• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Future Forum Feature Suggestion

Blamph

District 13
Reaction score
Hi there! I'm not exactly sure where to post this, as there's no general forum feature section. So if staff wants to move this to a better section that they see fit, that would be great :). This is just a small feature that popped up in my head a minute ago:

One thing I've always loved about Reddit is that you can sort posts in a thread by newest, top (most popular), oldest, etc. When the forum gets its next big makeover, if this hasn't been put into the to do list, I think a feature like this would be greatly appreciate by all of us frequent forum browsers. Often times I find that I missed a thread that became popular, and I don't have the time or even the patience to sit and look through all of the posts. Having a post sorting feature would be amazing for those who want to see things like the top liked comments (usually the most meaningful or funny).

While I was typing this, another forum feature popped up into my head that might be useful. A way to see and sort through the hottest topics of the day, without having to search manually for a fairly long time. I've missed the chance to post on quite a few controversial and great threads while they were still active, because I simply wasn't online during the time that the majority of the people were posting on them. This led them to falling onto page 2-3, and I'll admit, I don't usually bother going to those pages.

Thanks!

masond123

Platinum
Reaction score
Not a bad idea! I would like to see this implemented, however, I could forsee some competition and post-boosting issues to get your thread to the top... Overall, a good idea.

Blamph

District 13
Reaction score
Not a bad idea! I would like to see this implemented, however, I could forsee some competition and post-boosting issues to get your thread to the top... Overall, a good idea.
Thanks! Yeah, that issue ran through my head also. But overall, as long as the default sorting option when you click on a new thread is "newest posts first" or "oldest posts first", then post boosting won't be considered as often. Not to mention it'll be widely looked down upon by the overall community.

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
Hi there! I'm not exactly sure where to post this, as there's no general forum feature section. So if staff wants to move this to a better section that they see fit, that would be great :). This is just a small feature that popped up in my head a minute ago:

One thing I've always loved about Reddit is that you can sort posts in a thread by newest, top (most popular), oldest, etc. When the forum gets its next big makeover, if this hasn't been put into the to do list, I think a feature like this would be greatly appreciate by all of us frequent forum browsers. Often times I find that I missed a thread that became popular, and I don't have the time or even the patience to sit and look through all of the posts. Having a post sorting feature would be amazing for those who want to see things like the top liked comments (usually the most meaningful or funny).

While I was typing this, another forum feature popped up into my head that might be useful. A way to see and sort through the hottest topics of the day, without having to search manually for a fairly long time. I've missed the chance to post on quite a few controversial and great threads while they were still active, because I simply wasn't online during the time that the majority of the people were posting on them. This led them to falling onto page 2-3, and I'll admit, I don't usually bother going to those pages.

Thanks!
Good ideas! I like them!
My only concern is how possible these are based on Xenforo limitations, but since I dont have much knowledge on that, Im not too sure wether or not limitations ar a problem.

Sarchikani

Platinum
Reaction score
The one feature I always wanted to see added was a filter. So I can hit whats new and disable clans and teams threads from popping up. 80% of the threads under what's new are clan threads... Although these are great suggestions, Xenforo is a very limited template for forums. I am not sure there are too many addons for Xenforo that can cover the suggestions you mentioned, but maybe they are out there somewhere.

Reaction score
The hottest topic idea sounds awesome! Now about the oldest/top section that reminds you of reddit (Btw I love reddit). That's a different story. Because if we had the oldest thread section people would post "Lol this is the oldest thread look at me lolol". Then it would get necroed. Same with the Top section section as long as its a month old. What i'm trying to say is if this idea was implemented it should have the newest, hottest topic, and popular. Because people would troll the older popular threads.

But your this sounds like an awesome idea!

I'm just posting my opinion because i'm weird and tired because its 12:27PM.
I don't think I will remember posting this tomorrow...

Blamph

District 13
Reaction score
Good ideas! I like them!
My only concern is how possible these are based on Xenforo limitations, but since I dont have much knowledge on that, Im not too sure wether or not limitations ar a problem.
I'm not knowledgeable with Xenforo myself, so I'm not sure. But if I recall from that major summer update post, that the forums will be no longer using Xenforo, or possibly even hard coded from nothing. Alas, I could be speaking out of my butt here, haha.

Ikanacanyon7

District 13
Reaction score
I'm not knowledgeable with Xenforo myself, so I'm not sure. But if I recall from that major summer update post, that the forums will be no longer using Xenforo, or possibly even hard coded from nothing. Alas, I could be speaking out of my butt here, haha.
Well that could be it, and hopefully it is! That would open up a lot more possible improvements and updates to the forums!
Then again, we all sort of speak out of out butts when it comes to Xenforo to be honest :p (unless you are a developer of course haha)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci