• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Fire (Trees/Wood/Campers)/Vines and Ladders

Do You think this is a good idea?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

aDRC35

Spectator
Reaction score
Hey I noticed that Flint And Steel are in some of the chests but they're not very useful, I mean sure you can catch people on fire and light up the cornucopia on Map 1, but I think that you should be able to do more. First of all this idea is for people who don't like campers or just like fire,
I think you should be able to set trees on fire, I mean you already can but right when you do it it goes away, so what I'm saying is that the fire should be able to spread along the tree but not burn the wood away and it would stop eventually(or it could burn down if you wanted too) then it should be able to reach up to the leaves and vines and actually burn them off. Just don't let them burn the chests. This way you could stop campers in trees or just get them to come down and make it more realistic.
I also think you should be able to do this with any wood like with houses in map 2 so the house would catch on fire and it would spread. This could also be used to trap people in there. The fire should also be able to destroy anything you can already destroy.EXAMPLE:Flowers,Grass,Ladders,etc. But it wouldn't spread along other trees and dirt so it wouldn't destroy everything.
Then since the leaves would burn down you could be able to place vines and Ladders on certain objects like burnt trees with no vines to get chests. Placing these could also be able to put other challenges in the games like there could be a chest in an area where you couldn't reach so you climb there by placing them or you could even be able to go down tall buildings and areas by placing them so you could make a quick escape if someone was coming.
So as you can see I think these ideas could make Flint and Steel, Vines, and Ladders more interesting and even make the game more fun overall. So feel free to add this, and if your not completely satisfied you could fix some stuff.

River

Spectator
Reaction score
yeah, that isnt it. now its only 3 uses.i guess they dont want the map to light on fire. XD

MrMark2202

Survivor
Reaction score
This would cause major problems in the server, the map has been designed so that blocks can't be destroyed otherwise people will be able to gain access to areas they shouldn't be able too, it will mean server reloads take longer too, this will not be included in the games.

River

Spectator
Reaction score
This would cause major problems in the server, the map has been designed so that blocks can't be destroyed otherwise people will be able to gain access to areas they shouldn't be able too, it will mean server reloads take longer too, this will not be included in the games.
i agree. they have lots of stuff hidden there that operates all the traps and everything else. if that gets ruined everyone will have to log off and the server will restart. also with the flint and steel, i think it should be used for those "special purposes" that not many know about. (hint- yay! i cooked mah food!)

aDRC35

Spectator
Reaction score
That's why you would be able to only destroy bricks you already can, did you not know we can brake leaves,vines,etc.

River

Spectator
Reaction score
i knew that we could break those things. but having fire spread on the map would ruin it and EVERYONE would die. so that would be unfair. flint and stell still has another use other than lighting BLOCKS on fire......why not light the animals on fire and see what happens when they die.

MrMark2202

Survivor
Reaction score
Yes, but if you could destroy, these with fire spread, it will cause a lot of blocks to be removed rapidly, if this were to happen it might cause lag, and players to get very annoyed by fire killing them that started from miles away, also whole forests could be cleared quite rapidly. As I said this won't be happening, at least not any time soon.

aDRC35

Spectator
Reaction score
Well yeah but it wouldn't spread onto other trees and and dirt. Forgot to say that... But I edited it to say that now, by the way I was hoping for more people to see this. And anyways it wouldnt really cause lag because a lot of people already brake leaves and items about every minute of the game and it doesn't cause lag

cameron224

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Flint and Steel is my favorite tool. So undervalued yet so much fun!

aDRC35

Spectator
Reaction score
Do you think you could get like atleast an admin to look at this please???

bart

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Burning trees will probably cause lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member