• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

First-Time Permaban for Hackers

jonnysurvives

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
This isn't a complaint thread, or a rage thread, but a suggestion that I think should be given some thought.

The EU servers are currently overrun with hackers to the point of being unplayable. I've gone 9 games in a row dying to hackers, 7 of them with regen, so it's not like I had much of a chance to take them out. There are only a handful of active mods, and it doesn't help that such a small proportion of the community knows what hacks look like, and an even smaller portion go through the trouble of poking mods or recording and uploading evidence.

What I think should be introduced as a measure against this is a first-time permaban for hackers. Of course you're first qualm when reading this will be to do with false bans- but this would be a measure taken only against stone wall cases- if there's any ambiguity in the evidence then there shouldn't be a ban. But the type of players you see walking on water, regen hacking (you can be certain of this when you light them on fire or if they go underwater), or derping their head everywhere while landing every single hit spot on are the type of players we can do without in this community. A week long ban isn't going to teach anybody a lesson- reoffending rates in the USA are typically >50%, and that's after time in prison, not a measly ban. All a ban does is slightly limit your options of which SG server to play on for a few days.

The way I see it there a couple of reasons to hack in minecraft:
  • You want a shortcut to winning and don't want to put the time and effort into improving
  • You think it's funny and enjoy ruining the game for others and watching them rage.
Both of these are traits that are unlikely to change dramatically- if somebody comes to MCSG with a view that hacking would be a quick and easy way to win at the expense of other players' enjoyment, they're not suddenly going to feel remorseful after a week-long ban.

Also, if this were to be introduced, it would act as a great deterrent for hackers, especially if there were a message on a timer in the hub and lobbies making sure everyone knew the deal. As it is there is no real disincentive to hackers since they have one life before they can get permabanned- but if there was a no-tolerance policy that everyone knew about far fewer would hack in the first place.

Tell me what you think.

Pikachu

Diamond
Reaction score
I disagree. my perm-ban story is this: I hacked about 14 months ago, now. i was banned temporarily twice for it, one on nbroski, and another on my alt: sammyb055. about two months ago, i was temp-banned for four days for cursing. i bypassed it, which i'm aware is against the rules. i did this for one game as my clan React begged me to participate in a scrim with Republic. they found out it was me and thus i was perm-banned. Bypassing a curse ban. had it not been for the hack bans, i was told, i would not have been perm-banned for this. hackers deserve a clean slate. i regret the time i hacked and loathe those who do now; sometimes people come out of it. being permanently banned for hacking is not fair. ALTHOUGH, it would be fair to deal a 2 month ban immediately. i'd say that in many scenarios, this is enough for a player to stop hacking. at this point, later, they may return to the servers if they see fit. otherwise, that is one player who will NEVER get to play due to one mistake. Long bans immediately would, in my opinion, be fair. permanent ones, however, are almost never fair through my eyes.

Theoremz

Diamond
Reaction score
second chances are fair, i'd say. Honestly, just removing the aspect of perm bans is great in my opinion. long term would be great tho. Say... 4 or 5 months for regen hackers, 3 for aimbot, 2, for chest esp, 1 for minor hacks like BSM. if you bypass it, the ban time is reset but for both accounts.

I_love_desk

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
second chances are fair, i'd say. Honestly, just removing the aspect of perm bans is great in my opinion. long term would be great tho. Say... 4 or 5 months for regen hackers, 3 for aimbot, 2, for chest esp, 1 for minor hacks like BSM. if you bypass it, the ban time is reset but for both accounts.
I agree, except that I don't think hackers using different types of client should determine how long the ban is. Ok, a ban for Rei's minimap should be shorter than one for regen hacking, but players who use regen hacks and players that use forcefield both blatantly know what they're doing is wrong and against the rules, it probably just depends on which client they found first.

Fireized

Diamond
Reaction score
I don't think it should be a perm-ban first time, because people deserve a second chance as previously stated. Although I think that if the evidence is obvious, the ban should at least be 1 month. Not a week, that doesn't do anything like you said. People might learn their lesson better if they can't play for a whole month.

Sench

Diamond
Reaction score
So much so little thing to do. Its called "Anti-Cheat". xD

elcho

Experienced
Reaction score
I really agree. If you are using hacks. Then bye!

Sench

Diamond
Reaction score
I really agree. If you are using hacks. Then bye!
Yeah, no second chances! The hackers should get ONE CHANCE. Not two, since then everyone can hack until you get banned and gets your second chance.

RC_4777

Mockingjay
Reaction score
So much so little thing to do. Its called "Anti-Cheat". xD
The only thing between you and fly hackers is the anti-cheat we have. Turning up the sensitivity could make the game impossible to play for normal players, and there were problems with over sensitivity a while ago.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci