• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Friend Rank Getting Removed

TheRealAussie

District 13
Reaction score
I know a lot of you are going to disagree with this, but I want to see your opinions on this.

I personally think the Friend Rank should be removed. I know a lot of people that have this rank and I generally think it may have been a good idea.

However, this rank gives people an incentive to resign from moderator because they know they can get free donor even after they resign. Now, I'm not saying that all moderators do this at all.

I do however, think it is OK for people who are friends with Sr. Staff should receive this rank, but I generally don't have a large opinion on this.

What do you guys think?

4non

Platinum
Reaction score
I say that a Moderator has to be a Moderator for a certain time before they can get the friend rank if they resign.

BetaPuffle

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I say that a Moderator has to be a Moderator for a certain time before they can get the friend rank if they resign.
Which is exactly what it is now or depending on how good of a moderator they are

Kraken

Mapping Team Lead
Reaction score
Friend rank is only given to those who the administrative staff think deserve it. It isn't a prerequisite of friend to just resign from moderator, you have to have proven yourself as trustworthy, hardworking and mature. If they administrators don't think someone doesn't deserve friend rank when they resign, they aren't given it. This is mostly the case when someone is removed from staff. The friend rank is a special thank-you gift from Chad, to those who gave up their free time to better the community. If friend rank were removed, it would be an incentive NOT to resign, even if they didn't want to be a moderator anymore.

RTGxxKaos

Career
Reaction score
Not the best idea in reality. Reason is because some people earn the "Friend Rank." Also, if there was no friend rank their would be to many VIP's on the servers. I do agree that these ranks somewhat lost their preciousness due to the fact that many people have it nowadays.

Fox

Diamond
Reaction score
Now, think of this for a second. If its already hard enough to implement a new rank —thats why the idea of a building rank didn't succeed— imagine removing a rank that many players have?
Now, friend rank is not a requirement. Its only given to those who were active as a moderator and have proven to deserve it.
Now, in The Hive theres no friend rank. if a mod resigns they get emerald donor and if they already have emerald donor they get nothing.
Personally, I think friend rank shouldn't be removed. Resigned staff should feel proud of it as it was given for doing their job efficiently. And as Krackan said, if friend rank didn't existed moderators wouldn't resign, as moderator rank acts itself as donor to join games without difficulty to accomplish mod duties, but also have fun.

Last edited:
Reactions: DK

croe97

District 13
Reaction score
To be honest I completely agree with you. Maybe at the least the name of this rank should be changed. I mean, these people aren't necessarily friend's with anyone yet they still get the 'friend rank'. Maybe a past staff rank would be better and instead of getting it after being staff for one month they could increase it so that people are simply becoming a mod for the rank.

BlueBeetleHD

Platinum
Reaction score
To be honest I completely agree with you. Maybe at the least the name of this rank should be changed. I mean, these people aren't necessarily friend's with anyone yet they still get the 'friend rank'. Maybe a past staff rank would be better and instead of getting it after being staff for one month they could increase it so that people are simply becoming a mod for the rank.
Moderators who retire after one month do not necessarily get friend rank. As Kracken previously stated, friend rank is only given to those who the administration believe is deserving of it.

croe97

District 13
Reaction score
Moderators who retire after one month do not necessarily get friend rank. As Kracken previously stated, friend rank is only given to those who the administration believe is deserving of it.
So I may be exaggerating as I know not all moderators get friend after a month. Although, I'm sure some moderators do apply for just the rank.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci