• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Gecko's 500th Post & 3 Year Anneversery

GeckoGoggals

Old Timer
Reaction score
"They should really make this a real map. Great work."
-Gecko, July 15, 2012

3 Years ago today I posted my first message on the forums, and here I am, 3 years and 500 posts later! That was a quote from a reply to the map Overgrown Arena before it was accepted. Today I will be writing about my time here and my thanks to the people who have changed it.

So it all started at baseball practice, on a fresh spring afternoon. My friend and I were talking about how we couldn't find a good place to play on the new hit map "The Survival Games". A teammate overheard us and gave us the server IP: MCSG.IN, and ever since that day, I've never left. Later, I joined the forums and got hooked here too. It took me until October before I got my first win. I'd been killed by Blamph so many times I lost count.
Fast forward to V2, Spring 2013. The update was crazy, 4-5 arrows in a stack instead of 1? WHAT? Carrots and Melons instead of cookies? Huh? I felt so lost for a while. At this point, Breeze had already taken over, along with Holiday Resort and several other maps, but the Original 5 were still somewhat popular since there were only 25 maps at the time. As time went on, MCSG became a network with a hub, and MCTF2 was added along with Survival Games Classic, ZedChase, and later on, Quarter Quell. Christmas 2013 was a good time on the MCGN because of the constant Chad streams and the hub was easy to find your way around, similar to today's hub. Since SGC had been added, it was all I could think about, and all I could play. I was #1 at a few different points in my career there, and ended up with around 400 wins by the time it was closed. As we got bigger and bigger, I started to loose my old friends in the crowd, and soon, all my friends were SGC players. During the summer of 2014, I applied for mod several times, but never made it past pending. In late 2014, I knew I needed some more friends, so I decided to start foruming a lot more. I met people like Beardy and Mooclan and I don't regret it, they are great people. In early 2015, I felt like I didn't belong here anymore, I was out of place. As a last resort I decided to join a clan, and after several attempts to find a one, the Angels took me in. I joined a few clans after that, but they basically had the same people, just a different name. After a while, I was finally not allowed to tag along because if my win ratio, and shortly after that, I was accepted for Moderator. Since then I've just plugged away at what I was hired to do, and had some fun here and there, the staff team was really friendly when I first joined and now I'm one of them, this community is a really accepting group and the staff team is no exception.

If you have any questions for this 'olde wise one', feel free to ask, I'll answer honestly!

Now for some recognitions.

mikag35: You understand pretty much everything I feel and the only reason I kept playing SGC was because of what you said the first time we faced off: "You... are still an amazing player." That really hit home and will be something I will always remember.

Beardy: You're another person that always listens and understands what I try to say. You've always got your own unique opinion on things and that's what makes you special.

SnoopSean: Whenever I see you, you always make my day with a compliment and you're an all-around great guy.

Aidan & ReflexeZ: You guys might not know it, but I joined the clan scene as a last resort to stay here, and you guys were so kind to me even though my skills weren't all that great. You guys helped me through one of my toughest times here.

Jeffrey & Kaylie | Holidays: You two were the first mods that I became friends with, and I'm glad to know you both because you've really helped me grow as a moderator and as a person.

SixZoSeven: We've never talked much, but you've always been a big role model for me and I really appreciate all that you've done for me and this community.

kiwibeans: We haven't known each other for very long, but you always made me laugh when we talked.

There's a few others that I would @ but they're all gone for good so they won't see it. If I missed you, I'm really sorry. 3 years is a long time to remember and I've met thousands of people over that time period, I can't remember all of them.

So yeah! 3 years AND 500 messages on the same day? Pretty cool right? Not like I planned that or anything...
Anyways, hopefully it won't take me 3 more years to get to 1000 posts!

-Gecko

K

KiDD

Dang, the full 3 years you've been here, crazy. Congratulations on that I suppose, and your 500th post!

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Ooh, that medal looks so so so sexy. I'm glad you made the decision to stay in the community and eventually apply for mod, you're a cool guy! Seeya around ^.^

J

District 13
Reaction score
Aww, thanks so much Matt ^-^
Congrats on 3 years and 500 posts, you're a great moderator and I definitely hope that you can stay here for a long time :)
Psst... I'm a better friend than Kaylie though right?

Giggity69Goo

Mockingjay
Reaction score
Congrats on 500 posts and 3 years! I remember when we played Community Games together and we were on the community team... boy those were the days :')

Niall

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Congrats on both of your awesome achievements! To a question that I am starting to overuse, but I think is fun: What 'IGN' rating would you give MCGamer?

Omar

District 13
Reaction score
3 straight years, oh god. Well done anyways, sorry for being kinda late xD

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
I GOT TAGGED OMG HSGDHSIDUHFSDGHHSEHADHHIEST.

*Ahem*

KJSDGJHSDGJHSH

……

Okay, I'm good now! jdsafhgj ;)

Oh old wise one, will you please forgive me for my immaturity. What an amazing journey!
You've lived through many phases of the MCGamer Days, and you are still here today! It's amazing to know someone this wise anywhere.

"A journey of a thousand miles begins with one step."

- Lao Tzu

Thanks for letting me be a part of that journey!

Beardy

District 13
Reaction score
Aw sweet, I was tagged. I'm glad I met you, and you're one of my favorite mods/most respected mods.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci