• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Forairan - Meet the Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ava

Administrator
Reaction score
First name: Devin
IGN(s): Forairan
Nickname(s): Devin, sixzoseven (long story)
Region: USA
-----

One Cool Fact: I started playing Minecraft on January 1, 2011 and started working for MCSG on January 1, 2013. That is an exactly 2 year difference, not to mention that both events happened on New Year's Day.
One Embarrassing Fact: I accidentally managed to break every single MCSG server once by pushing the core plugin twice, when I really meant to push one copy of the core plugin and one copy of the MCSG plugin. "Wait... only 800 players on Memorial Day weekend?" "Oh... s***..."
One Fact that makes you proud: The fact that I'm involved in the development and maintenance of one of the largest Minecraft communities in the world.
One Fact no one would ever guess about you: I'm not always as strict as I seem; I like to have fun a lot of the time, you just have to not get on my bad side.
Most Common question you get asked: "can i be moderatr plz i hav lot of exprinc"
People you get in trouble with Chad with: @Dave
Personal Catchphrase: "You're gonna have a bad time." (Shared with @Dave)
Heard about MCG by: I work at CubedHost, and MCSG was (and still is) being hosted by us.
Ever Bring someone to MCG: @dv90
First friend in the community: Technically, the first friend I've had in the community is @subv3rsion, considering I knew him for about 8 years before I even joined MCSG.
Things that you’ve done/are proud of: Assisted in creation of the v2 plugin and led development of many new features.
Who would win in a fight, you or Chad?: Me, as proven by many test games.
Call me maybe? No.
Do you team in game: If you even have to ask - no.
Have you been backstabbed: Yes, during a staff game by @Dave .
Ever broken a bone: Nope!
Would you rather be a fish or a bird?: wat
Computer specs:
Desktop (main PC):
Intel Core i7-3770K
16GB DDR3 1600 RAM
WD Black 1TB HDD
NVIDIA GeForce 660 Ti

Laptop (iOS development, etc):
MacBook Pro (15-inch, mid-2012)
8GB RAM
Samsung 83o Series 256GB SSD
NVIDIA GeForce 650M
OS: Dual-boot between OS X 10.9 (Mavericks) and Windows 8.1.

Home server (for testing):
Intel Core i3-3240
4GB DDR3 1333 RAM
WD Red (NAS) 1TB HDD

Program I use to record: Fraps
Favorite movie: Terminator 2
Favorite music genre/band/song/artist/composer: Pretty much anything that isn't rap/metal/country. A few favorites are Pink Floyd, Boston, Avicii, Zedd, and Swedish House Mafia.
Favorite game (other than Minecraft): GTA 5.
What does a fox say? Absolutely nothing, because foxes can't speak English.
Terrified of: Spiders and bees.
Personal website: http://forairan.com - Rarely updated (I still have the original WordPress blog post on there!).
Favorite website (Other than these forums): If you want to go based on most visited, I'd say either the Bukkit forums or Spigot forums; if you want to go based on favorite site in general, Google. :D
What job you currently are doing, or plan to do: Currently working here at MCSG as a developer and at CubedHost as a system administrator/developer.
Favorite thing about the community: I find it amazing that a community this large was amassed from a gametype based on a series of books which itself is based on a game that uses blocks. :)
-----

Roles and Responsibilities:
  1. Create the plugins that allow the servers to operate.
  2. Maintain the servers and keep them in proper working order.
  3. Improve the servers and gametype based on community suggestions.
  4. Update the servers when a new Minecraft update has been released.
  5. Handle assignment of in-game staff ranks (though it's usually not me that does them).
When I am online: Usually any day after 3:30 PM CST.
Been a member of staff since: January 1, 2013.
Servers most active on (MCSG, Creative, Survival, etc): MCSG.
Personal goal(s) as a staff member: Improve the game and make it the best it can possibly be.
How to contact me: Email [email protected].

Pixelatorx2

Platinum
Reaction score
FIRST

Potatoe Jr.

Still think your da best Dev (lel) Also, Where do I apply for translator for the new plugin xD.
can i be moderatr plz i hav lot of exprinc

Canaan

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Good Job. I read through the whole thing. I am proud of myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci