• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Gamemaker Suggestion.

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
I don't know if this has been suggested already, if so, let me know. And if this is already getting added, then I feel really stupid. So, if any of those are true I'd request a lock. If not, suggestion is below.

- Also, another note is that this post will be edited continuously once a good idea comes up. So if the thread is different than what you saw before, here's your answer.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gamemakers:

Okay, since sponsoring has recently been added, I thought it would be fitting to add something with the same kind of system, but instead of helping a player, you're trying to make them die.

How the Suggestion Would Work:

So, the system would be pretty much identical to the sponsor system.

1. A player types the command: /gamemaker MJM239
2. A menu shows up with, I don't know, say 8 options to harm somebody with.
3. The player clicks on "Poison".
4. MJM239 gets poisoned for 5 or so seconds.

How This Could Be Balanced:

Now, the thing about the suggestion is that there would be ABSOLUTELY NO ability that could kill somebody. Every ability in the option could harm them, and larger the cost, the more harm it does, but it would not affect with a tribute's LIFE in the game.

So, if a player were to pick "poison" on a tribute, it would get rid of some of their health for a couple of seconds, and then the game would move on, but if a player had 1 heart of health, it would only lower it to half a heart.

Some Ideas, and Costs of Gamemaker Abilities:

- Poison - Poisons player for 5 seconds, at max can do 2 and a half hearts of damage. (Cannot surpass half a heart) - 200 points.
- Slowness - Slows players speed by 80% for 3 seconds. - 230 points.
- Statue - Freezes a players movement completely for 3 seconds. - 1,000 points.
- Harm I - Automatically damages player 2 and a half hearts. (Cannot surpass 4 hearts.) - 600 points.
- Harm II - Automatically damages player 4 hearts. (Cannot surpass 4 hearts.) - 1,000 points.
- Harm III - Automatically damages player 6 hearts. (Cannot surpass 4 hearts.) - 1,600 points.
- Broken Arm - Temporarily takes away the ability to use sword for 30 seconds. - 1,000 points.
- Broken Eye - Temporarily takes away the ability to use bow, and wobbles screen for 30 seconds. - 1,200 points.

How This Wouldn't Interfere With Sponsoring Poison and Harming Potions:

Now, I figured somebody would bring up the argument that spectators could just sponsor somebody the poison and harming potions. But, it still is way different, and it's kind of obvious.

- Sponsoring a poison potion to a player, still helps the player by giving them a weapon. In the end, it only gives the player the ability to mix up the game. Not the spectator. Also, the player could use it on anybody in the game, maybe not somebody the spectator would want dead.

- PUTTING the poison ability on a player, harms the player and gives them something they do not want. In the end, the spectator gets to mix up the game. Also, this would assure that the player you want dead would get harmed.

It both does the same affect, but for the extra cost the gamemaker could physically put the ability on somebody.

Conclusion:

I feel adding gamemakers with some limitations would be an awesome thing to implement in the game. It would add a bit more of a mix into the game, and players with stronger things wouldn't simply breeze through the match. It would also make spectators feel like they're still a part of the game. (Not saying sponsoring already does this.)

So yeah, thanks for reading. I'd like to hear your opinion on this! Every idea or criticism only helps, right?

-MJ

ShaunDepro

Mockingjay
Reaction score
It'll make the game too confusing for new players and it's overpowered still. Imagine if you were in a fight and taken down to 1/2 a heart then finished off in a hit?

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
It'll make the game too confusing for new players and it's overpowered still. Imagine if you were in a fight and taken down to 1/2 a heart then finished off in a hit?
Hmm. You bring up a good point.

Alright, maybe with a larger cost for the harming abilities, and maybe a higher health cap? So, let's say a harming I would be 500 points, and it couldn't surpass 4 hearts?

Reaction score
I see how this could be pretty abused. Say there is a 3 man team, you kill one of them, he hurts you down to 4 hearts, then his friedns that are alive just bow you down. It's way too overpowered IMO.

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
I see how this could be pretty abused. Say there is a 3 man team, you kill one of them, he hurts you down to 4 hearts, then his friedns that are alive just bow you down. It's way too overpowered IMO.
But at the same time, you'd have to give up the large amount of points to do it. With the new update, 500 points is quite a bit, and people would really have to consider spending it. So, maybe I could rise the point amount a little bit higher up, but remember. With every thing you spend, you have to pay the price as well.

Reaction score
But at the same time, you'd have to give up the large amount of points to do it. With the new update, 500 points is quite a bit, and people would really have to consider spending it. So, maybe I could rise the point amount a little bit higher up, but remember. With every thing you spend, you have to pay the price as well.
True.

darkai202

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Personally I think the max damage should be around 2 hearts at maximum, but abilities that cripple them momentarily sound decent.

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Way way too overpowered. Potions were initially removed for being unfair and this is even more so.

MJM239

District 13
Reaction score
Way way too overpowered. Potions were initially removed for being unfair and this is even more so.
Hmm. I respect your opinion, but could you explain how it would be OP? I need an idea of what you mean, and knowing you, you could bring up some really good points, which would help out the idea. :)

Zeno

Platinum
Reaction score
Hmm. I respect your opinion, but could you explain how it would be OP? I need an idea of what you mean, and knowing you, you could bring up some really good points, which would help out the idea. :)
Will begin developing my ideas surrounding this, though I do have several essays to write for school and may not have time to do so.

M

MrMad2000

This is a good idea because the bounty command was removed to be replaced by the sponsor thing, this would make the game so much more interesting, and people are starting to care about points even more than what they used to, so it wouldn't be used that often.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci