• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Fishing Rod Tactic. [How To]

Did You Find This Helpful?

• Total voters

Redwash11

Platinum
Reaction score
Hey Guys!

I use this Tactic & I know I am not the best at it, but sometimes I can easily kill someone using it without losing very many hearts. There are a few different ways to use it, I use all of them, even if I am not good at it. xD Because, you aren't gonna get better at it if you don't try!

Melee: When someone is running towards you, right click to throw out your Fishing Rod. This will stun so you can get the first couple of hits which if Technique repeated, you could smash someone with better stuff than you.

Flint & Steel: Hit the enemy with the fishing rod so you have room to place a Flint & Steel, and they should run straight into it.

Chasing: When you are chasing someone, hit them with the Fishing Rod to knock them into Walls/Blocks etc. This will mean you can catch up to them quickly which will save you ALOT of time.

Getting Chased: This one isn't as affective as the others, but still worth it. When someone is chasing you do a 360 and hit them to stuff up there sprint. This will work better if you do Lava Parkour or The Bridge on SG4 where you run across and turn around & hit them with the Fishing Rod into the Lava/Ravine etc.

Infinite Durability: When throwing out your Fishing Rod, Don't reel it back in, but instead switch to another item & then switch back to Fishing Rod (If you want to use it again) and it will lose no durability. I suggest not doing this too often because if you are learning Fishing Rod Tactic, it will just be harder & more complicated for you. But if you are confident, then fill free using it! ;)

These are just some of the Techniques, and I hope you Guy's learn't something! :) ;)

Feel free to Post any extra things that I could add, or just EPIC stuff! :D
Yeah I have been trying to get better with these side items, fishing poles, flint and steel, etc. I practice in singleplayer creative worlds with spiders XD. sometimes I manage to, but most of the time I light myself on fire or manage to kill myself with my own fishing pole O.O

Taolem

Tribute
Reaction score
I sorta picked up the technique by myself. Probably by watching other people doing it, I guess.

reven86

Platinum
Reaction score
Best part by far...

Flint and Steel. I have been working on that trick for awhile now, if you can get really good at it kind of like Gcb has, its unstoppable.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci