• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Fix MCSG

Stealthy

District 13
Reaction score
As Spitz said, its not that easy to fix code at the snap of your fingers, you have to go through each line of code and find the problem.

Also, the devs do use the bug report github page, so if you do come across a bug, it can help them find it faster by reporting it HERE.
well then if an update has a lot of bugs, why release it

HippoTheNoodle

Survivor
Reaction score
that just shows that the system probably needs to be reworked from scratch to create something easier for the devs to use?????

i am 100% that mcsg doesnt need hundreds of thousands of lines of code and that everything could be simpler and compacted down

btw this has been going on for months, i can snap my finger in less time than 2-3 months
Hahahahaha
Have you ever tried coding java?
It's the same with any software, there isn't a "fix bugs" button, it takes a lot of hard work to find the bug, let alone figure out how to fix it.

well then if an update has a lot of bugs, why release it
Because they don't know that there are bugs...

IceCarbonDiabloX

Experienced
Reaction score
Hahahahaha
It's the same with any software, there isn't a "fix bugs" button, it takes a lot of hard work to find the bug, let alone figure out how to fix it.

beta test updates before publicly releasing them...

Coding java is hard, but if other servers can do it (better..) then mcsg should be able to do it too.

KidSnatcher

Tribute
Reaction score
Just so everyone knows I don't want anyone to start insulting the staff/devs so please keep this thread friendly ladies and gents :)

wtf2shens

Career
Reaction score
Hahahahaha

hahaha

the system is way overcomplicated, of course there isn't a fix bugs problem but if you need to go through that much code you should probably start from scratch C:

HippoTheNoodle

Survivor
Reaction score
hahaha

the system is way overcomplicated, of course there isn't a fix bugs problem but if you need to go through that much code you should probably start from scratch C:
That's how much code it takes to run the server.

Divining

Platinum
Reaction score
Let's also keep in mind, lots of these threads have been made with the exact same points as you, address firmly, and locked by a Senior Staff member. There is absolutely no need for another one, trust me.

Can this please be moved to "Moved Discussions?" - AGFire2013 (you're the first staff I remember off the top of my head that's online.)

wtf2shens

Career
Reaction score
Do you know how to write java?
cant say i know enough to be a dev or anything, but i know basics. i've also been around since beta and the same excuse for when someone mindlessly defends the devs is "DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS FOR THEM????" or "YOU DONT KNOW JAVA, YOU CANT DO BETTER" listen man, since you're sooo knowledgeable about everything how come you can't offer any insight to how the devs could fix the problem <:, the same side always defends mcsg's flaws and it's why other servers are more popular rofl, if devs don't fix problems because of all the code either

1) make a new plugin, start from scratch and rebuild form the ground up implementing good ideas and making the code easier to edit

2) fix the bugs faster

3) die out to the competition

but man im not a dev i dont know anything do i >:

HippoTheNoodle

Survivor
Reaction score
cant say i know enough to be a dev or anything, but i know basics. i've also been around since beta and the same excuse for when someone mindlessly defends the devs is "DO YOU KNOW HOW HARD IT IS FOR THEM????" or "YOU DONT KNOW JAVA, YOU CANT DO BETTER" listen man, since you're sooo knowledgeable about everything how come you can't offer any insight to how the devs could fix the problem <:, the same side always defends mcsg's flaws and it's why other servers are more popular rofl, if devs don't fix problems because of all the code either

1) make a new plugin, start from scratch and rebuild form the ground up implementing good ideas and making the code easier to edit

2) fix the bugs faster

3) die out to the competition

but man im not a dev i dont know anything do i >:
The thing is, it took years for them to create this plugin. A new plugin would just be less advanced, and have more bugs.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci