• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

for all the quiters and leavers.

Roman_Reigns

Survivor
Reaction score
I left MCSG a while ago, got bored...
I've noticed so many people leaving, people who I really respect.
Yes from the first sentence I wrote I've also left because I got bored, but really I'm only leaving for a month or so. I'm not going to get into any other games either. This way after a month you can actually be exited to come back.
Trust me guys, take this advice.

I'm really missing the people who don't like me, and who are up top on my region have quiting/getting bored and playing rarley.

I really want to continue playing with you Australian plebs :3 each one of you's I respect. From DieHole to Cameron, to Nick and even to many of the other boys and girls.

Roman_Reigns

Survivor
Reaction score
Just to dispatch something, I clicked post thread once? It's posted like 5... Nephilim can you do anything about this?

Cameron

Diamond
Reaction score
I'm really surprised that I got a mention (assuming I'm the only Cameron that used to play MCSG in Australia) thanks c:, but I'm going to give you some real talk.

MCSG is an outdated game-mode in which I mean that it has so many problems it's hard to make it a fairly balanced and fun game every-time. I'm going to make a lot of comparisons to league (the game I play mainly now) to compare this to MCSG, and don't be telling me it's "MCGamer because it has multiple game-modes not just 1" because lets be realistic here, barely anyone plays those game-modes.

Most of this is not really MCSG's fault, but the game itself. The game idea is fantastic and it clearly shows with how much its grown in three years, but minecraft alone does has barely any to no development in the pvp area. Some of you will say "but Cameron, 1.9 is all going to be about pvp what are you saying!" Well I'll keep to my words until the update goes live and does something great to change and diversify pvp. The most that we have at our disposal is a sword in which skill with the sword either depends on how you move/interact with the environment or clicking speed, bow which is op as if in the right hands just a hard weapon to master, FnS which is way to strong by the by. Disagree? It slows you, making it easier to bow you down and get fishing rod combo's, takes down 3.5 hearts and takes up half your screen. If anything in this pvp update I hope they reduce damage and how much it takes up your but not the slow because that can lead to, as they call it in league, "strategic diversity," which MCSG lacks. And then the fishing rod which you literally spam with your numbers so you get the first hit then back out and do it again which is not fun to deal without a rod. This is why this game gets boring over other games like league or cs:go because they have strategy. Yeah, MCSG has strategy as well but a first timer doesn't take long to be a good MCSG player while in other games there is a distinct skill level in each rank of cs:go or league (whichever is your preferred game).

I could go on about teams, hackers, the amount of hate in a block game T_T, but you've all heard that a billion times so I'll spare you for now.

And that's why I got bored, and no matter what happens, other games will entertain me as I have goals to achieve in other games and in life in general. MCSG is over for me until some really big changes come in place (and if phoenix gets unblacklisted and if I finally hear good stuff about the staff).

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I'm really surprised that I got a mention (assuming I'm the only Cameron that used to play MCSG in Australia) thanks c:, but I'm going to give you some real talk.

MCSG is an outdated game-mode in which I mean that it has so many problems it's hard to make it a fairly balanced and fun game every-time. I'm going to make a lot of comparisons to league (the game I play mainly now) to compare this to MCSG, and don't be telling me it's "MCGamer because it has multiple game-modes not just 1" because lets be realistic here, barely anyone plays those game-modes.

Most of this is not really MCSG's fault, but the game itself. The game idea is fantastic and it clearly shows with how much its grown in three years, but minecraft alone does has barely any to no development in the pvp area. Some of you will say "but Cameron, 1.9 is all going to be about pvp what are you saying!" Well I'll keep to my words until the update goes live and does something great to change and diversify pvp. The most that we have at our disposal is a sword in which skill with the sword either depends on how you move/interact with the environment or clicking speed, bow which is op as if in the right hands just a hard weapon to master, FnS which is way to strong by the by. Disagree? It slows you, making it easier to bow you down and get fishing rod combo's, takes down 3.5 hearts and takes up half your screen. If anything in this pvp update I hope they reduce damage and how much it takes up your but not the slow because that can lead to, as they call it in league, "strategic diversity," which MCSG lacks. And then the fishing rod which you literally spam with your numbers so you get the first hit then back out and do it again which is not fun to deal without a rod. This is why this game gets boring over other games like league or cs:go because they have strategy. Yeah, MCSG has strategy as well but a first timer doesn't take long to be a good MCSG player while in other games there is a distinct skill level in each rank of cs:go or league (whichever is your preferred game).

I could go on about teams, hackers, the amount of hate in a block game T_T, but you've all heard that a billion times so I'll spare you for now.

And that's why I got bored, and no matter what happens, other games will entertain me as I have goals to achieve in other games and in life in general. MCSG is over for me until some really big changes come in place (and if phoenix gets unblacklisted and if I finally hear good stuff about the staff).
I agree with how you've explained the issues with PvP mechanics. There used to be a higher amount of strategic diversity back in the double-tap days because it added one more thing that people had to pay attention to. Now it's just hoping you get the first rod hit and you can practically kill anybody, no matter their armor or weapon thanks to the 1.8 misplacement. I can foresee 1.9 as being a disaster, and all of the survival players being listened to on what they think would improve PvP, so I'm assuming we'll have all kinds of assorted weapons with these weird abilities that would just mess with a game of MCSG, then if they add sword-based location damage, you can walk up to someone in full iron with full leather and just headshot them, this is another thing that makes aimbot more powerful because it aims for the head. I'm sure there will be positives in 1.9, but I prepare to brace for the worst. There's still a chance it will actually be cool.

If they made it so that rods lose durability when you cast them, not bring them in, it would reduce a lot of rod spam, because the "infinite" trick wouldn't work anymore. I'd love to see that happen. I feel like a lot of these problems like people complaining about ping, the 1.8 misplacement, etc. would all be solved if the sprint key was just removed. That would make things so much smoother, or maybe it's just cause even after a year and a half of the sprint key I still struggle with it ;-;

Reaction score
I agree with how you've explained the issues with PvP mechanics. There used to be a higher amount of strategic diversity back in the double-tap days because it added one more thing that people had to pay attention to. Now it's just hoping you get the first rod hit and you can practically kill anybody, no matter their armor or weapon thanks to the 1.8 misplacement. I can foresee 1.9 as being a disaster, and all of the survival players being listened to on what they think would improve PvP, so I'm assuming we'll have all kinds of assorted weapons with these weird abilities that would just mess with a game of MCSG, then if they add sword-based location damage, you can walk up to someone in full iron with full leather and just headshot them, this is another thing that makes aimbot more powerful because it aims for the head. I'm sure there will be positives in 1.9, but I prepare to brace for the worst. There's still a chance it will actually be cool.

If they made it so that rods lose durability when you cast them, not bring them in, it would reduce a lot of rod spam, because the "infinite" trick wouldn't work anymore. I'd love to see that happen. I feel like a lot of these problems like people complaining about ping, the 1.8 misplacement, etc. would all be solved if the sprint key was just removed. That would make things so much smoother, or maybe it's just cause even after a year and a half of the sprint key I still struggle with it ;-;

^^Agreed, on top of that, this causes just people with really good ping is bound to win pretty much every single game, because there rod hits & sword hits register a lot faster.

Lebron12

Quantum
Reaction score
If double-tap sprint was required in PvP and auto-sprint was removed, I would have to say MCSG would no longer be a game based purely on ping, and on skill, like it always used to be. Plz Mojang, allow for servers to disable the sprint-key, BibleThump.

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
If double-tap sprint was required in PvP and auto-sprint was removed, I would have to say MCSG would no longer be a game based purely on ping, and on skill, like it always used to be. Plz Mojang, allow for servers to disable the sprint-key, BibleThump.
AGREEEED BROTHER. AMEN

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
I used to be so good when double tap was around! Im not sure if I could master it again but it would still be pretty fun :)

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
I used to be so good when double tap was around! Im not sure if I could master it again but it would still be pretty fun :)
I can tell you that it would lower the skill of the average player, and make PvP more difficult to master. A move like this would separate the true good players from the people who just spam the sprint key :)

smashmaster

Platinum
Reaction score
I can tell you that it would lower the skill of the average player, and make PvP more difficult to master. A move like this would separate the true good players from the people who just spam the sprint key :)
Ye, also you want to know the back story behind Kerbals? He was really good at double tapping. I wonder if I could get decent at it again? It would be hard but fun at the same time :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci