• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Get a little "Reward" for catching hackers/cheaters in SG?

quattro204

Survivor
Reaction score
Hello, my name is Quattro. You probably don't know this but i catch and record hackers on the usual. And you know what? The MCGamer anti-cheat doesn't catch enough hackers for there to be a better community with less hackers, so that is why i report and record hackers.
So. Isn't it annoying getting killed by a hacker? Is it annoying to die by a hacker? Is it helpful to ban hackers? Your answer to all of these hackers is probably yes. (If that isn't the case then you're obviously MLG pro)
So. What do you mean that players should get rewarded for catching a certain amount of hackers? Well this is it. If you're like me then you don't want your stats ruined by some cheaters, because you know... Cheating is cheating! And its not fair if your doing so much for the community, and not getting anything in return besides 1 hacker banned off of the servers. So this is what i think. After catching about *5* hackers, you will be rewarded (1) stat reset (for -5 games due to the games you lost to cheaters.) and for your time spent trying to help out the server. Maybe a good way to "Obtain" your stat resets would be through the forums and as well will be a little "Cheaters Banned" or something along those lines, in your profile on the fourums in your information section. (Just as a small addition of course, to prove that YOU are helping the server as a player). This will also wipe the server CLEAN OF HACKERS because so many so called "Tryhards" do care about their stats and resetting them when they aren't happy with their win ratio. This fact will obligate many tryhards to catch hackers. And im not going to lie to you, a decent portion of the youtubers and loyal players do care about the server and keeping it hacker free, the other decent portion is the glicth abusers, hackers, boosters, and other possible cheaters. And all of us loyal players... All we want to do is help the community, bring the old days back, get more people online, and make the server experience a ton better. However, the server might want some more staff to confirm all the reported players are hacking and for other reasons.
Thank you so much for reading my thread, "Get a little "Reward" for catching hackers/cheaters in SG?" and i hope i could get this idea spread across the community ASAP, because the servers community (in all truths) is just getting worse and worse by the day now, and we need to stop, before the server eventually dies out. Which would be a horrible thing, because this is my favorite server... and hundreds of more people. So... Lets try this out :D

Rhino1928

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Our wonderful Col_StaR tried to implement this system where it was dependent on how many report abuses you did and then you got entered into this raffle thing and you could win prizes like donor or other small things. The reward thing kind of died out when Col left for College. Ceroria could do a better job of explaining how it worked and was implemented.

Ceroria

quattro204

Survivor
Reaction score
Our wonderful Col_StaR tried to implement this system where it was dependent on how many report abuses you did and then you got entered into this raffle thing and you could win prizes like donor or other small things. The reward thing kind of died out when Col left for College. Ceroria could do a better job of explaining how it worked and was implemented.

Ceroria
Ok, sorry about that, havent hear of that before, my fault :p thanks though :D

Ceroria

Mockingjay
Reaction score

Ceroria
Well, I mean you pretty much explained it all haha. When people submitted report abuses that got accepted, they were entered into a raffle and winners were chosen weekly I believe. The system left with Col if I remember correctly because getting the prizes became too much of an issue because he was the only admin with access directly to donor codes.

TotalDramaTony

District 13
Reaction score
As Rhino stated, there was something like this before. We could always try to bring something like it back, but it is difficult due to not have direct access to codes and such. Before however, we did not give stat resets, people also got temporary donor ranks. Really, report abuses still help out a lot, and people don't understand that making them does help create a huge difference in the community.

Rhino1928

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
Well, I mean you pretty much explained it all haha. When people submitted report abuses that got accepted, they were entered into a raffle and winners were chosen weekly I believe. The system left with Col if I remember correctly because getting the prizes became too much of an issue because he was the only admin with access directly to donor codes.
As Rhino stated, there was something like this before. We could always try to bring something like it back, but it is difficult due to not have direct access to codes and such. Before however, we did not give stat resets, people also got temporary donor ranks. Really, report abuses still help out a lot, and people don't understand that making them does help create a huge difference in the community.
IQ Boost +2

quattro204

Survivor
Reaction score
Thanks for letting me know :p Just trying to make a small difference in the community :)

SnoopSean

Career
Reaction score
I think that Tony touched on this a bit but people won't understand that reporting isn't for the reward it's to help the server and your experience on it. Also, it encourages players because of the feeling that you accomplished something that will also benefit you to go and help in other places of the server.

Complexity

Survivor
Reaction score

Ceroria
I won 10$ for reports hackers!

iRocki

Career
Reaction score
The reward system explained above was actually very helpful. In fact before I was a moderator I was a gold donor just because of that. We are thinking of new ways to reward people for posting accepted report abuses. When we get the idea I can assure you it will be implemented asap. Until then if you report rule breakers you will earn our respect ;)

Berk

Platinum
Reaction score
EU Operation CleanSweep is starting tomorrow. A reward you can earn is a beautiful shiny medal on your forums account. I hope it encourages you and many others to ban those hackers!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci