• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

"Fixing MCGamer 1 step at a time" (1.9 update)

quattro204

Survivor
Reaction score
Hey! You might be wondering what i mean my the title. Well i tell you what i mean and how we can make it better. As you might know, right now the server isn't in the "Golden time" like it used to be for many people, including myself. This thread will suggest *one* simple step to get the network into better shape.

You probably heard that the server allows players to log in and play using the minecraft version 1.9, or you have even played it yourself. Well, lets be real here. Who even plays in 1.9? Either by propaganda or just personally not liking the update, not many use it. And the fact that the server *doesn't even allow* any new features of 1.9, whats the point of it being there? https://gyazo.com/2e989bcbc28c640f849403fb90115f7c Yes i do understand that it is possible to play using the newest version (an option in the launcher), but that never really happens. Most players or youtubers use mods such as ToggleSneak, Optifine, direction HUD, and more. They are all forge mods and can't be used if you play using latest version.

The main idea i'm trying to get to is that the 1.9 update isn't worth being here. As you all know, some of our favorite chest routes or special places on maps don't work anymore (May include 1.8 bugs). (Demon's Breeze: Master Sword; Valleyside University: Stone sword from chest under tree; Treacherous Heights V2: Tier 2 in room in the railroad). (My favorite map is T. Heaights V2

These are only *FEW* of the *MANY* glitches 1.9 has caused the server. If these glitches were to be patched up, or the 1.9 server option no longer exists, *MCGamer, will be one step closer to being fixed*.

~quattro204

Cardon

Experienced
Reaction score
Let's not forget the hub pets purchased with those tokens you got if you donated, and seriously, I thought I was the only one when Demon's Breeze's route broke! MCGamer would be better off if 1.9 was removed from the server.

quattro204

Survivor
Reaction score
Let's not forget the hub pets purchased with those tokens you got if you donated, and seriously, I thought I was the only one when Demon's Breeze's route broke! MCGamer would be better off if 1.9 was removed from the server.
Yeah. Its like an unintentional scam in a way.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
The main idea i'm trying to get to is that the 1.9 update isn't worth being here. As you all know, some of our favorite chest routes or special places on maps don't work anymore (May include 1.8 bugs). (Demon's Breeze: Master Sword; Valleyside University: Stone sword from chest under tree; Treacherous Heights V2: Tier 2 in room in the railroad). (My favorite map is T. Heaights V2
Umm that has nothing to do with 1.9. Those items were removed intentionally from the maps by the staff team. 1.9 being on the network causes no issues for the 1.7 and 1.8 clients as far as I can tell. 1.9 is the least of MCGamer's problems at the moment.

quattro204

Survivor
Reaction score
Umm that has nothing to do with 1.9. Those items were removed intentionally from the maps by the staff team. 1.9 being on the network causes no issues for the 1.7 and 1.8 clients as far as I can tell. 1.9 being on the network is the least of MCGamer's problems at the moment.
So what your'e telling me is that they broke all the redstone because the staff wanted it? None of them are even close to over-powers so whats the big idea?

quattro204

Survivor
Reaction score
Umm that has nothing to do with 1.9. Those items were removed intentionally from the maps by the staff team. 1.9 being on the network causes no issues for the 1.7 and 1.8 clients as far as I can tell. 1.9 is the least of MCGamer's problems at the moment.
Actually that isn't true because i dont play mcsg on 1.9 and all of them still dont work...

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
So what your'e telling me is that they broke all the redstone because the staff wanted it? None of them are even close to over-powers so whats the big idea?
The master sword on Demons Breeze encouraged block glitching for the lazy players that decided it was worth breaking the rules than solving the puzzle.

Stone sword on Valleyside caused MAJOR issues with clans.

At the end of the day it just made sense to revert the maps to chests only.

Actually that isn't true because i dont play mcsg on 1.9 and all of them still dont work...
It is not a bug. If you are on 1.9, 1.8, or 1.7 you will not be able to get the items simply because they do not exist. The only way to get the items is to take a time machine and travel back in time to when they were part of the map.

Last edited:

quattro204

Survivor
Reaction score
The master sword on Demons Breeze encouraged block glitching for the lazy players that decided it was worth breaking the rules than solving the puzzle.

Stone sword on Valleyside caused MAJOR issues with clans.

At the end of the day it just made sense to revert the maps to chests only.

It is not a bug. If you are on 1.9, 1.8, or 1.7 you will not be able to get the items simply because they do not exist. The only way to get the items is to take a time machine and travel back in time to when they were part of the map.
Doesn't it make sense to use MCSG maker for clan battles? The server shouldn't even allow people to use the normal SG for clan battles for the reasons like: Ruins others games by getting 6 teamed, sometimes can get ruined by other players not participating, or targeting. Seems like a good idea to make MCSG maker one time a day/week/whatever for people with no donator rank now that you bring up clans.
Also on demon's breeze you physically cannot block glitch to get the sword, because there is a dispenser, and on the server you cant open dispensers. You would have to press the button, then block glitch to get in, which is impossible. im sorry if that part isnt correct i havent seen it done in a very long time.

arsenal

District 13
Reaction score
Doesn't it make sense to use MCSG maker for clan battles? The server shouldn't even allow people to use the normal SG for clan battles for the reasons like: Ruins others games by getting 6 teamed, sometimes can get ruined by other players not participating, or targeting. Seems like a good idea to make MCSG maker one time a day/week/whatever for people with no donator rank now that you bring up clans.
Also on demon's breeze you physically cannot block glitch to get the sword, because there is a dispenser, and on the server you cant open dispensers. You would have to press the button, then block glitch to get in, which is impossible. im sorry if that part isnt correct i havent seen it done in a very long time.
Yeah, the block glitching may have been fixed. But, still the point that you are trying to make in this thread is very unclear. Are you trying to say that 1.9 is causing issues? If so I don't see any. Are you trying to say that the items should be re-added to the maps? If so please clarify in your thread. It is very confusing.

quattro204

Survivor
Reaction score
Yeah, the block glitching may have been fixed. But, still the point that you are trying to make in this thread is very unclear. Are you trying to say that 1.9 is causing issues? If so I don't see any. Are you trying to say that the items should be re-added to the maps? If so please clarify in your thread. It is very confusing.
Nobody uses 1.9
Why is it here
Ruined the pet system/hub credits people pay real money for
Certain redstone things dont work
Yes i am actually trying to get some of those it ems back but the real point is... what is the point of 1.9 if 1.7-8 arent even perfected... they have to many glitches and things like that, it completely unnecessary...

quattro204

Survivor
Reaction score
I understand what your saying, but what im saying is that there is 0 need for the 1.9 update when there is nothing GOOD being done/productive, its not even an upgrade... Basically just there... However redstone is broken for the T. heights, the door dosent even open when you click the lever, it only moves towards you once. that has been happening since 1.9 has been added to the server, ruining my route. (pops out of wall). items should be re-added because none of them are overpowered, in demons breeze obviously a iron sword wont be overpowered, but since there is like 2 tier 2's in that chest route it can be very helpful sometimes.

FusionDeck

Career
Reaction score
You have many good points, however sense you make is none. Color I love, people should use more color in posts of theirs.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci