• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Gender?

Does gender matter?

• Yes

Votes: 11 35.5%
  • No

Votes: 20 64.5%

• Total voters

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Please enlighten me as to how IQ has anything to do with laziness.
GPA does, not IQ. Guys sometimes get lazy and feel like they don't want to work, which leads to poor grades on homework and tests. There are intellectual men and women, but GENERALLY, women have higher GPA's and a slightly higher average IQ. However, men are generally better in sports (not saying women aren't good athletes either).

Illumiigel

Survivor
Reaction score
GPA does, not IQ. Guys sometimes get lazy and feel like they don't want to work, which leads to poor grades on homework and tests. There are intellectual men and women, but GENERALLY, women have higher GPA's and a slightly higher average IQ. However, men are generally better in sports (not saying women aren't good athletes either).
Maybe I misunderstood, I must have misread what you said.

"but the generations' males coming now are so lazy and don't want to do anything so their IQ's are lower."

No, you were talking about IQ, not GPA. I'm pretty sure of that. Laziness has nothing to do with intelligence, which is why GPA is a poor measure of intelligence.

Women don't have higher average IQs. Actually, a majority of studies have found that males score slightly better on IQ tests (see here, here and here), but the difference is fairly minimal. What is interesting though is the difference in deviations from the average between genders. You keep saying that women have higher IQs yet you haven't provided a source.

Scott

District 13
Reaction score
Maybe I misunderstood, I must have misread what you said.

"but the generations' males coming now are so lazy and don't want to do anything so their IQ's are lower."

No, you were talking about IQ, not GPA. I'm pretty sure of that. Laziness has nothing to do with intelligence, which is why GPA is a poor measure of intelligence.

Women don't have higher average IQs. Actually, a majority of studies have found that males score slightly better on IQ tests (see here, here and here), but the difference is fairly minimal. What is interesting though is the difference in deviations from the average between genders. You keep saying that women have higher IQs yet you haven't provided a source.
http://newsfeed.time.com/2012/07/16/why-women-finally-have-higher-iqs-than-men/
http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/...iq-scores-than-men-james-flynn_n_1677963.html
http://www.forbes.com/sites/alicegw...n-in-iq-but-are-other-factors-more-important/
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/a...en-thats-Ill-make-prediction-enrage-them.html
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/education/educationnews/9401241/IQ-tests-women-score-higher-than-men.html

BitoBain

Career
Reaction score
Gonna be honest here and take the route that's not politically correct. I have found that males are generally better at pvp and winning games. This is probably because of psychological differences, such as focus, spatial awareness, reaction time, competitiveness, and more. If you were to compare the stats of 100 random females and 100 random males and average their ratios, you would see what I'm talking about.

Whenever I fight females, I usually find that they are in general much easier. I know that's probably sexist, but it's an correlation I have come to notice. So yes, gender does matter. I think that in any mental or physical pursuit, gender does matter, since gender always has an impact on how you think. It shows in every sport, game, and field.

Illumiigel

Survivor
Reaction score
Every link you've posted is a news article quoting the same person's research. What I linked were peer-reviewed papers with actual scientific credibility, each with a different sample of people.

The problem with using news articles as some kind of "proof" is that they can be severely distorted by the writer. Here's an article I found describing how this has been done in the articles you linked.

Also, there could be a chance that the sample size he chose wasn't large enough to get an accurate representation of the average IQ, the difference in IQ he found between genders was so minimal. In some of his samples, men scored higher than women. You also have to remember that this study only includes 14-18 year olds, which isn't a true representative of "male vs female" IQs. In fact, 14-18 year old females SHOULD score higher on IQ tests than 14-18 year old males, as females go through puberty earlier. However, when comparing IQs between men and women, men typically score more than a few points higher.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci