• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Futuristic Medieval - Survival Games Map

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveFilms

Spectator
Reaction score
Name Of Map: Futuristic Medieval
Lead Builder/Build Team Name: Team SteveFilms
Game Type: Survival Games (SG)
Description Of The Map:
Chest's: about 280 - 300 Tier 1, 15 - 20 Tier 2 (Forgot to Count, it's enough atleast)
24 Player Map
276 Blocks Radius - Center of Corucopia to GlassDome
Several Parkour Challanges
Plenty of Chest's
2 Large Mountain's - WorldPainter, 2 Small mountain's - selfmade (no mcedit etc.)
Map is based on the Medieval Times with some futuristic technology to is like a blimp and a futuristic cornucopia
Made by Only 3 people (ProRespire, ProVebizz and SteveFilmsHD) Check out on Youtube:
https://www.youtube.com/user/SteveFilmsHD (Have recorded + uploaded "Building the map")
Map Trailer:
Video/ScreenShots:
javaw 2014-06-22 12-04-32-14.jpg

javaw 2014-06-22 12-05-07-21.jpg

javaw 2014-06-22 12-05-16-85.jpg

javaw 2014-06-22 12-06-48-81.jpg

javaw 2014-06-22 12-06-03-09.jpg

javaw 2014-06-22 12-09-12-55.jpg

javaw 2014-06-22 12-09-02-32.jpg

javaw 2014-06-22 12-08-14-13.jpg

javaw 2014-06-22 12-07-19-36.jpg

Cords Of Corn and Deathmatch Arena: x=-194 z=175 (That is the exact Center of map) No Deathmatch Arena, The Center is the DMArena!
Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/?8ouej5scx3nnbhs
PlanetMinecraft:
http://www.planetminecraft.com/project/futuristic-medieval---minecraft-survival-games-map/

Attachments

xxSPUxx

Platinum
Reaction score
This looks sick but reminds me a little of teweran survival games in 1 picture, looks sick though.

Raidon

Experienced
Reaction score
Nice, but here's some tips:

OP chest placement: Tier 2 chest's should be hard to get to, whether a bloodbath at corn or a challenging parkour. Your underground dungeon has a double tier 2 and 4 tier 1's enough to give a player full iron armour and a decent weapon (possibly the win too). Although you do have a parkour going to it, it is very easy. I also don't really like the design of the dungeon, possibly add some detail.

Terraforming: One of the most important things in any map is terraforming. As well as terraforming the inside of the map, doing the outside is key, as it gives a overall good look to the map. Bone meal the outside terrain, use WorldEdit to make hills and make small buildings outside. Also, I do not recommend using WorldPainter for a build, this makes the terrain very smooth, natural terrain looks nothing like WorldPainter terrain. I suggest a redo with WorldEdit.

Name: What does Futuristic Medieval mean? You must pick one time frame, futuristic or medieval. If you're thinking of having a Medieval village in the future, it won't work. I don't think these times go together and plus, where is all the futuristic stuff, I can't spot anything that looks post-medieval.

Detail: I suggest a redo of the walls, they look fairly basic and have little block variation. Add half slabs, stairs and other blocks to make it look better. Also, change the stone brick out with more stone bricks, some mossy stone brick, cracked stone brick, cobblestone and more. I have also noticed your buildings look alike, copied and pasted from a original. Maybe slightly edit each building in a different way to make them look unique.

Trees: No matter how well built a map is, it needs to be good for PvP or it will fail. If you have open land with buildings no cliffs, and small terrain change, then it will be excellent for PvP. If a map has mountains, a few forests and wall everywhere, then it will not be good for PvP. Please try and remove these forests, they will make it hard to PvP. Also, add some custom trees, not vanilla ones. These make a good looking map.

Buildings: Nothing much more detailed here than: Add some more buildings, the terrain is bare in places.

Thanks for Listening!
Raidon

SteveFilms

Spectator
Reaction score
Nice, but here's some tips:

OP chest placement: Tier 2 chest's should be hard to get to, whether a bloodbath at corn or a challenging parkour. Your underground dungeon has a double tier 2 and 4 tier 1's enough to give a player full iron armour and a decent weapon (possibly the win too). Although you do have a parkour going to it, it is very easy. I also don't really like the design of the dungeon, possibly add some detail.

Terraforming: One of the most important things in any map is terraforming. As well as terraforming the inside of the map, doing the outside is key, as it gives a overall good look to the map. Bone meal the outside terrain, use WorldEdit to make hills and make small buildings outside. Also, I do not recommend using WorldPainter for a build, this makes the terrain very smooth, natural terrain looks nothing like WorldPainter terrain. I suggest a redo with WorldEdit.

Name: What does Futuristic Medieval mean? You must pick one time frame, futuristic or medieval. If you're thinking of having a Medieval village in the future, it won't work. I don't think these times go together and plus, where is all the futuristic stuff, I can't spot anything that looks post-medieval.

Detail: I suggest a redo of the walls, they look fairly basic and have little block variation. Add half slabs, stairs and other blocks to make it look better. Also, change the stone brick out with more stone bricks, some mossy stone brick, cracked stone brick, cobblestone and more. I have also noticed your buildings look alike, copied and pasted from a original. Maybe slightly edit each building in a different way to make them look unique.

Trees: No matter how well built a map is, it needs to be good for PvP or it will fail. If you have open land with buildings no cliffs, and small terrain change, then it will be excellent for PvP. If a map has mountains, a few forests and wall everywhere, then it will not be good for PvP. Please try and remove these forests, they will make it hard to PvP. Also, add some custom trees, not vanilla ones. These make a good looking map.

Buildings: Nothing much more detailed here than: Add some more buildings, the terrain is bare in places.

Thanks for Listening!
Raidon
Hey, thanks for the recommendings! I'll talk to my fellow builders! However, Isla Del Rosa has no terrain outside the dome, so we didn't really focus to much on that! Also, Futuristic Medieval is suposed to be just like the medieval times, but the technology gone a bit futher, so for example blimps we're invented etc. I will try to remove some tree's, but still keep the forrest! Also, keep in mind this is the first map we have made! (Also, I've seen several maps with a denser forrest than we have, like sg1, or Isla del rose as you have to cut through tree's!) Overall, we will fix atleast that with the chest's! Stay tuned!

SteveFilms

Spectator
Reaction score
This looks sick but reminds me a little of teweran survival games in 1 picture, looks sick though.
To be honest, we haven't used ANY sg map as inspiration! Also, teweram sg1 is ice ;) And no lilly pads etc. but I can totally see what you mean and I kinda agree a bit, but me and my team really likes it and will not be changed :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci