• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Freeze Vs. Breeze

Freeze or Breeze?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

yuraleth

Survivor
Reaction score
Well, I am back again after my last post a couple days ago I decided to make another based on a less opinionated topic because of what I learned last time. Either way I enjoyed reading your comments on my last post both positive and negative.
Since that is out of the way, I purpose this, is Freeze Island going to slaughter Breeze Island in votes? In my honest opinion I would say, indecisive leaning more towards Breeze and I will tell you why.
Breeze as you all know and "love" has a particular element to it that almost no other map really does, water battles. Before I move on I dislike water battles, they are long, boring and too unfair if a bow and arrow is in play, or visa versa. Moving on though if you were to look at any other map that is in the voting options almost every single one of them is completely land (excluding Holiday Resort because of how new it is). This means that Breeze has the attraction or repulsion of the water battle element. Another reason these two maps are competing against each other is because they are both overplayed. You may ask why I am making this claim on Freeze and the one simple reason is that they, are pretty much the same map. You now also be questioning why I would be making this post if in fact they are both overplayed. This is because of a simple reason, copies are not good. If I were to take SG4 and remake it but with different material and a few slight chest differences only one would be played. One would be completely rejected because of a few simple details. Will this be the same for Breeze and Freeze? Well, not quite, considering they are made by the same team (Static_nightmare) they will not be disregarded just because of which came out first or which was "original". In my opinion I truly think that Breeze will be the one to stay, even though I would much prefer Freeze I think the water being a safe haven sometimes and being a nuisance others, along with the fact that is "dear" to everyone's hearts will make it stay and Freeze go.
Honestly I still haven't made a decision though so I would love to know what you think and why below.
Signing off,
~Yuraleth

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
I prefer Freeze Island. I find it much easier to fight on ice than in water, and instead of bows having the advantage, they have a disadvantage since they are harder to use while the person is speeding along way faster than normal. There are also a bunch of new aspects, like the igloo area. And I really like the 2 ships, and how they are destroyed. There are even crazy creatures in them :) And the volcano is also a lot bigger which I find to be awesome :) There are some new chests too. One thing I don't like though is the cornucopia. Running on ice to a cornucopia is just annoying to me and I don't like doing it very much. Of course, I survive, but it still is quite annoying.
But I thought it was krackan who made Freeze Island? I don't think static_nightmare had anything to do with it, but I don't know for sure. Could you please answer that for us, Mr. Static? :p

yuraleth

Survivor
Reaction score
I could have sworn it was static and I do agree with you its just I feel Breeze will be more overplayed than freeze :(

Matt_The Dreamer

Mockingjay
Reaction score
The fact that when Freeze comes up people shout "SKIPPPPPPP" tells me a bit about the opinion on the map. I have actually never played Freeze yet. Like I said they always skip It.

duckluv321

District 13
Reaction score
I don't mind either. They both provide (in my opinion), fun gameplay, which is always what I look for.

Freeze island is great. I love it simply for the buildings, and the additional things added that really spice it up in general. If I go back to the buildings, I absolutely love those. The avalanche with the toppled tree, the additional boats, and my-oh-my, Le0 's amazing ice-dragon. All these things just make Breeze so much more eye-appealing, and even adds to the gameplay--esthetic more or less.
Unfortunately, for me, the ice downs the gameplay significantly for me. Sure, it's better than ice, but it's so difficult to take out teams with FnS, as well as the slippery slope you constantly find yourself running on.
Again, I love the buildings, overall gameplay, and esthetic, but the ice is a problem for me.

Breeze was always fun in my opinion. Although water fights are slightly annoying, I've never really 'despised' them.
I chose Breeze in the pole simply because (in my opinion) water fights are a lot easier, with tools like boats and bows.

Venkin

Career
Reaction score
What's about Demon's Island? :( this is my favorite of the 3 Islands, but its not in the poll so i cant answer the it

yuraleth

Survivor
Reaction score
What's about Demon's Island? :( this is my favorite of the 3 Islands, but its not in the poll so i cant answer the it
I was waiting for someone to say that xD The only reason I didn't talk about demons is because it lags, A lot. Not for some people per say but I think people have a lot of trouble handling that map performance wise.

HalfSquirrel

Diamond
Reaction score
Demon Island is a different sort of thing though. It's more like you have to fight on blocks, otherwise it's lava underneath you which is impossible.

Venkin

Career
Reaction score
Demon Island is a different sort of thing though. It's more like you have to fight on blocks, otherwise it's lava underneath you which is impossible.
You are right, but its also a breeze island version i think, or not?

BlitzCometITU

Diamond
Reaction score
I was waiting for someone to say that xD The only reason I didn't talk about demons is because it lags, A lot. Not for some people per say but I think people have a lot of trouble handling that map performance wise.
How have you not realized to turn down your sound. Facepalm. All the noise coming from the lava is what causes it to lag.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci