• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Fix MCSG

KidSnatcher

Tribute
Reaction score
Okay let me just get straight to the point. MCSG is slowly but steadily getting smaller and smaller as all the decent players are leaving for BadLion or just getting fed up and quitting. Why? Because MCSG isn't what it used to be. It was once my favorite server back before it was updated to 1.8. There wasn't many bugs and when there was it was usually fixed in a reasonable amount of time. But ever since that update it has all just gone downhill. Good players have just been replaced by cheaters who only care about their rank on the leaderboards and don't even legitimately enjoy PvP.
The reason MCSG got so big in the first place was purely because its Survival Games was superior to any other server. Now time has been wasted adding game modes that almost nobody plays. There are consonantly bugs and glitches that cost people the game. New maps and features are added when the old ones are still broken. In Battle Grounds the server will just freeze every few seconds for everyone playing it and that is just one example.
You will probably just remove my post because you don't care or you don't think its a big issue but I really think i'm speaking for everyone that plays on your servers when I say something needs to change. If you don't believe me then here are links to a couple of YouTubers that play on your servers and have the same issues.
The list could go on and on but enough of that.
I know a lot of big youtubers go about these issues the wrong way and I am trying to be as polite as possible about this so please hear me out and consider my requests.
Some people say its to late and MCSG will never be the same but I believe you guys can still fix it.
Here are a few of my suggestions:
1. BadLion has anticheat which proves to be much more effective than the Anti Cheat on MCGamer. If you guys could get that or even something similar that would be great!
2. You guys really need to fix the bugs such as food taking 3 tries to eat and many others before you even consider adding new features.
3. Make clans a bit more official by maybe making separate Clan Battle lobbies that staff need to move you to and ref because the amount of people that come on alts and mess up clan battles is crazy. Hardly any clans play legit these days and it needs to change especially now that there are clan leaderboards (but fix the bugs first).
4. Focus on SG like you used to. Bring back your players and make your server the superior Survival Games server again. Maybe even remove 1.8 all together because its really not good for PvP. And I would highly suggest never updating to 1.9 because they are going about that all wrong.
Thanks for taking your time to read this and seriously consider what I have said because this is coming from the experience of someone that has played throughout MCGamer's ups and downs.
I am officially done.

Kalzo

Survivor
Reaction score
Okay let me just get straight to the point. MCSG is slowly but steadily getting smaller and smaller as all the decent players are leaving for BadLion or just getting fed up and quitting. Why? Because MCSG isn't what it used to be. It was once my favorite server back before it was updated to 1.8. There wasn't many bugs and when there was it was usually fixed in a reasonable amount of time. But ever since that update it has all just gone downhill. Good players have just been replaced by cheaters who only care about their rank on the leaderboards and don't even legitimately enjoy PvP.
The reason MCSG got so big in the first place was purely because its Survival Games was superior to any other server. Now time has been wasted adding game modes that almost nobody plays. There are consonantly bugs and glitches that cost people the game. New maps and features are added when the old ones are still broken. In Battle Grounds the server will just freeze every few seconds for everyone playing it and that is just one example.
You will probably just remove my post because you don't care or you don't think its a big issue but I really think i'm speaking for everyone that plays on your servers when I say something needs to change. If you don't believe me then here are links to a couple of YouTubers that play on your servers and have the same issues.
The list could go on and on but enough of that.
I know a lot of big youtubers go about these issues the wrong way and I am trying to be as polite as possible about this so please hear me out and consider my requests.
Some people say its to late and MCSG will never be the same but I believe you guys can still fix it.
Here are a few of my suggestions:
1. BadLion has anticheat which proves to be much more effective than the Anti Cheat on MCGamer. If you guys could get that or even something similar that would be great!
2. You guys really need to fix the bugs such as food taking 3 tries to eat and many others before you even consider adding new features.
3. Make clans a bit more official by maybe making separate Clan Battle lobbies that staff need to move you to and ref because the amount of people that come on alts and mess up clan battles is crazy. Hardly any clans play legit these days and it needs to change especially now that there are clan leaderboards (but fix the bugs first).
4. Focus on SG like you used to. Bring back your players and make your server the superior Survival Games server again. Maybe even remove 1.8 all together because its really not good for PvP. And I would highly suggest never updating to 1.9 because they are going about that all wrong.
Thanks for taking your time to read this and seriously consider what I have said because this is coming from the experience of someone that has played throughout MCGamer's ups and downs.
I am officially done.
i like u a lot now thx :)

Spitzify

Career
Reaction score
For all the bugs and glitches out there the Devs take time out of their day going through 100 lines of code just to find a bug. It is not that simple that it will just fix at the snap of your fingers.

Edit from cam: Hundreds of Thousands of lines of code. If not millions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sebastian

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
In advance to this thread, if there is any flame on this thread, it will be locked. So, please do not cause any flame. This is your warning.

CarrotTop

Quantum
Reaction score
As Spitz said, its not that easy to fix code at the snap of your fingers, you have to go through each line of code and find the problem.

Also, the devs do use the bug report github page, so if you do come across a bug, it can help them find it faster by reporting it HERE.

KidSnatcher

Tribute
Reaction score
As Spitz said, its not that easy to fix code at the snap of your fingers, you have to go through each line of code and find the problem.

Also, the devs do use the bug report github page, so if you do come across a bug, it can help them find it faster by reporting it HERE.
I'm not trying to say they are bad at their job its just MCSG is legit dying and it would be sad to see it go. I don't want this to end up like what happened when the youtubers tried to start some kind of "revolution" because they did go about that the wrong way. So this post was mainly to encourage the community to post suggestions to help bring the old community back. The MCSG spirit is gone and everyone these days is rude and don't care about anything but wins so don't take this the wrong way please. And there are really to many hackers these days to enjoy the game anymore.

wtf2shens

Career
Reaction score
For all the bugs and glitches out there the Devs take time out of their day going through 100 lines of code just to find a bug. It is not that simple that it will just fix at the snap of your fingers.

Edit from cam: Hundreds of Thousands of lines of code. If not millions.
that just shows that the system probably needs to be reworked from scratch to create something easier for the devs to use?????

i am 100% that mcsg doesnt need hundreds of thousands of lines of code and that everything could be simpler and compacted down

btw this has been going on for months, i can snap my finger in less time than 2-3 months

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci