• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Filter GG.

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
It used to mean "good game", but some idiot turned it into "get good". That is very disrespectful and killing this community, slowly. It needs to stop, and the only way, is to make it flitered, and bannable if they pass the filter.

If people think it's a GG, they can say, good game, or good fight.

Before this solution happens, because I know it will eventually, just remember who is behind the screen. They have feelings, so do you, don't take it to heart, and don't stoop down to their level. c:

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Honestly, the way you take it is perspective. It always astounds me how frustrated people get over it... Even when people openly mock me it's not hard to get over it. I'd find it more frustrated to get my respectful comment blocked... But whatever, get people to stop complaining.

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
Honestly, the way you take it is perspective. It always astounds me how frustrated people get over it... Even when people openly mock me it's not hard to get over it. I'd find it more frustrated to get my respectful comment blocked... But whatever, get people to stop complaining.
If it's not blocked, the community will stay as it is, crap. No one is going to improve them selves, people have competitive nature, and when you try your best at something, and then get told gg get rekt scrub lord, you're going to get mad.

Having it blocked would be more useful then having it not for the few who use it correctly. I myself, do not get mad at gg. It's just that I see all these people mad at each other and it's bothering me quite a bit. This is minecraft, not arguecraft. Something needs to be done, and quite frankly, no one is going to do anything unless staff takes the first step.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
If it's not blocked, the community will stay as it is, crap. No one is going to improve them selves, people have competitive nature, and when you try your best at something, and then get told gg get rekt scrub lord, you're going to get mad.

Having it blocked would be more useful then having it not for the few who use it correctly. I myself, do not get mad at gg. It's just that I see all these people mad at each other and it's bothering me quite a bit. This is minecraft, not arguecraft. Something needs to be done, and quite frankly, no one is going to do anything unless staff takes the first step.
I don't think GG is destroying anything. It's the people that take things hard and the people that are rude that make problems. Blocking GG isn't really going to change anything, only a community attitude change will have a true effect.

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
The problem is not that people say GG, it is people's reaction to GG. If a two letter word that has mixed meanings can get people so upset that someone else thinks that it should be banned then there is a problem.

Voei

Platinum
Reaction score
Why the hell do people get offended by "gg"? I'm pretty sure a lot of people still say it after good fights and don't mean it in a disrespectful way. Everyone is overreacting in my opinion. :p Yes, sometimes people use it after killing others unfairly but it's just a game. Calm ur tits guiz

TheRealAussie

District 13
Reaction score
I always just spell out "Good game" at the end. I used to think "GG" meant "Get Good" and "GF" Meant Get F***ed."

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Agree with all the replies so far- when somebody gets mad over gg it's because they're looking for a reason to get mad at the person who killed them. If they really wanted to annoy you they'd put something more explicitly aggravating like 'rekt'.

That said I do agree that everyone's attitudes are horrible at the moment, which does need to change.

Ag | Alex

District 13
Reaction score
There are only a few times I say gg. The first is when I am fighting a team of more than 2 and I beat them all. I don't say gg 2ez, or gg get wrkt scrub. Just gg. No capitalization either. For some reason, GG makes me think of it in a bad way. The only other time I say gg is at the end of a game, but only to bad players. When I win a game against a well-known good pvper, I tend to not say gg, just because they will probably yell at me for it in the lobby. It is said that people have made gg into what it is today. The only reason it is like that is because of the people who won't let it go (Alpha). If everyone just stopped thinking of it as get good, then maybe we wouldn't have this problem.
Yes, good game should be allowed, gg should not.
Honestly, that is dumb. People say gg because it is quick and simple to type. No one is going to waste that much time saying good game, because everyone should know that gg is the same thing. If they don't wanna take it that way, then sucks for them.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci