Tribute
Reaction score
its 10 pm pacific time for me and the last like 4 servers are completely empty idk how full they are in the afternoon but if they ever become somewhat stagnant you should take them down to cut back on the costs of all the servers btw how much is it for 20 servers lol?

Thejoker1177

Tribute
Reaction score
its 10 pm pacific time for me and the last like 4 servers are completely empty idk how full they are in the afternoon but if they ever become somewhat stagnant you should take them down to cut back on the costs of all the servers btw how much is it for 20 servers lol?
It is best to have this amount of servers. When there was 12 servers, you could never get on.

Kris giles

Tribute
Reaction score
I don't like this new points system, Just played my first game with the new system and i killed 3 other players and came 3rd overall, But my rating went from 100 to 93! Hardly seems right, maybe i didn't get the points for the 3 kills i got?

IAmCathedral

Spectator
Reaction score
What if we attack someone and they fall off a cliff or drown? do we still get the points for the kill or no?

ThatDamnWalrus

Survivor
Reaction score
I hate how its very hard for players like me who have 300 points to earn any points. But lose big amounts of points when killed. You should make the minimum 5.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci