• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Game breaking stuff, needs fixed. NOW

Status
Not open for further replies.

CalfEggs

Tribute
Reaction score
So, countless times, I have been here.

The games start, you run into the cornucopia and manage to get an iron chest plate, a bow, and an apple. You run away, and after some park our or maybe getting past a trap, you get an iron sword and leather hat. So now you are somewhat well off, right? You stand a chance, right? You manage to kill a few opponents, get their stuff, and end up have an iron sword, iron chest, chain boots, and leather hat. Then 2 arrows for your bow.

Deathmatch

You run pitifully as they guys in full iron armor and diamond swords crash against each other and rule the land with an iron face. They slay all the little guys, and come after you. You pitifully shoot your 2 arrows, then in an epic fail you swing your iron sword once before they fling your blocky guts every which way with their diamond sword. They win.

EVERY TIME.

It needs fixed! I don't know how it happens, or how to fix it, but please come up with a way to level the games a little more! I haven't won since the development phrase because that! If it keeps happening, I'm just gonna give up on MCSG. ):

DylanS

Experienced
Reaction score
What needs to be fixed?
If it's the balancing of items, I dissagree.

CalfEggs

Tribute
Reaction score
Well, I once visited 7 chests, and still I was in this situation...

due62

Tribute
Reaction score
Yea, if you want to win you need to travel to the feast. That's where you can get even with your opponents.
Also its not that hard to kill a guy with a diamond sword, all you need to do is the block hit technique, I noticed that a lot of players on MCSG don't do it and if you do it you can get easy kills.

DylanS

Experienced
Reaction score
Yea, if you want to win you need to travel to the feast. That's where you can get even with your opponents.
Also its not that hard to kill a guy with a diamond sword, all you need to do is the block hit technique, I noticed that a lot of players on MCSG don't do it and if you do it you can get easy kills.
A lot of players don't do it because the strategy sucks, it's the least effective technique to do against a player that's better then you, I suggest outrunning your opponent but keeping an eye on them, when they go to eat attack or if you have Flint and Steel, right before they can reach you, put a trail of fire where they are, and then they'll walk right into it, fire does a LOT of damage, you can simply outmatch anyone with this technique. Also Bows, they're AMAZING. (No explaining needed).
There's a lot of better strategies then the block/hit technique, I prefer using the flint and steel one, I always have it in my inventory, no matter what.
And if you're getting crappy items in chests, make sure you go deeper into the logics behnd it, there's tier 1 and tier 2 chests, Tier 1; Leather, stone sword, wood sword etc, the bad stuff, Tier 2; Gold, Chain, Iron etc. So if you make a chest-route with atleast 2 Tier 2 chests, I think you would be solid for items, and don't be a fool thinking you can match anyone, if you see someone with a better sword then you have, don't attack, unless they have no armor, or real low armor.

Valethar

Career
Reaction score
You're not finding the right chests and going to cornucopia before refill then. It's not something that needs to be fixed. It's something you jump on and join.

Sleivert

Survivor
Reaction score
A lot of players don't do it because the strategy sucks, it's the least effective technique to do against a player that's better then you.
Now you're giving out false information, yes running away and hitting them with flint and steel is good and you should use your bow, but in a straight up sword fight you should always use the hit/block strategy, it's the best when it comes to straight on sword vs. sword, no strafing or jumping or anything else is better!

DylanS

Experienced
Reaction score
Now you're giving out false information, yes running away and hitting them with flint and steel is good and you should use your bow, but in a straight up sword fight you should always use the hit/block strategy, it's the best when it comes to straight on sword vs. sword, no strafing or jumping or anything else is better!
I dissagree, you see; Blocking ONLY works when the hit has been processed, if there is no lag between the 2 players fighting, then it's good, but there will always be a little lag and that lag will make it less effective, also with ''no strafing or jumping or anything else is better!'' I dissagree partially, jumping IS better, because of the critical hits, I would go compare block/hit and criticals now, but I cant' (busy).
But I do think critical hits would be better seeming you do more damage.
There is worse strategies then the block/hit strategy, but those are almost never used.

Sleivert

Survivor
Reaction score
I dissagree, you see; Blocking ONLY works when the hit has been processed, if there is no lag between the 2 players fighting, then it's good, but there will always be a little lag and that lag will make it less effective, also with ''no strafing or jumping or anything else is better!'' I dissagree partially, jumping IS better, because of the critical hits, I would go compare block/hit and criticals now, but I cant' (busy).
But I do think critical hits would be better seeming you do more damage.
There is worse strategies then the block/hit strategy, but those are almost never used.
It's the lag that makes it work, if there were no lag you had to block just as he hit you, but because of the lag you don't have to be spot on which makes it so good as you in most cases you will block let's say 3/5 hits decreasing damage done to you by ALOT!

lehparsiphel

Experienced
Reaction score
Well, I once visited 7 chests, and still I was in this situation...
it depends on what type of chest you get, like 7 tier 1 chests arent that nice but if you get tier 2, you can get good stuff.
my routes usually contain about 6 - 10 chests
map 1: i get 5 chests, but sometimes i get decked out because i hit 3 tier 2 chests
map 2: i usually get 7 - 8 chests and good enough gear to take corn at refill
map 3: i have, like 6 - 7 chests and 3 of them are tier 2
map 4: eh
map 5: theres no tier 2 on either :| [ insert raging quotes here]

R

RedSeamonster

Full Iron + Diamond Sword are from either:
A) Killing players around map who already have iron armor or diamond(s)
B) Chest Refill (happens every night, cornucopia will usually have all of the good items you need to win)

A suggestion: When you have the items that you say you usually could get or something close to that, you could probably/usually "capture the corn" and get the refill. Most players don't go into the refill will full iron and a diamond sword.

The aforementioned problem is not a "Game-Breaker," and it is certainly not a bug or glitch or anything of the sort. It is simply how the game works. I would recommend jumping aboard the boat of cornucopia chest refills and enjoy the winning.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci