• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Feed the Fox!

Which do you prefer?

• Bee's!

Votes: 2 15.4%
  • Tree's!

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • Fox's (should totally be a part of feed the beast)

Votes: 6 46.2%
  • I hate feed the beast as I am secretly a lizard.

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
Hey guys! Just wanted to start an advice thread for feed the beast! I am a complete noob at feed the beast but played tekkit extensively so I have decided to start a series on Feed the beast called Feed the fox! I just wanted to see peoples opinions on which parts of the mod are worth exploring and which parts I should stay away from! So far I want to look into the tree grafting and Bee's because they look cool! But im unsure what else there is! do tell ;p

kaiomann

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Do you want to play somewhat legit? Or with cheaty opness? If second, check out power armor :p

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
I was gunna go more legit, I remember the crazy armours from tekkit but they took ages to get, is it likethat?

kaiomann

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Nope. Power armor is just some iron and redstone, and it is totally op. Flight, 10x faster, invincibility, etc. But what else do you wanna do?

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
lol that seems pretty crazy, flight is a bonus though.. isnt there anything like a flying ring? and im not hugely decided on what I want to do xD I dont know a huge amount about the mod

Adam_I

Experienced
Reaction score
AS far as I know there is no flying ring in Feed the Beast like there was in tekkit. But similar to tekkit, there is mods such as industrial which includes all the machines from tekkit like maccerators, electric furnaces etc.
Also still included in feed the beast is quarries and such for automatic mining
If you want to fly a good option is an jetpack. It isnt as good as a flying ring, but still is an effective way of flying

Other mods in the mod pack im not so sure about since I played tekkit alot but never got into feed the beast

kaiomann

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Yeah, FTB contains most of the mods tekkit has, abd much more. There's the basic tech mods like IC2, BC3, thermal expansion. Then there's magic stuff like Thaumcraft and EE3. Another cool mod is Soul shards: It lets you make awesome spawners.

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
make spawners? just like dungeon spawners? and I saw that all the pipes are removed.. but then like how do you take stuff out of quarries etc?

kaiomann

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
make spawners? just like dungeon spawners? and I saw that all the pipes are removed.. but then like how do you take stuff out of quarries etc?
There's still the usual buildcraft pipes. And tubes from redpower (depends on version).
Here's how soul shards work: First, you need to make a soul forge. Put a diamond and some corrupted essence in it to cook 3 soul shards. These can obtain a mobs soul by killing them. The more mobs of that type you kill, the higher tier it gets. Up to tier 5, which is 1000 kills and 2 spawns per seconds. To create the actual spawner, craft a soul cage and right click it with the shard to put it in.
Btw, check out the wiki: http://ftbwiki.org/Feed_The_Beast_Wiki

Ninetailefox92

District 13
Reaction score
I'll read through it lol I just wanted to see which mods people think are the best to get into! seems like you are gunna be my go to FTB guy though ;p

kaiomann

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I'll read through it lol I just wanted to see which mods people think are the best to get into! seems like you are gunna be my go to FTB guy though ;p
That's alright! :D
Edit: Feel free to ask me stuff. I always like to help out and discuss stuff :)

Sam

Destroyer of Worlds
Reaction score
I can help you with forestry, IC2, BC3, RP2, railcraft <3, TC2 and of cause Twilight Forest. I which they added mystcraft..I love it!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci