• Our Minecraft servers are offline but we will keep this forum online for any community communication. Site permissions for posting could change at a later date but will remain online.

Get Rid Of The Maps That Stink

Get Rid Of The Maps That Stink?

• Yes

Votes: 115 82.1%
  • No

Votes: 25 17.9%

• Total voters

Ultraviolence

Experienced
Reaction score
MOON. BASE. 9.

I cannot stand this map as it looks like a 5 year old built it, it's just a world edited dome and then empty air. There is nothing to this map AND I CANNOT STAND IT.
No offense to the map maker, but it's on the fridge, please..let it stay there.

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
MOON. BASE. 9.

I cannot stand this map as it looks like a 5 year old built it, it's just a world edited dome and then empty air. There is nothing to this map AND I CANNOT STAND IT.
No offense to the map maker, but it's on the fridge, please..let it stay there.
What do you mean by a world edited dome and empty air?

Ultraviolence

Experienced
Reaction score
What do you mean by a world edited dome and empty air?
The map was lagging, so I broke blocks and the corn is just a world edited dome..Not much effort was put into this map and games go by so quick because finding people is so easy. The only structure is corn, other then a few underground tunnels and spaceships.

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
The map was lagging, so I broke blocks and the corn is just a world edited dome..Not much effort was put into this map and games go by so quick because finding people is so easy. The only structure is corn, other then a few underground tunnels and spaceships.
Uh...I think the only part of your post that is fairly accurate is the part that says a dome was used for the corn. We did use a dome for corn to get the curve right. Did you really expect that to be done by hand??? Moving on to the next part, how can you judge how much effort was put in? Did you watch us build it? Alright, next, finding people is easy because the map is 250 in the radius (hence, extremely small). The games are intended to move really fast, that's how it was built. There are tons of structures. If you would like, I'll go on the map right now and count them for you.
None of this was meant to be offensive, I was just stating my side since you stated yours.

EDIT: I went on the map and counted. There are 13 others besides corn, the tunnels, and the spaceship. This is more than Breeze Island and it's the same size (just using it as a comparison because of size relations). Now, please only respond if it's a valid reason. I'm fine with you saying that you don't like it but you haven't seemed to provide a reason that I can't simply show differently....

Double Edit: Also, I know it's your opinion that you don't like it, and I'm fine with that....But it seems to be one of the most liked maps of the new ones- http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/opinions-on-new-maps.41059/ I know that it's not a definite, but it does appear to be fairly well liked.

Ultraviolence

Experienced
Reaction score
Uh...I think the only part of your post that is fairly accurate is the part that says a dome was used for the corn. We did use a dome for corn to get the curve right. Did you really expect that to be done by hand??? Moving on to the next part, how can you judge how much effort was put in? Did you watch us build it? Alright, next, finding people is easy because the map is 250 in the radius (hence, extremely small). The games are intended to move really fast, that's how it was built. There are tons of structures. If you would like, I'll go on the map right now and count them for you.
None of this was meant to be offensive, I was just stating my side since you stated yours.

EDIT: I went on the map and counted. There are 13 others besides corn, the tunnels, and the spaceship. This is more than Breeze Island and it's the same size (just using it as a comparison because of size relations). Now, please only respond if it's a valid reason. I'm fine with you saying that you don't like it but you haven't seemed to provide a reason that I can't simply show differently....

Double Edit: Also, I know it's your opinion that you don't like it, and I'm fine with that....But it seems to be one of the most liked maps of the new ones- http://www.minecraftsurvivalgames.com/threads/opinions-on-new-maps.41059/ I know that it's not a definite, but it does appear to be fairly well liked.
The reason is, I just dislike this map more then anything. It's empty, 13 structures? Boring. I think this map could be great, and awesome. I just think you should of put a lot more into it.

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
The reason is, I just dislike this map more then anything. It's empty, 13 structures? Boring. I think this map could be great, and awesome. I just think you should of put a lot more into it.
I understand that you think it's empty but I can look at almost any map on mcsg and say they're empty. For example, Hell Games is just trees everywhere with the exception of 4 or 5 structures. That's completely barren. Again, I could compare this to Breeze Island (not hating on the map, just using as an example since it's such a popular map). There are about 10 structures. The rest is just an expanse of water. Moon Base 9 is very similar, just with end stone instead of water (long stretch for that kind of comparison but you get the point)

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
I watched Blamph's video on the Hell Games, the trees look like they are a huge problem, so hard to navigate through them.

I like a lot of the looks of the PMC contest, but I don't think that the maps are that practical gameplay wise.

Just my 2 cents, everyone has an opinion.

Reaction score
I don't care what you do to the new maps, just don't remove my precious Lost Mine. :3

Mr_Tibbels

Peacekeeper
Reaction score
I think they should wait until i really good map comes around, I would rather have a good map every 2 months then 2 really bad maps every month

Ultraviolence

Experienced
Reaction score
I understand that you think it's empty but I can look at almost any map on mcsg and say they're empty. For example, Hell Games is just trees everywhere with the exception of 4 or 5 structures. That's completely barren. Again, I could compare this to Breeze Island (not hating on the map, just using as an example since it's such a popular map). There are about 10 structures. The rest is just an expanse of water. Moon Base 9 is very similar, just with end stone instead of water (long stretch for that kind of comparison but you get the point)
I know what you're trying to say but, I'm saying that if you would of waited a little bit longer to put this map out..It would of came out a lot better :)

Tree_TheBigKind

District 13
Reaction score
I know what you're trying to say but, I'm saying that if you would of waited a little bit longer to put this map out..It would of came out a lot better :)
After we finished it, we tried to find stuff to change/make better and found a few things but nothing major. That's when we held the test games for the map. Other than plug-in problems and one or two saying "ooh the map is too dark!!" there were no complaints and everyone liked it lol. We aren't gonna change the brightness since it's the moon :p Lol

ScrewYouGumby2

Diamond
Reaction score
After we finished it, we tried to find stuff to change/make better and found a few things but nothing major. That's when we held the test games for the map. Other than plug-in problems and one or two saying "ooh the map is too dark!!" there were no complaints and everyone liked it lol. We aren't gonna change the brightness since it's the moon :p Lol
I those test games were fun. :p

Can't you guys add a couple stars on the roof?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Atasci